A Shoulder to Sleep On

When a Starlight imagines..

 

She felt so disatisfied with her bus ticket, which she had bought last minute.

Before that, she was humming her favourite her song as she happily boarded the bus that will take her back to her hometown for the holidays.

Then, she found out that there was someone else had taken a seat beside hers. It’s a guy who was listening to music in his Ipod. His seemingly well-kept brown hair and clean face made him looked attractive, at least to her. That and he had the confident aura around him like an idol. But idol or not, she still prefer to sit alone.

However, there’s no other seat left in the jam-packed bus so she silently took her seat.

But to her misfortune, he noticed her and unplugged his earphones. He gave her a friendly smile and scoot closer to the window to give her space.

“ Hi, I’m Cha Hakyeon. I’m sorry if I take a lot of space. I hope I will not be a bother to you”.

He waited for her response but she didn’t say anything.

Here’s her problem : she had the fear of talking to guys especially good-looking ones.

She looked away, leaving him to wonder what he did wrong.


The bus began to move. He had prepared a downloaded movie for him to watch to pass the time. Meanwhile, she took out her laptop and began to type something.

When the movie ended, he glanced at the quiet girl and saw her occasionally rubbed her hands together between her typing.

He carefully stood up  and adjusted the sir-conditioner above her. She looked at him and in return he gave her another smile.

“ Thank you” , she said softly before looking away.

After a few minutes, she put her laptop back in her backpack and searched for something in it. Then, she turned towards him and slowly she handed him a packet of biscuits which he accepted with a smile.

“ Thank you”, he told her. He opened it and broke the biscuits into pieces. He gave her a few and this time she took it with a smile.


 

The long journey made her sleepy so she tilted her head on the headrest and closed her eyes.

She had a lot of experience sleeping like that so she didn’t noticed that the passenger beside her gently moved her head to rest on his shoulder.

The bus suddenly hit a bump on a road and that was enough to rouse her up but still half awake. She was surprised to see his handsome face up close.

She tried to move away but unexpectedly, his hands stopped her movement.

“ You will hurt your neck if you sleep like that. Don’t worry. Just continue sleeping. I will be fine”.

When she woke up again, she found herself alone. She looked around but there was no sight of him on the bus.

“ That must be a dream”, she told herself. During her teenage years, she had always fantasied herself sleeping on a handsome guy’s shoulder, just like in the dramas.

Then, she noticed the neck pillow around her neck. There was also a small bottle of banana milk with a note at the seat beside hers.

“ Sorry for leaving you without saying goodbye. I don’t want to disturb you from your sleep. ( You look so cute when you sleep!) I hope my neck pillow will help you waking up without a stiff neck. You can keep it and please do enjoy the banana milk”.                                                

                                                                                                                                        Cha Hakyeon ( N )


 

A few years later ............

“ Waah, hyung! We got a lot of gifts from Starlights!” exclaimed Hyuk as he went through the gifts.

N kept quiet as he read a certain note.

“ Thank you and sorry for being so quiet on the bus. I actually appreciate everything you had done for me at that time. I know there's the possibility of you not remembering me and this is late but I hope you like my gift, Hakyeon or should I say VIXX’s leader N.”

                                                                                                                                   The Quiet Girl on the Bus

He opened the box and laughed. Inside the box was a neck pillow decorated with cartoon giraffes.     


AN : This one was inspired when I was sleepy during a speech and at the same time, my neck was hurting from sleeping wrongly. Anyway I wrote some of it on a bus and yes, I did imagined sleeping on someone's shoulder.