Let's pretend we don't know each other

The Vampire's Daughter

 

"Kibum, Are you one of those guys who tries to get my attention?" yun mi asked in a serious tone.
 
"Aniya. I don't even know you back then." he said.
 
"Then why did you lie?" she asked. Gongchan was also curious.
 
"Lonely I guess. I only have friends because i'm good-looking. I want to test someone who truly wants a friend. So I pretented to be an autistic nerd. Back then, I have many friends, just because to have popularity like mines. I was disappointed. They were only close to me to get the attention of everyone like mine. Girls just liked my looks. When I saw you as a queenka, I thought you were a common one, flirty, vain, and arrogant. But I guess you were different. I never knew a queenka could give up her popularity to treat a friend in need. I guess I counted you as my only friend. When my mother called my previous friends about the lie that I became autistic and a nerd, they avoided me and ignored me. They treated me as a nobody. That's when I knew that no one can replace my yunnie." he explained.
 
"Are you confessing?" gongchan said in a low tone.
 
"andwae! I'm just saying how yun mi is a special friend." he defended.
 
"I sympathize you, bummie. I never had a friend there. When I told them I give up on being a queenka, they all turned their backs on me. That's when I knew nobody treated me as a real friend there." she said in a soft voice.
 
"I guess we have the same fate huh?" he said which she nodded.
 
"So! I guess we should head back now that class is starting!" gongchan cutely interrupted.
 
"Eh? Yun mi'ah, you hadn't eaten yet?" he asked.
 
"I don't have the appetite." she said while playing with her food.
 
"Yun mi'ah, maybe the SHINee did this, don't you think?" gongchan said.
 
"They wouldn't do this to me. But I somehow now dislike the taste of food." she said which made them both look at each other.
 
"You should better get home and rest now yunnie." he said.
 
"Your condition is going really well recently." he said.
 
"Kwaenchanha. Kaja! We'd better go now. Don't wanna be late!" she weakly cheered yet they both smiled.
 
 
-
 
 
Class is almost ending and the teacher has an announcement.
 
"Tomorrow, we'll be having our class picture. I already informed those who are absent for today so, look your best and be careful on your way home." the teacher said.
 
"Informed those who are absent? Does that include the SHINee?" yun mi muttered.
 
"Mimi, kaja!" gongchan said. She nodded and smiled at him and followed him out until she saw a familiar figure standing outside the door.
 
"Oh my gosh! Isn't he the handsome transferee?" A girl said.
 
"He's sooooo Hot!"
 
"I want to kiss him!"
 
"Yunnie!" the guy who was standing behind the door said. She didn't even know it was kibum.
 
"Eh? Is he going out with her? Hmph! That girl is such a !" a girl said.
 
"I'm sorry but if you're going to talk about her that way then, note that I will never lay an eye on you." he said while looking at yun mi. Gongchan got pissed off but was also angry at the girls because they called her ''.
 
The girls walked off with their butts swaying side to side.
 
"You don't need to talk to them like that, bummie." she said.
 
"Just think of it as my payment for what you are to me." he said.
 
"What does that mean?" she asked.
 
"Payment for being the only friend of mine." he said warmly.
 
Gongchan rolled his eyes and looked at yun mi.
 
"Mimi! Let's go eat ice cream!" he said.
 
Yun mi nodded and waved goodbye to kibum when he suddenly stoped her.
 
"Chamkhaman! Can I...talk to you for a second?" he asked.
 
"Sure. Channie, could you wait for me for a while?" she asked gongchan.
 
"Arasseo." he smiled but glared at kibum after.
 
 
-
 
 
"I can't believe how much you change, yunnie." he said.
 
"You too, bummie." she said which made them chuckle.
 
"So, how many friends do you have?" he asked.
 
"hmm...6?" she said which made him widened in surprise.
 
"Jinjja? Even though I have only one and that is you." he said.
 
"Who else more than gongchan?" he asked.
 
"A group of guys." she said which made him shock more.
 
"No girls? So, that explains why no girl suports you." he chuckled.
 
"But those guys, have been missing for a while." she said as she looked down.
 
"What do you mean?" he asked.
 
"I was the only one who became close to them. I wasn't seducing them or anything. I was only making them happy here in school because I have never seen them smile at school." she said that made him smile.
 
"You're really a good friend, yun mi." he said.
 
"Am I? I even reject other people so how could I be a good friend?" she said.
 
"Those people like you but only the half of you. Your appearance. Other people who just knew you might already knew you well already. They like you for what you are to them. They like you for their unexpected things from you. They like you because you are you." he said that made yun mi smile.
 
"Ihae. But, is that the only thing you want to say to me for bringing me out here" she asked.
 
"Oh..hehe..that huh. Can, I ask you for a date?" he asked which made yun mi surprise.
 
"D-Date? Why so?" she asked.
 
"Just...for being together again. If not, it's okay really." he said nervously as he rubbed his nape.
 
"Mullon" she said which made him shock.
 
"J-Jinjja? Then, i'll meet you after your class picture okay?" he said as he smiled widely.
 
Unknowingly that gongchan heard everything.
 
"DATE!?" he shouted inside his mind.
 
 
-
 
 
"Fix yourselves everyone!" the adviser said.
 
"Yunnie! Are you finished?" kibum ran to her.
 
"We're just starting, bummie." she said.
 
"Oh My Gosh! SHINee is back!" other girls said that are not in my classroom.
 
Yun mi quickly changed her look to the ones they were screaming about.
 
"They're back?" yun mi muttered.
 
"Who's back?" he asked.
 
"The 5 other friends." she said.
 
"Them? They're a group." he pointed which she nodded.
 
"Since when did they left?" gongchan suddenly pops out of nowhere and asked yun mi.
 
"Few days ago." she replied.
 
"Alright let's move!" the adviser telled them.
 
The girls was sitting at the bottom and the boys were standing at the top.
 
"hana..dul..ses!
 
"One more!"
 
"hana..dul..ses!"
 
"Wacky Time!" The phtographer said.
 
Everyone including yun mi was looking at the camera, except for SHINee, gongchan, and kibum the whole time was only looking at yun mi.
 
"hana..dul..ses!"
 
"Finished!" gongchan rubbed his eyes.
 
Kibum quickly went to yun mi which gongchan saw.
 
"Yunnie, kaja!" he said but yun mi stopped him.
 
"Can you wait for a while, kibum? I need to talk to them for a while." she said while pointing at SHINee.
 
"Oh..o-okay..." he said.
 
Yun mi went to SHINee.
 
"Jinki! Kibum! Minho! Taemin! Jonghyun!" she called and their heads turned around to look at her.
 
"Would you mind telling me where you were?" yun mi curiously asked.
 
"We-..can't tell you.." minho suddenly said.
 
"W-Why not..?" she asked.
 
"Yun mi'ah..let's pretend we never knew eachother." jonghyun said and they all signalled each other to leave her, dumbfounded.
 
Yun mi felt her heart sink. Yet she still smiled to not let others worry.
 
"Should we go, yunnie?" kibum asked.
 
"Eung! Kaja!" yun mi smiled and she puts her arm around his which made gongchan's jealousy flared. 
 
Jonghyun's POV
 
We left yun mi there, dumbfounded. I don't think she's the Yun Mi from Mi sun. Our only goal is Yun Mi, the true daughter of Mi Sun.