Book 1, Chapter 5: #EVILDUO

Playing For Keeps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Breakfast had been anything but a silent affair. 

 

Living with a team, she realized, was nothing short of noisy, boisterous, and maybe, something that she had missed in the long years of living alone. 

 

She genuinely did enjoy this lifestyle, she realized, with a wry smile on her face, as her brother and his friends threw food around at each other, shouting to pass the food, more milk, more coffee, and Jinhwan at his wits end trying to keep them under control. 

 

Jiwon’s endless teasing of Hanbin, Yunhyeong silently helping Jinhwan out with passing the food around, Haewon and Hyemi doing their best to cook, and Her brother, Junhoe and Chanwoo wrecking havoc everywhere they go. 

 

The only thing wrong with the picture, was how Hyemi kept glancing towards Donghyuk every five seconds, and kept finding some excuse to move right up to his side, touching his arm, or doing something that involved physical contact. 

 

No need to mention, that got on her nerves. 

 

Silently pushing her last piece of pancake around her plate, she watched as the maple syrup seeped into the golden brown surface. Swirling it around again, she glared harder, and then someone coughed. 

 

Head snapping around, she almost hoped that it was her brother, but alas, he was too busy making puppy eyes at his girlfriend (cringing, she corrected herself, fiancee). 

 

“Are you free today?” 

 

Her eyes roamed the room, before they landed on the boy who was looking at her expectantly. 

 

“Um. Sure, I’ve got nothing to do.” 

 

“Great.” His smile looked just a little too sadistic to be true, and he stood up. “Finish up, I wanna show you around.” 

 

“What?” 

 

Even she was taken aback by the proposal. Junhoe hadn’t seemed like the nicest guy when they first met yesterday. What was with the sudden bout of warmness coming from him, she wasn’t sure that she wanted to know. 

 

There was an abrupt silence, but the boy ignored his teammates, and instead, looked at her expectantly. “There’s a cafe somewhere in the city. I was going to go hang out today alone, but you can join me if you like.” 

 

“Are you actually being nice?” She mocked, then shut immediately. 

 

“Yah, you should be honoured.” 

 

“That seems more logical.” She decided, and stood up. “But yes, I wouldn’t mind.” 

 

The two of them shared a look, and then turned back to the team simultaneously. 

 

“Don’t wait for us to come back for lunch!” Junhoe quipped, and dragged her out the door. 

 

 

“Are the two of them like, a thing?” Jiwon muttered, clearing his dishes and getting ready to waste another day in front of the Xbox again. “They just met yesterday, geez.” 

 

“Don’t think they’re dating.” Donghyuk muttered back. “But if he hurts my sister, I’m going to have his head.” 

 

“Jaemin’s a big girl, huh, don’t worry too much.” Hanbin dumped his dishes into the dishwasher and prepared to go into the pool, have a day to himself and maybe work on some laps- the guy never actually rested. “I’m sure they’re just getting to know each other better, Junhoe’s not the kind of casanova to get any girl he wants.” 

 

“He’s not smooth enough.” Jiwon snorted. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter