That Night

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hongdae Club, January 2012

Just like another club, this club getting too crowded at the midnight. People were dancing on the floor like crazy, half of them were almost drunk. Loud music could be heard nonstop, and a lot of cheering, shouting, even mourning. And here she was, in the corner of the club, on a spot that was not too much revealed and where just a few people would notice her, crying her soul out.

She was alone. Pretty dangerous for a beautiful girl like her. But she couldn’t help it. She rarely drink alcohol, but now she was drunk. She almost finished one full bottle. Her make up was a mess. Her hair, either. She’s a celebrity, at the normal situation, she would always protect her image. Because no one ever knew when the paparazzi would unfortunately find them. But she didn’t care. Today was not a normal situation.

She was about to go to her boyfriend’s apartment to give him a surprise. But guess who’s there?

Were you thinking about some undecent woman staying there? No, it was worse. There were her boyfriend’s parents. Woohoo, she must be happy then, meeting soon to be mother and father in law. Apparently that was not the end, his parents brought him a girl. Angel-like lady. Super pretty lady. Who suddenly being announced as his fiancee. What? What was that?

So this girl was actually his parent’s friend’s daughter set for him since their childhood.

Okay, so, he would defend me right? He said he loves me. She thought.

But another twist here, he even didn’t say anything when his parents introduce that girl. His parents didn’t know anything about their relationship, so it was very natural for them to greet her like nothing happened, and also told her about that girl. All they knew was just she was Kim Taeyeon, a friend of their son, Park Jeongsu.

She gave him another chance by looking at his gaze once again. Looking for explanation. But he only looked at the ground, or looked into somewhere else except her eyes. She didn’t believe it, yesterday he still said good night to her. But now?

“I am sorry abeonim, eomonim, I think I have to go, sorry for disturbing your family time,” she just wanted to go as soon as possible.

Then she went inside her car. Sitting like a human without soul. She waited. She gave him another last chance by texting him.

Can you please tell me what was happened? Were you being forced by your parents to meet that girl?

She waited until the sun set. Finally she got his answer.

I am sorry Taeyeon, there’s nothing to be explained. Thank you for everything

Whoa whoa whoa. After all these years they had been together, trying hard to protect their relationship. Trying to deny it in front of their company, in front of their fans, she had shed too many tears only to be dumped in a day like this.

She started her engine, and drove to a club.

This abnormal situation brought her to a place she rarely go. It also brought her to her destiny.

“G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter