Cuddle Day

When a Starlight imagines..

This was it. This was the moment she had been waiting for. The moment her fate would change for the better or worse. She was at the edge of her seat, holding her breath and pushed ‘ENTER’.

A ‘ding’ informed her that her email had successfully been sent.

“Yes!” she whooped and punched the air triumphantly. She did it. Her obstacle had been overcome and now she could spend time with her boyfriend.

A loud snore interrupted her glorious moment and she peeked over her laptop to see a sleeping Jaehwan.

She glanced at the clock and was surprised it was 3 in the morning. Time flew really fast for her as she was too focused on finishing the impromptu assignment from her boss.

A disappointed sigh escaped her lips. She did it again. She ran her fingers through her hair and massaged her temples. It comforted her slight headache but it didn’t lessen the guilt in her gut.

They were supposed to have their long-awaited date night but one of her colleagues got into a n accident and the boss needed someone to finish it ASAP or there would some losses from everyone’s paycheck for their lack of cooperation.

When she told Jaehwan, she expected him to be disappointed and complained about it but the opposite happened. He smiled and said it was okay to cancel their plans though he appointed himself as her coffee maker.

“As long I’m with you, it will be considered a date,” he winked at her when he said that.

Now, he was sleeping like a log, with an empty kettle beside his head. She tried to wake him up but she failed. Knowing she couldn’t lift him to the sofa, she grabbed a pillow and a blanket to make sure he didn’t wake up cold or with a sore neck.

She cleaned up her place a bit and then she let herself to go to dreamland. Her last thought was how could she make up to Jaehwan when this was the third time this kind of thing happened.

 

 

The next morning, she woke up to the smell of freshly-brewed coffee. She went to the kitchen and sure enough, Jaehwan was brewing his own coffee while singing a catchy song.

He turned around and he literally beaned at her like the sun escaping the clouds.

“Good morning, my precious baby. Do I disturb your sleep with my singing?”, he put down two mugs on the table, the couple mugs he bought for their one-year anniversary.

She shook her head and poured herself a cup of coffee. She poured another for Jaewhan who was preparing toast.

He sat down after serving their breakfast toast but not before he kissed her on the forehead.

This was only morning yet she could die from all of his cuteness.

Jaehwan was talking about his upcoming plans when she yawned. She tried to cover it up but Jaehwan noticed. He frowned and leaned forward, his face was too close to hers.

She gulped but said nothing as she tried to survive Jaehwan’s serious stare. Finally, he settled down on his seat and let out a sigh. Quietly, she stood up, not wanting to disturb Jaehwan who was thinking deeply about something.

In her head, she had listed down what she had to do today. Laundry, cleaning up the house, grocery shopping and maybe she could finally go out on a date with Jaehwan. A dinner sounded nice and she would treat him to make up for yesterday and the other two days she missed their dates.

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms encircled her and lifted her towards the sofa. She screeched with shock and only calmed down when Jaewhan put her down gently but not letting her go from his embrace.

“Jaehwan,...” she wanted to protest but Jaehwan shut her up with a kiss that left her speechless.

“Today, as a replacement for our date night  yesterday, I decide to declare this day as our Cuddle Day. Today, you and I are going to sit on this sofa and cuddle with each other and do nothing in particular.

“Ehh, but I need to do laundry and my food is running out and ....”

“Nope, you are not going anywhere. You can do your laundry tomorrow and the weather forecast predict tomorrow will be sunny. I am thinking about ordering some takeout for lunch and dinner so you can go grocery shopping tomorrow. I have some coupons from Hakyeon hyung that we can use only for tomorrow. Today, I want to do nothing except for spending time with you.”

She stared at him as she couldn’t believe her ears. Jaehwan continued talking, knowing that she still caught on his idea.

“You have been working hard for this past month. I know you are a hardworking person and I love you for that but you need some rest, okay? You have been getting these eyebags and I’m worried about you. Today, just cuddle with me and sleep or relax or whatever. No work for you today,” he firmly said.

“Thank you, Jaewhan. I’m sorry my work had been intefering with our relationship. I will rest, okay. Don’t worry about me.”

Jaehwan waited for her to say more but only the sound of light snore reached his ears. He looked down and discovered she was soundly asleep.

He moved their position so they could be more comfortable and before he shut his eyes, he her hair and kissed her forehead.

“Sleep well, my precious baby.”


Well, first of all, this one is for lvett15 who had requested this last month. I'm sorry this is late, short and done in a rush. 

Thank you, lvett15 for your support and your comments made my day.

This didn't mean I didn't appreciate other who had been supporting me all this while,

the readers, the subscribers and the commenters.

Next week, I will begin my life as a college student and regrettably that means that I could not 

update this regularly. Maybe if I have the time, I will write one final  chapter for this imagine and later

post some new content later on. 

This is all from me. Thank you so much for everyone's support for this one-shot collection.

If there's anything I can improve, leave a comment below or PM me if you just want to talk.

Have a good day/night.

smallbear99