A Conflicted Heart

When a Starlight imagines..

A/N : This is going to be weird story but I have been out of comission ( after months of not being able to write a fanfic properly) so as usual bear with me.

 

“It hurts so much”, she groaned, the pain in her heart and head was increasing in a dangerous rate.

She stared at the picture of his beautiful face, his beautiful smile, his beautiful eyes. Everything about him was beautiful but she doubted his good looks could help her with her difficult problem.

The first time she met him, his eyes was so bright like the stars. The stars that became her guide to become better. However, there was a price. There was always a price to be paid. She could never erase him from her mind, no matter how hard she tried. Days without looking at his pleasant expression and  listening to his soothing voice were uncomfortable and it was then she realised she was lovesick.

Now, she was in her room, dark with only the laptop’s light illuminating her tired face. She knew she should stop but she could not. Why? She did not know the answer. The coldness of the room disturbed her finger’s movement but she could not stop. She never could.

She missed him but because of school, because of her future, she tried her best to keep him away but failed she could not stop and he never gave up. She did not have the heart to blame anyone, not school, not her future and not even him.

She attempted to distract herself with writing, hoping it could lighten her burden. Too bad it backfired when it turned into a burden itself , just like him. Everytime she held her pencil to write her heart out, her mind failed her.

This time, however she had time. At least that was what she believed. Time kept on moving without any care if you were following it or not. She was happy to have her words under her command again, to have impressive masterpiece of words graced her eyes, to have a happiness that was long gone or was it just buried?

On the other hand, deep in her heart, she knew, she just knew that in the darkness ( or was it light?), a insistent voice continued to whisper that it was wrong. It was wrong to enjoy herself now, it was wrong to sacrifice her future for her temporary present. It all started long ago but when he entered her life, the voice became more firm.

She was surrounded with friends who faced the same predicament as hers and some had chosen to follow their fantasy. They looked happy so she did the same. She imagined talking to him like he was hers and she was his. When she thought about it, she realised it was madness and useless.


She had dreams. It was so real, so vivid.

A girl who change everything for the one she loved only to lose another. A brother who wanted to be a fairy for his sister. A son who wanted his ordinary father to be a superhero. A boy who wished to be special for everyone. A human who wanted to help a monster. A girl with a living shadow. A man who has the most dangerous green eyes. A friend who wanted to help a boy with a broken heart. A teenager who cut his own happiness for his family’s wellbeing.

They were amazing but everytime she wanted to explore more, they disappeared like vague smoke, revealing a huge clock that was turning backwards. It was not a clock, it was a timer.

“ You are wasting your time”, the voice whispered. “ You are wasting  precious time. Is it worth it?”


She glanced at her laptop’s clock, relieved it was not a timer of her nightmares. She gasped when she realised time had flew faster than she had anticipated.

BOOM!

BOOM!

BOOM!

“Open the door! I know you are in there!”, an ominous voice, not the one who was nagging about time. It was a different. It was hard, stone cold hard.

She hoped that the door could hold against one of her fears but as usual she was wrong.

The door was ripped off its hinges.

She closed her eyes, believing she was having a nightmare that would go away if she woke up.

She opened her eyes and it was there.

Her fear.

“ You promise to meet me everyday. You promise to solve all of my problems but you lied. You are always running away with your useless dreams but now you can not escape from me”, her fear rasped with a terrible rage underneath its smouldering gaze.

“ No,no,no,no”, her heart clenched, her body was shaking, her wide eyes were b with tears.

“What is my maximum length if my initial length is 22 cm and I am a semicircle with half a radius?”.

“NO!”

“ What is the equation of the locus between A and B?”

“ NO!”

“What is the value of x when ndkngknd?”

“ NO!”, she screamed.


 

“Wake up!”, another voice, this time it was soft and it was layered with goodness.

Her eyes snapped open and there he was, smiling at her with amusement.

She had been sleeping, her head was on the table.

He sat down in front of her, his smile never leaving his lips.

“Yah! Who sleeps in a a cafe, really?”, he asked with a joking tone.

She did not respond.

“ Do you have a nightmare again?”, this time he asked with real concern. “ Is it about Add Maths?”

She could only just nod.

He sighed, trying to think of something to say. Meanwhile, she was also thinking, more like hearing again the voice inside  her.

 “ This is not real. You need to leave. You need to let him go. You have to, for your future”.

She stood up abruptly, shakng him out from his own thoughts.

“ I can’t do this anymore. I can’t. I love you but I can’t. I’m afraid, I’m so afraid. You are so perfect and I am not. I do not know what I will do to myself if I continue on. I am so sorry, so sorry”,

She ran away with tears in her eyes but the voice, the voice that was always there kept on urging her to run away and never stopped to tell her that she was doing the right thing.

She left her dreams, she left her fantasy and she left him.

What would happen next?


 

He could only watch her disappear into the crowd with the faith that she still love him deep inside her conflicted heart. His phone started ringing and he answered the call with annoyance.

“ I lose her again. For some reason, she run away again. Don’t tell me that. I know. I know it is my job, our job. Yes,I still have her under my influence. It’s just, do we have to do it? Of course, of course, I am silly to think that way. You say we have two more tries right? Okay, I will meet you back there”.

He ended the call but he felt hesitant to return insantly. Maybe it was the good coffee of the cafe. He sighed, knowing she would be in pain with or without him. He knew she would come back to him sooner or later but for once he hoped she would have the strength to stay away from him. For her own sake.

 

A/N : Hi sorry to bother you again. I want to apologise for the long hiatus and also for this vague story, unless you understand what I am writing here. I actually was focusing on a certain VIXX’s member but the description must have been too general so I left it up to you to choose any suitable member as the male character.

Anyway, I am sorry to disappoint but this could be my last story and I am afraid it can’t match up like the other one-shots I had written. I am busy with school and with a very important, like life-important exam coming up at the end of the year and I really need to give my 100% focus on my studies. I will not be updating for a long period of time.

I will like to thank everyone who had read and comment on this one-shot collection, especially for those who had been waiting for a long time for an update. I have lots of ideas but I do not have time to write them now. However, that does not mean I will not update this after the exams so please forgive me and I hope I can write better stories again in the future.

P.S I'm scared of Add Maths.

smallbear99