A Night Out With Hyuk ( Part 2 )

When a Starlight imagines..

A/N : Guys, please bear with this author note. I will be going back for school and I need to prepare for my really important exams

on October. The exam will take place for about a month so this will probably my last update.

But don't worry. This is not the 'N' ! ( You know what I mean )

I will return on November when there will be time for me to update, hopefully.

Thank you for those who had been giving love to these one-shots. I feel very happy and I'm so grateful for the comments.

 

Ok, about this story, I wrote this because my dad told me some horror stories and I was impressed by how he tells it.

Also, I can't wait for Hyukkie's movie!!

This is my first take on writing mystery so I'm sorry if there's any confusion about the plot. You can ask me in the comments and I will try to find time to answer any questions.

Just one thing. Who thinks Hyuk is The Carver?

Read on and find out.

P.S Hint : ( Spot the difference )

 


Jungkook yawned after a full day of work. He looked at the mirror and could really saw how tired he was. But it's worth it. It's worth it when he and his team managed to capture The Carver. That insane man's identity was quite unexpected. A plactic surgery specialist that worked to make people look better but spent the night by mauling their faces. Jungkook thought he seen a lot from his experiences as a policeman but the revelation did shocked him and made him sick.

He exited the police station and tried to think of his plans on his upcoming day off. He had discussed with his hyungs and they all agreed to meet at the amusement park. Then, he received a text message.

" Meet me in the park". ( H. Sanghyuk )


" So, why did you call me here?", asked Jungkook.

" Did you catch him?"

" Yes. Thanks to you. We will never have enough evidence to catch that monster if you didn't passed the information. How on earth do you know that the..the last victim scratched him in the face? Also the part when he cut her fingernails and kept it in his office?"

Hyuk flashed a mysterious smile. 

" Serial killers like to keep trophies. If you look closely, all of the victims had the their fingernails cut and there are no other body parts missing. People wouldn't noticed the short fingernails. That guy also was so full of himself and overconfident that he would probably kept his trophies in his office. Moreover, he spent more time at the hospital than at home so the reasonable place to keep it would be his office."

Jungkook's mouth was wide open during the explantion but he quickly composed himself.

" Wow. Seriously, short fingernails? How could you noticed that? Anyway, it seems that you are coming back to this detective business, aren't you?"

" No. I promised N hyung that this will be my last time. I did it because ...", he paused before he took a deep breath and released it.

" I did it for Jaerin noona".

Jungkook nodded solemnly. He understood. They both lost the same person.

" Ok, if that's it, I'll be going. Thank you for your help".


On his way home, Jungkook replayed the memories he had almost forgotten. Jaerin, Hyuk and him used to be really close during their university years. Jaerin was studying anatomy while Hyuk and him took performing arts.

They all got together because of Hyuk and his strange ways.

He remembered the times where Hyuk begged Jaerin to let him enter the morgue ( at those days, all bodies including murder victims were sent to the university ) and sometimes Hyuk even brought along Jungkook to act as a distraction or a decoy.

Jungkook tried to remember more but he could only remember a few things.

Hyuk had always acted like a detective whenever there's a murder in town and he sent valuable information to the police. Jungkook enjoyed the detective-like adventures with Hyuk and Jaerin but there's one day when his father forced him to join the police academy. He rebelled at first and almost caused a huge trouble if not for the only 6 friends he had made there. They were really close now and Jungkook was happy that this friendship was long-lasting.

Still, he felt guilty when he forgot his old friends. He met Jaerin noona again when she became an official coroner. She told him that Hyuk had quit being a detective because of an accident during an investigation which involved a very close friend of his. She gave him Hyuk's phone number and she must had given Hyuk his phone number.

There were times she would ask for a reunion but their work always got in the way.

Then Jaerin got murdered when she went on a date with that monster.

He shook his head and quickly entered his house.

If only he could talk to the dead, he wanted to say goodbye to her. At the very least, he wanted to say two words : I'm sorry.


Hyuk walked back into his car, feeling really cold. The meeting with Jungkook seemed to take quite a toll on him more than he expected.

A icy-cold hand patted his back.

He looked at the passenger seat and saw Jaerin noona looking at him with concern.

He knew she would say it will be okay but ...

If he could, he would like to murder that plastic doctor himself and set a curse on his rotten soul.

He sighed before he muttered a chant. It's been too long since he had last used necromancer spells.

He watched as the horribly-scarred mouth suddenly transformed into a normal mouth, her pale skin began to fill with colour and her dead eyes became bright again.

She looked like she's alive but he knew better. The spell could only work temporarily and he's running out of time.

" Hyuk-ah. I want to say thank you for catching the murderer and  brought me to see Jungkook. I'm sorry for freaking out the night before and also for scaring your friend".

" It's ok.", he said with a smile that didn't reached his usually bright eyes.

" You know, dead people always find me. At first, I actually thought it was funny that I even laughed the first ghost I had ever seen. Then, I tried to help them by bringing peace for their souls but I always got the murdered ones. N hyung is like me too but he was a scaredy cat so he usually hang out with old people's ghost because they are less scary. We stuck together and did our business as usual, like those Supernatural guys except for the killing of course."

Jaerin let out a small laugh and that made him smile. He began to feel better when he shared his well-kept secret with a friend even though she was a ghost.

" That's why you always wanted to enter the university's morgue. I thought you and Jungkook are messing around with me".

" We did enjoy messing around with you, noona". He smiled again, this time it was wider. He continued on with his story.

" Then, one day. A case went wrong. There's this murder victim, he couldn't accept the fact he was dead and he tried to attack me. At that time, N hyung was there and he tried to save me. His heart was not prepared to see the real form of the ghost but he still managed to use a spell to banish that ghost. He had a heart attack after that. He recovered but he had became too afraid to see ghosts so he locked himself in his room. He got better throughout the years but I had promised to not use my gift anymore because I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me".

Jaerin suddenly pulled him into a sisterly hug. She still felt cold but the thought of it made him warm inside.

"One day, I was surprised when I saw you. Honestly, you looked so scary and then I feel sad to find out that you are dead. The other victims of the Carver seemed relented to pass over but you demanded me to catch him".

She gasped.

" It's normal for murdered souls to act violently and wanted revenge. They are dangerous but nothing I couldn't handle. I just need to make a spell to make you forget about it so you can calm down. I looked at your memories, yes, I can read dead people's mind and found out that the night when you were murdered was quite blurry."

" I decided to take you on a date, hoping that you can find  your peace after doing something that you always wanted to do because your first date didn't ended well "

" But my spell was not strong enough and something triggered you to become violent. I guess I will never get inside the restaurant after what had happened.I decided to go home and tried to get the spellbook so I can find a spell that can make you renact that night. I actually don't want to but I was desperate. I talked to N hyung first and suddenly, you know what happened. We sort of renacted the murder scene and from there I found out about you scratching the murderer's face".

" I'm sorry for the trouble I caused", Jaerin finally spoke after a few minutes of silence.

" It's ok. Anything for you noona", Hyuk replied. Suddenly, he sensed that his spell was wearing off. He looked at Jaerin and was relieved to see that she didn't turned back to the form when she died.

But a heavy feeling brought down his heart. He knew it was time.

" Bye, Jaerin noona".

" Bye, Hyukkie. Thank you for everything. I hope you will get a real romantic date soon." she said with a wink before fading.


" Hyukkie!! Buy me some banana milk", N shouted from upstairs. 

" Aissh, this hyung. His love for banana milk will never change", Hyuk thought.

" Hyuk, don't make me come down there. My hand are itching to give you a neck slice."

" Oh,yeah? I dare you!!"

When he heard footsteps coming from the stairs, Hyuk knew he needed to run. An angry Cha Hakyeon was scarier than any ghosts.

That and he knew caught his hyung had been doing handstands in his room which means that his neck slice would be powerful.


He was paying for the banana milk when a woman in front of him seemed to not have enough money to pay for her food.

" Here I wil pay for her.", Hyuk put the banana milk on the counter.

" Thank you. What's your name?"

" Han Sanghyuk. What's yours?

"Kim Namjoo", she introduced herself with a blushing face which was kind of cute.

" You want to go out with me sometimes?", he bravely asked.

" If that means I can pay you back, then yes".

" Can you lovebirds hurry up?", snapped the cashier.

Hyuk and Namjoo quickly left the store and before they parted ways, he managed to touch her hand when they exchanged their phone number.

He was relieved that she's warm and alive.

 I hope you will get a real romantic date soon.

"Yes, Jaerin noona. I will get one", he thought.