Book 2 Chapter 2: Reunions

Playing For Keeps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Guys!” 

 

The mood had turned sombre ever since Yerin had left the house. Yeah, she had texted, she had called, but the occupants were still trying to get used to the sudden absence of such a larger-than-life figure. 

 

“Yerin invited us over to go to the party thrown by the Seoul Women’s team.” 

 

“It’s only been like two weeks since she’s back, and now she’s throwing a party?” Jaemin ambled into the kitchen for a glass of water. She and Junhoe had wrecked more havoc on the house, a lot more havoc, and Hyemi had all but moved out. 

 

Still, Jaemin knew her brother well enough to know that the plan was working. He had spoken to Hyemi and talked about delaying the wedding to the year after, on accounts that they were both working and trying to make a name for themselves in both their careers. Hyemi had been accepted back into her mother’s company on probation, and he had been given warnings by Jinhwan for being so depressed that he couldn’t play. 

 

“Not she, they.” Hanbin corrected. “And I think we’re all in desperate need for some reunions and a glass of wine or two.” 

 

“More like you’re going to down an entire barrel of alcohol until you drink yourself into oblivion. And you were the one who thought I was the joke when my girlfriend broke up with me.” Jiwon muttered, snatching the phone over from Hanbin and relaying the details of the party to the rest. “It’s going to be our last party before the competition season starts. And our last chance to see Yerin in a while.” 

 

“Good news, boys.” Jinhwan sauntered in. “You guys get to have that day off and enjoy some alcohol. I confirmed with the dieticians that you all deserve to have some booze in your system before going all out in competition soon, so go and get drunk, and try not to do anything too embarrassing.” 

 

 

The house the girls stayed in were even more glamorous than the guys’ if possible. Freakishly big, with glass panels spanning from ceiling to floor and almost no opaque walls at all. Each glass panel was covered with three layers of thick blinds and curtains, leaving each girl enough privacy to be able to do their own things quietly. From the outside, it was magnificent, from the inside, it was cosy. 

 

“Why didn’t Jiyong get us a house like this? It’s so much more classy…” Jiwon muttered, under his breath, as he leaned out from the balcony on the second floor. 

 

Considering that there were only five playing members and a coach staying in the dorm, the house was pretty small, with only two floors. However, the house was wide enough and housed around ten rooms on each floor, with each girl assigned to 3 rooms each, for their personal use. The common living room overlooked the pool, and as expected, enclosed with floor-length glass walls. Towards the back of the house, the rooms were spaciously set apart, this time with opaque walls. The rooms were all different depending on who liked to do what, so there was a room fashioned after a dance studio, another room fashioned after a study, a room that looked like it belonged to a professional recording studio and a few others. 

 

Jinhwan had guided them over to the large pool in front of the house, where they waited for the girls to come home from training. Ever since Yerin had returned, the entire team was working on teamwork again, and Hanbin bit his lip, remembering his little sister sending him a text message a week ago, one of the rare texts that she had the time to send, ranting about how their coach was not making things easy for them at all, putting them through gruelling routine trainings and conditionings, all as a team. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter