Trapped in A Beautiful Lie

When a Starlight imagines..

A/N : I know this is late but ' Beautiful Liar ' was just plain awesome and I really like the MV. I wrote this on paper and my friends encouraged me to post it.

I wrote this, thinking about the girl's point of view in the MV. It's not really 100% based on the MV because I added a few things of my own ideas.

I hope you enjoy reading this chapter.

P.S Try to find a song title in here.


I see myself in the mirror and I ask myself

Will it really make you happy if I let you go?                                               Ravi – Beautiful Liar


 

She looked at the mirror, trying to assure herself that she was happy.

That she had made the right choice.

Tonight’s the night before the wedding and she glanced at the wedding dress that had been prepared for the special occasion.

She should be happy. She was going to marry a man who really loved her, who would take care of her as best as he could. He’s kind and sweet and was very determined to protect her with his life.

Still, there’s something wrong. But what was it?

She walked around the fully-furnished room and tidied her things up, just to distract her uneasy mind.

She was hanging her jacket in the cupboard when she suddenly heard a jingling sound coming from one of its pockets.

She put her hand into it and to her surprise, the thing she had pulled out was a set of keys with a ‘ L ‘ keychain attached to it.

She gasped as she stared at it with a horrified expression, the painful memories she had tried to bury were threatening to return.

“ No, no no! It shouldn’t be here. It was supposed to be with him”.

Then, she remembered.


 

It was a rainy night. She was standing outside the door, shivering. The door opened, revealing a young and tall man with broad shoulders looking at her with a blank expression which was amplified by his messy jet black hair.

“ You dropped your keys at the cemetery”, she weakly spoke, the coldness of the rain was getting to her. She handed the keys and he silently took it.

“ Thank you “, he softly replied. She was about to make her leave but she realised something.

“ How did you get in? “

“ I have a spare “.

“ Oh”.

The pouring rain filled the silence between them.

Suddenly he grabbed her wrist and pulled her inside. She yelped in panic and was about to struggle when he said :

“ It’s too dangerous for you to return home now”.

Soon, she found herself sitting on his sofa with dried clothes ( his clothes ) and a cup of hot chocolate in her hands.

She was so tired that she didn’t realised that she had fallen asleep. Nightmares plauged her dreams, replaying the horrible memories from the past few days.

The moment she received the call that her mother was involved in a bus accident.

The moment she reached the hospital too late to see a white cloth had been draped above her mother’s body.

The moment her father began drinking to drown his sorrow and grief, only to unleash his drunken rage on her.

The moment the casket was lowered down to the grave, separating her and her mother forever.

She woke up crying and couldn’t sleep after that. She then realised a pair of strong arms circling her curled up figure.

She panicked for a few seconds but then relaxed when she remembered the person hugging her was Leo, her ex schoolmate who kindly let her spent the night in his house.

He was also there at the cemetary but his grief was for a different person. His best friend , Ravi had died in the same accident as her mother’s. She briefly saw Leo leaving quickly, not noticing the dropped keys.

Leo immediately released her when he knew she had woken up. It came to their realisation that they both shared the same grief and the same need to cry. Who else was there who could understand their misery than themselves?

They cried together and there it started, a relationship that ended as quickly as it started.


She shook her head , trying to forget the haunting memories.

Still, she couldn’t stopped thinking about the two sets of keys that he gave her , one for her use and one as a spare. He offered her a place to stay whenever she needed to escape from her abusive father.

“ Stop!”, she screamed to herself. She didn’t wanted to remember anything about him again. She chucked away the keys and quickly went to bed.

She woke up groggily, trying to erase the nightmare that managed to reach into her dream.

She dreamt that she was trapped under a table with a crazy guy on it. She tried to escape but the crazy guy wouldn’t let her leave. She caught a few glimpse of a whitish blonde hair, a pair of bloodshot eyes and tattoos on his arms.

She looked around the room and spotted Leo hugging his knees and crying alone in a corner. She started to crawl towards him but the crazy guy slammed the table above her. She jumped and looked up.

She gasped.

His face ( if he didn’t looked like he was going to kill someone ) was familiar. Then, a long-lost memory surfaced in her mind.

“ Ravi?”

He ignored her whisper, instead he tried to grab her. She quickly ran out from under the table to get away from the crazy Ravi look-alike.

“ Don’t you dare leave. You must stay by his side. Don’t fall for his lies”, he growled from behind her. It prompted her to run farther away and then she woke up.


 

As she was preparing for her wedding, she found herself thinking on how she got into this situation. Her grandmother took her in after finding out about  her father’s situation. However, to completely free her from her father without any hassle, it required her to marry someone and her grandmother had picked someone she thinked was suitable for her.

He’s the heir of a successful company. She had met him and luckily, he’s a nice and kind guy. Unfortunately, he was head over heels over her and she really didn’t wanted to break his heart.

She couldn’t find the courage to tell Leo at first but in the end, she  told him.

She waited for his response, expecting him to be angry. He just stared at her and spoke :

“ If that so, then you don’t need to stay here with me. It’s ok. You can leave me. Don’t hesitate anymore”.

She was shocked beyond belief. In desperation, she grabbed his face and looked at him straight in the eyes, pleading him to take back those unbelievable words.

She didn’t wanted to believe that their love was that easy to be thrown away.

He looked away from her gaze and let go of her hands with a stoic expression.

“ Congratulations”, he muttered, putting away the wedding invitation.


 

“Congratulations!” , her friends cheered around her.

She smiled with her husband beside her. They had just finished the ceremony and went around the beach to greet the guests. ( It’s a beach wedding )

Then, she found him, standing alone in his black tuxedo.

“ Do you know him?”, her husband asked after noticing her staring at the lone guest.

“ He’s my ex schoolmate”.

“ Then, let’s say hi to him”, he suggested with a smile, unaware about their past.


The beach was almost empty except for a few guests. She spotted Leo near the piano which was used as a part of a musical performance earlier.

“ Here, I forgot to return the spare keys”, she said, trying to hide the emotions in her voice.

He silently took the keys. This time, the breeze of the cold night filled the silence between them. She waited for him to say something but he just sat on a chair and played a sad tune on the piano, turning his back on her.

She left, thinking that there was no love between them anymore.

If she waited for a little longer, she would hear him asking her to promise him to have a better life.

If she had waited, she could hear the sad tune turned into a full ballad, filled with nothing but his true emotions and his unspoken words to say to her.

He’s not alone though. A figure was standing in front of the piano, watching his heartbroken friend with eyes filled with a mixture of anger and sympathy.

He had tried. He had tried to convince the girl to see through Leo’s beautiful lie.

The lie that caused Leo misery, a misery so deep, even if he choked his friend, he wouldn’t have noticed.

Ravi sighed and faded into the darkness.

A/N : I'm sorry if I use the ghost idea too much