Book 1, Chapter 4: Discussions, Plans, Arguments

Playing For Keeps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Donghyuk, do you have a second?”

 

The boy stopped, with Hyemi on his arm.

 

“Sure, why?”

 

“Alone.”

 

Hyemi’s hold on her brother tightened visibly and she resisted the urge to roll her eyes again. Manners were still important, and as much as she didn’t really like the girl, she didn’t want Donghyuk to think that she was deliberately trying to prevent his happiness.

 

“Whatever you want to say, Hyemi can hear it too.” Donghyuk argued, and she had to pinch herself to remind herself to resist the temptation of just dragging him out of the house by the ear and scream at him to have some damn sense because this girl was not what he wanted!

 

“Just wanted to talk to you about the old times, that’s all.” She was one step away from pleading. “Please Donghyuk, it’s been a year since I last saw you. Aren’t you at least going to grant me the pleasure of talking to you, just the two of us?”

 

“Hyukkie, go.” Hyemi gave her a hesitant smile, and pushed the boy towards Jaemin. “I’ll feel guilty if I’m the one keeping you from your sister.”

 

~

 

“Where did you meet, how did you meet, and what type of girl is she? I don’t want mushy details, just tell me everything. Crash course. Boom. Go.”

 

Donghyuk really did roll his eyes this time, and she suppressed a grin. Family trait.

 

“We met at a game. She owns a fansite of me, and her mother is the president of some magazine thing and she came to take photos, then she asked if she could have a personal photo with me, which I said yes to.”

 

She stirred her mocha frappuccino, made using the machine that they had in their kitchen. The two of them were currently on bar stools, overlooking the huge pool in front of them.

 

Kwon Jiyong was rich at heck, she noted to herself.

 

“Then we met again during the interview for the same magazine, and she was there during the interview. Then we were asked about ideal types and then… Well, you know what I said.”

 

“Yeah.” Jaemin deadpanned. “Girl who is so bright that their smile can light up a room.”

 

“See, I knew you stalk me online.”

 

“You’re my brother, of course I read the articles.” Jaemin rolled her eyes again, and Donghyuk laughed. “And?” He prompted, knowing that he said more and she could probably remember.

 

“Girls who have their own personality and won’t bring you down, girls who support your dream wholeheartedly.” Jaemin could literally recite it from memory. “It was a good one.”

 

“Yeah, and Hyemi fits it so well, don’t you think?”

 

Jaemin raised her eyebrow, dubious. “I don’t know her well enough.”

 

“Well, I’m going to tell you that she’s the epitome of my ideal type.” Donghyuk sighed. “She supports me so much, you’d be jealous.”

 

“She seems to literally pave her life around you though.” Jaemin murmured. “What are her hopes and aspirations?”

 

“Taking over her mother’s company.” Donghyuk declared, as if it was second nature. “What else?”

 

Jaemin shook her head. “She seems hell-bent on becoming your wife as a life goal, though.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter