Hope

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SM Entertainment, June 2003

 

Jiyong opened the practice room, expecting the room to be empty in the middle of the night, but he was wrong. A girl, silently sobbed at the corner of the practice room, hugged her knee and put her head down, while her shoulder shaking. 

 

“Taeyeon, right?” once he recognized that it was Taeyeon, the girl with angelic voice. He had met her before, occasionally.

 

The girl stopped her move, she still didn’t want to lift her face, she stayed still. 

 

‘Aish, I thought there will be no one here,' Taeyeon whispered to herself.

 

“Okay, I won’t disturb you, just go on, I will pretend I don’t hear anything,” said Jiyong. He just want to practice his song. The new song he meticulously changed over and over again. He had been working for this song for months and he wouldn’t stop revising until he feel satisfied. “ I just want to play the song, then I will practice, don’t mind me, you can continue crying” 

 

Taeyeon’s cheek burn from embarassment, ‘How could I suppose to continue crying, OMG, how if he tell the other trainees?’

 

“ Don’t worry I will not tell anyone,” Jiyong added. As if he heard her mind.

 

Taeyeon wiped her tears, and finally lifted her head up. Jiyong pretended to ignore her, he sat in front of the computer, clicking and scrolling, tried to find the right file. Taeyeon decided to get up and leave. She thought that there was no point staying here with this boy she didn’t really know. Beside, she still embarassed by her act. She walked across the room, just when she was about to reach the door...

 

Click

 

He found the right song. 

 

The sound of decent melody was heard from the speaker, a beautiful sound of guitar accompanied by some electronic effect played in harmony, kind of soothing music Taeyeon’s never ever heard before. She stopped her step, hypnotized by the magic in the song. She turned and looked at him, the boy started dancing along with the music. His movement was smooth, but sharp and full of energy. His expression was, somehow mysterious, implying something, built her curiousity up. He had that kind of aura, or they called charisma, making his performance strongly shook Taeyeon’s sanity. She couldn’t help but looking at him endlessly, and mesmerized by his charms.

 

The song stopped, so did Jiyong. Taeyeon was still in awe. 

 

“What’s wrong?” asked Jiyong while still panting. 

 

Taeyeon immediately clapped her hand in amazement, forgetting about the sadness and reason why she cried few minutes before. She smiled beautifully, and made the boy gulped. 

 

“You were amazing” She said almost whispering. But Jiyong still could hear her sincerity. 

 

“Oh... Thank you,” said Jiyong while blushing. “I am glad my song could entertain you,”

 

“Did you make the song by yourself?” Taeyeon asked. She found the courage to fulfil her curiousity.

 

“Yeah, it might still lacking in many aspects but, I have revised it several times, I think I am satisfied with this version for now,” he scratched his head while smiling.

 

“Wow, you’re so talented,” Taeyeon said earnestly. Jiyong just being quiet then asked in disbelief, “What? What are you saying?”

 

“Your talent, I mean, it’s incredible,” she answered, “I don’t think that you heard it for the first time,”

 

“Actually, this was my first time,” he looked down. Then suddenly grabbed Taeyeon’s hand, “Could you please say it again?” 

 

Taeyeon was confuse, “You’re so talented,” 

 

Jiyong sighed heavily, “Aah, I am so happy,” he smiled. “You’re the first person in this world who heard this song excluding me, thank you Taeyeon”

 

He suddenly laid on the floor, stretching his arms and feet, closing his eyes. Taeyeon didn’t know what reason driven her came closer to him, she sat beside him. “ I am the one who have to thank you,” said Taeyeon. 

 

Jiyong opened his eyes and looked at Taeyeon. He saw her eyes staring blankly, the stain of tears still visible on her cheeks. “You know Taeyeon, not once CEO said encouraging words to me. Nor my family. They supports my dream, but I know deep in their heart they still want me to be a normal kid, go to school, studying,” 

 

Taeyeon looked back at him. ‘Why did it sound so familiar?’

 

“ It’s not that you want them to tell you are doing good while you are not, but sometimes you think hearing a simple praise will greatly help you surviving this fight, am I right?” stated Taeyeon carefully.

 

Jiyong sat up then facing her, “How could you know that?”

 

“ My situation kinda same, perhaps,” Taeyeon closed her eyes and sighed.

 

“ Is th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter