Jump to the Sky

When a Starlight imagines..

When she reached home, she quickly changed clothes, grabbed her backpack filled with snacks and ran out of the house. 

She jumped over the fence of her backyard and kept running to the forest.

There were tears in her eyes but she swiped it away and replaced it with a smile before she hiked a small hill.

At the top, she looked into a cave and pouted when she saw it was empty.

Suddenly she noticed a huge shadow loomed above her.

She looked up and smiled at the boy who was about to land on the hill.

"You are late, Ravi", she said with crossed arms. "Don't tell me that you are in traffic jam because some birds are in the way".

"Hey it's true. I can't stop them from being jealous with my beautiful wings", Ravi replied as he slowly folded his wings.

She just rolled her eyes and laughed at the boy with wings.


She still remember when she first met him, the first time she had ever seen those beautiful white wings and the first time she ever had a friend that always understands her.

She was wandering around the forest because there's nothing to do at home especially when she was alone.

She was looking up the sky when she suddenly saw something huge flew by.

She rubbed her eyes and pinched herself because she could not believe that she just saw an angel or specifically a boy with white wings.

She ran after him and found that he had landed on a small hill.

She just wanted to watch him from afar as quiet as possible but he caught her when she did the most cliche' mistake ever made while spying : she stepped on a twig.

After  a few shouts of surprise from both startled parties. they faced an awkward introduction and after that, they just sat in an uncomfortable silence.

" Have you been crying?", he asked and to her, it was the first time anyone had asked her that question.


"Have you been crying?", Ravi asked while giving her a look of concern.
" No. I'm fine".
"No, you are not. Stop lying Park Nora. I think I know you well enough".
"It's just school stuff" , she sniffed, the tears threatened to fell again.
" The school that you said feels like hell. I told you the words they say are not true and you have to forget it".

But what if it's true that my parents don't want me and left me with my aunt? What if it's true that my grandmother died of a heart attack soon after she knew about me? What if it's true that I am really stupid and useless to anyone? What if it's true that I bring bad luck?"


Ravi sighed and unfurled his wings, only to knock her down with it.
She yelped in surprise but she quickly stood up.


"Why would you do that,Ravi?!!, she screamed at him, the tears were streaming down her face.
"Questions that started with 'what if' are not true unless you have the answers. If you don't know the real truth, then you can't make assumptions about it. Other people don't know the real you so why you have to believe them?". his tone was serious but there was something tender in his eyes.


"You don't know why your parents leave you, so fine! Maybe they can't take care of you for some good reasons. Maybe your grandmother died because it was her time, not because of you. If it's true you are stupid , then why you stand up back after I knock you down? You probably don't believe this but meeting you was the most luckiest thing that had ever happen to me. If you didn't find me that day, then I don't know how I can get through every day without seeing you, without listening about your normal life, without having someone to talk to about music and stuff."


Ravi sighed but suddenly an idea came to mind.


She was trying to take in what Ravi had said when suddenly a pair of strong arms encircled her waist and the next second, she could not feel the ground under her feet.
Then, her brain realised that she was flying high above the ground and soon above the trees.
She gripped Ravi's arm, hoping that Ravi's muscled arms do not drop her.
Ravi on the other hand was laughing at her reaction.


"Ravi, can we land now please?", she shouted over the wind. She trusted herself that she did not have the fear of heights but she felt she was so high up in the sky that she had to close her eyes.
Ravi laughed as he looked down at her, amused with her reaction.


" Why do you have to look down? Also, no. Not yet. Don't worry, I'll not drop you. We are going to jump to the sky."
She wanted to shout at him to stop but she could feel they were in an upright position and she could also hear the constant beating of Ravi's wings.
The winds became colder and yet the sun felt so warm on her skin.
Then, Ravi whispered into her ear.
" You can open your eyes now".


She slowly opened her eyes and gasped at the sea of white beneath her. She could not even see the forest below as the clouds as white as Ravi's wings stretched as far as she can see. It made her feel like she's in another world, far away from her problems and with a special friend who would always does his best to cheer her up.


They stayed up in the sky for a while and Ravi flew them back into the hill and slowly landed on solid ground.
Looking at the world from above made her look at the sky in a different new way.
She turned to face Ravi who was grinning widely at her.

" I'm guessing that you not strangling me as a sign that you like it". She just sweetly smiled before she punched Ravi at the shoulder.

" Ouch!! What was that for? I thought flying can make you stop crying and being moody".

" That's for not warning me before you grabbed me and flew like that. One more, why did you say' Jump to the sky'? It's ' fly to the sky ', Ravi".

" Maybe I want it to sound different. You know, more exciting? 'Jump to the sky and fly with me'. Now that gives me an idea to write a song".

" You always said that. When can I hear your song anyway, hmmm Ravi the songwriter?", she giggled but he did not reply. Instead, he just make funny faces at her and she quickly chased him. Then, they spent the rest of the their evening together, lying down on the grass and watched the clouds drifted by. It was the best day of her life.


It all started went wrong during a trekking activity. Someone thinked it was funny to push her down, only for her to actually fall down into an enormous pit. She tried to shout for help but no one came. To make matters worse, she sprained her ankle badly and she could not  climb her way out.

When it was becoming dark, her fear began to increase and she jumped at any sound she heard from the dark. She felt so helpless and terribly scared. She shouted, she cried, she yell but nothing happen.

Until she heard the sounds of flapping wings.

She looked up but she did not need to as Ravi swooped down into the pit and carried her in his arms and flew to the sky.

"You are late", he said simply.

" I'm sorry that someone was so jealous of me push me down into the pit. But thank you, Ravi. I really apppreciate it", she replied.

But before he could say anything, something crashed hard into them, causing them to fall. They landed on a clearing hard and she could hear something broken. She never felt so scared and relieved to know it was from her leg and not Ravi's wings.

Ravi was already upon his feet, his body posture was on alert as he faced down the thing or more importantly, a person who had landed gracefully in front of them.

" Leo hyung", the name slipped out of Ravi's mouth, his tone was sad and heartbroken. " What had they done to you?".

She scoot forward to see the Leo person but she wished she had not done that. She received a cold chilling glare from him, the dark wings behind his figure made him looked more menacing and dangerous.

" You had broke the rules. You had to return to face your punishment. As for the girl,.....", he stopped.

It happened so fast but in her mind time slowed as Leo swiftly grabbed her and flew so fast with speed that almost rip her skin off her face.

He flew until he reached a great height and he simply dropped her with a smile.

She could only remember screaming.


She was at a ward, her aunt had left for home after checking up on her. It was night time and the terrible freefall replayed everytime she looked at the night sky. She knew it was Ravi who saved her and sent her to the hospital. How he did it, she did not know but who else can do that beside him?

She could not sleep, her thoughts were full of Ravi and Leo but mostly Ravi. She did not know what had really happen but she knew that it was her fault that Ravi had to be punished wherever he is. It was because she was not sleeping that she found a weird-looking shadow at a corner.

After Ravi and Leo, she could not be any more surprised but she still watch with shock as the weird-looking shadow morped into a boy with tanned skin and frantic eyes. 

" Fuuuh, you are safe. I'm sorry about Leo but he's not like that before. He's a kind and caring person but they poisoned him. But enough of that. There's no time left before they poison me too.The letters in my hand are important and I want you to keep it. When a govenrment officer named Minhyuk come , just give him the letters and tell him that it's time. That's all and also Ravi ask me to tell you to not go into the forest and he said he's sorry that he can't be your angel anymore", he said before shadows enveloped him and he disappeared.

She obviously could not sleep after that.


She was at the hospital but this time she was visiting. 

She walked until she reached a room but she was afraid to face what was inside.

It had been a month since she last met Ravi. It had been a week since she had passed the letters to Minhyuk. It had been three days after the explosion in the forest. It had been an hour after Minhyuk told her everything.

Ravi was a part of an illegal experimental project. He and another boy, Leo had been spliced with some bird's DNA because the scientists there wanted to make people with wings. There were other projects too but only Ravi and Leo was allowed outside to test their wings with trackers in their bodies to avoid escape. Ravi flew during the day and was experimented on at night while Leo was vice versa. That could explain why Ravi always had to return before sunset.

One of them, N who had the ability to blend in the shadows had enough of the painful experiments and tried to get some outside help. While he escaped,  (with his absence was covered by an illusion created by Hongbin) he managed to find Minhyuk. Minhyuk had been investigating about the mad scientists group but failed to find evidence. The scientists on the other hand had tried to get rid of him off their tracks but he survived, thanks to his team confidentially called BTOB. His name had been heard a few times at their facility which was how N knew about him. They had met a few times and Minhyuk need a few more evidence to complete his case.

But one day,Ravi broke the rules set on him so they injected poison named HYDE into Leo, turning him into some sort of psychopath yet more suceptible to their orders to bring him back. Ravi managed to save her and sent her to a hospital before he got caught by Leo.

Then, the scientist started to use HYDE on other subjects so N quickly sneaked out with evidence and passed it to Nora, hoping that the scientists still did not know about Nora. He knew her from the stories Ravi secretly told him and he told Minhyuk about her so he could protect her if anything happens.

Minhyuk and his team had stormed the hidden facility and captured all of the scientists. They found an antidote that could reverse HYDE but it had a severe side effect on the vicitms of the experiment.

The antidote reversed anything that the scientists had done and knowing Ravi, he must be devastated to lost his wings. 

She took a deep breath and opened the door. Ravi was awake and he was staring blankly at the wall in front of him. The sight of his bloodshot eyes and disheveled hair just made him looked more miserable. She felt like punching him to get a response from him but she decided on something else.

She pushed him off the bed.

" Hey!", he snapped at her before climbing back on his bed.

" Good, at least you are not stupid. I thought the antidote had wiped your mind ",she tried to joke but she knew she failed.

" I lost my wings and I can't fly anymore", he groaned while lying down.

" But you are free and can get back together with your family".

" Yeah and my family lives at another city far away from this place", he scoffed. She did not expect that so she kept quiet.

But not for long.

" So we can meet online then. Oh, you must not have any Facebook, Twitter or Skype account right? I'm going to teach you to make an account and maybe someday I could visit you during the holidays when I have money. Oh, oh, since you are free, maybe you can start on writing the song you owe me. About your flying problem, you can go try learning to be a pilot or skydiver. I know it won't be the same but it's close", she stopped when Ravi pulled her down to sit on his bed.

"Those are wonderful plans you think of but today I want to be sad about my wings so please...", she waited for him to continue but he had fall asleep. She tried to move but she found it was impossible because he had gripped her hand hard. Besides, he had been so cheerful everytime they met so his sadness must have been bottled inside him for a long time. She smiled, knowing that this was her chance to repay his favour. She slowly laid down beside him and closed her eyes.

Yes, tomorrow they will plan for the future, hoping for the best and when life begins to get tough, she knows where to look. 

A/N Hi!! Sorry for the late update. So this one was inspired by Heaven. I tried to match it up to the song but I don' t know.

I guess I veer off course  a bit. Sorry if the ending felt rushed or dull.

I hope you guys like it.

smallbear99