Of Sun, Flowers and Cheesy Lines

When a Starlight imagines..

Fay and balls are not meant for each other.

That’s what she thinked. She had the phobia of balls since she accidently stepped on one and fall sideways and that had happened TWICE.

When her boyfriend, Hongbin invited her to play basketball with him, Fay wanted to decline his offer as nicely as possible. However, she couldn’t resisted his pouty yet cute pleading face and she found herself nodding with reluctance.

“ Ok , you just need to decide how much strength neededd to throw the ball and don’t forget to to aim. To put it simple, just throw it as you like it”, Hongbin explained. He was standing under the loop, ready to catch the ball.

Fay just wanted this to be over quickly so she threw it and quickly closed her eyes, just in case the ball bounced back to her face or something.

Good news : The ball didn’t bounced back.

Bad news : The ball hit Hongbin directly in the face.

He fall to the gorund with a groan and she panickedly rushed towards him, feeling so guilty.

The evening ended with Fay helping Hongbin to get home. He said he was fine but somehow he couldn’t stop blinking.


 

The next day, everyone in school was wondering why Hongbin wore a pair of sunglasses to school.

She did tried to get to him but they were in different class. During recess, she searched for him everywhere but to no avail.

It was after school when she finally saw him and he still has the sunglasses covering his eyes.

“ Hongbin, is it that bad? I’m sorry, Hongbin, I’m really sorry”.

“ It’s okay. You don’t need to worry”, he gave her a smile.

“ But why are you wearing those sunglasses?”

“ Do you really want to know? I’m afraid you will not like it”.

“ Just tell me. I’m the one who did this to you”.

“ Ok”, he sighed. “ It’s true that you are the one who did this to me. I wore these because “ , he leaned forward and whispered into her ear.

“ I’m blinded by the Sun called you”.

“ What in the world??!!” , she exclaimed, cringing after hearing the cheesy line.

She couldn’t stand it so she quickly grabbed his sunglasses. Her abrupt action revealed ... normal eyes without any injuries, bruises or damage to it.

“ I told you. It’s nothing serious”. He said with an amused smile.

“ Then..then why? Why do you wear the sunglasses?", she asked with a mixture of confusion and worry in her voice.

“ My mom was worried if the bright sunlight would suddenly hurt my eyes, thus the sunglasses. But I forgot that sunglasses are not allowed in school so the principal told me to hand it over during recess”.

She let out a sigh of relief and she looked at him again with an annoyed look.

“ Still, you don’t need to use that cheesy line on me. I thought you hate everything that’s cheesy, maybe except for food”.

Hongbin laughed before he pulled her  into a hug. The feeling of her head on his chest made her blush furiously and her breath quickens.

“ Too close”, a part of her thought. “ But on the other hand, it feels so nice”.

“ You looked so worried and guilty after that happened. It’s really not you to be tense for a long time. It’s funny to see your surprised face when you hear that cheesy line. But you’re right. That was officially the last time I will say something cheesy”, he let go of her and gave her a sheepish smile.

His smile was infectious and in a few moments, they shared a laugh which made the sunny day even brighter.


“Hmm, where is she?”, Hongbin muttered as he sat down in the Botanical Garden.

They had agreed to meet up there before going to the public library to study. He had bought a few snacks and quickly made his way to the garden, only to found it empty.

He decided to have a head start and took out a book.  He didn’t realised the shadow approaching  behind him.

SPPPLASSH!!

“ Aaah!”, Hongbin shouted out with a surprise when his shirt suddenly got wet. He turned around and found Fay laughing at him with a watering can in her hands.

“ Oops, sorry. I thought you are a flower”.*

“ Faaayy”, Hongbin pouted, adding more to her delight.

“That’s for yesterday. You are not the only one who can be cheesy”, she said with a wide grin.

Hongbin shook his head before an idea popped up in his head. He took off his shirt revealing his white singlet. He flapped his slightly wet shirt in order to dry it. At the same time, his singlet moved upwards and revealed his abs.


“ Nia, who are you waiting for?”, Hakyeon asked in front of the school entrance.

“ Oh, I’m waiting for Fay and Hongbin. We are going to the public library to study”, she quickly answered.

In her mind, she was panicking. She was standing beside her crush and she was beginning to think too much.

Does she look right?

Why he was still there?

 Why does he look so handsome?

Where in the world is her best friend and her boyfriend?

“ It sounds fun. Can I join? My grades are not too good during the last exams”, he asked, suprising her out of her frantic thoughts.

“ Sure, sure. I need to ask them first but I think they don’t mind if you want to tag along. They should be here...”

“ YAH, LEE HONGBIN!!! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?

Hongbin ran pass the staring duo, laughing non-stop with a blushing Fay hot on his heels.

“ Wait! What happened?” Nia shouted but they were too far away.

“ Ermm, I think it’s a couple thing. Don’t worry, they are heading towards the library. I can walk with you there, if you want to”, he offered with a smile.

She nodded her head and they both began to walk in silence. After a few minutes, he started a conversation and suprisingly, she managed to talk with him comfortably.

“ Whatever happens between you two, I just want to say thank you”, she thought, a small smile appeared on her lips.

A/N This was a request from a really close friend of mine and the 'flower' thing was from the VIXX School video.

Hongbin's part is really funny and I couldn't bear to see his abs. Huhuhu. I hope you all like it.