Book 1 Chapter 1: It's Official

Playing For Keeps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“They’re getting married!”

 

“So what about our practice?” Jiwon barely even looked up from his phone screen. “How long is the honeymoon?”

 

“Is he still staying in the house?” Chanwoo looked up hopefully. “Can I not room with Junhoe hyung and have the room to myself?”

 

“Shut it, baby boy.” Hanbin shot back. “What about our contracts with ADIDAS? He can’t miss it.”

 

“And how is he going to play on the team?” Junhoe sauntered into the sitting area, looking like he just had the worst fright of his life when Jinhwan shot him a glare, obviously not forgetting his clumsy mistake on the court. “If he’s getting married, this soon, he’s obviously going to need his own place, his own house…”

 

“EXACTLY.” Jinhwan rubbed his head against the door, looking absolutely done with life in general.

 

“Jinhwan, don’t do that, you’ll go bald.” Yunhyeong observed kindly. Jinhwan stopped with a groan, and walked into the room.

 

The team, thanks to their benefactor, was currently staying in a luxurious, resort-style mansion given to them by Kwon Jiyong.

 

The house itself was four stories high, with an open concept. The floors were completely open to air, and the windows stretched from the ceiling to the ground on one side, while the others were completely opaque, beige walls.

 

Since there were seven people, they drew lots on how to share rooms. Hanbin and Jiwon were in one room on the far side of the house, and they also had the biggest. Junhoe and Chanwoo stayed directly below them, and Donghyuk had a room to himself on the ground floor. It was pretty small compared to Jiwon and Hanbin’s almost apartment sized room, but it was still pretty big, big enough for a huge walk-in closet and his entire collection of sport shoes, a piano, a guitar, a computer and a few bookshelves, plus an adjoining toilet.

 

Jinhwan stayed on the other side of the building with his girlfriend slash fiancee, although Jin Haewon didn’t usually stay there-- she only went when there were special events, or parties, for example. Although the guys did suspect that she would move in permanently after their marriage.

 

The house, large, was divided into two sections. The front section, facing the pool, consisted of a long corridor, opened, and a small mini gym. Directly on top of that, on the second floor, was a massive sitting room. The third floor, was a guest room and an adjoining sitting area, one that they usually used for team meetings like this. Behind that, were three more rooms, where the team stayed in. On the left hand side, the third section, was where Jinhwan stayed on the third floor. The second floor was a kitchen, and the first floor was opened, into a barbeque pit and another dining area.

 

Currently, they were in the sitting area on the third floor, overlooking the pool. It was night, and Donghyuk was still not back from his date with his long time girlfriend, now fiancee.

 

Needless to say, Hanbin was not amused.

 

“They shouldn’t be marrying this early!” He sighed, typing on his phone. “I really can’t believe it.”

 

“Not that I don’t like Hyemi, she’s a good girl.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter