Never Forgets

SuRene Drabble

Never forget 

Joohyun is alone in their shared apartment sitting on the couch, her phone is on the coffee table. It's fifteen minutes till midnight. And tomorrow is her birthday. And yes she's alone on her birthday because Junmyeon went for a business trip 4days ago. And Joohyun is sulking because she is alone and maybe Junmyeon forgets her birthday. 

Maybe ...

"Junmyeon is away on my birthday, this ! Hmmm, he's been really busy this past weeks." Joohyun sigh. "That jerk! He don't even wish me an advance birthday before he boarded the plane. Bet he don't even remember." She sigh again. "Never mind Joohyun, it's just your birthday nothing special'" she tried to calm down and console her bitter heart but, 
"Erghh this !" 

BEEP

❤️💛💙💚💜 group chat


Wendy:  Happy Birthday unnie !!!!
Seulgi:  Happy Birthday Joohyun unnie ! Have a wonderful birthday with oppa okay ? Hihi
Ddoyoung: Happy Birthday uri Baechu !!!!! 
Joohyun: yahhh !
Ddoyoung:  kidding ! Happy birthday unnie! I hope Junmyeon oppa give you a lot of kisses because you need one you grumpy grandma ! 
Wendy: haha, Sooyoung that's not nice !
Joohyun: yah you brat !
Yerim: happy birthday mom !
Joohyun: Yahhhhh ! 
Yerim: oppsss I'm sorry I thought I was sending it to my mom, its her birthday also ! Happy Birthday unnie! Unnie jjang saranghae !
Joohyun: don't you lie to me Kim Yerim ! Your mothers birthday was like a month ago and Junmyeon told me already! And I'm not forgetting your moms birthday!
Yerim: opsss got caught. Yeokshi my future sister-in-law ! Love you unnie !
Seulgi: HAHAHAHAHAHA 
Joohyun: yahhh what sister-in-law! We are not engage you brat! haih I can't with you guys !
Ddoyoung: i know we're cute!
Yerim: YET !!!!
Joohyun: yeah you are. Thanks guys! I love you too. Wanna hangout tomorrow? Unnie's treat ? 
Wendy:  Ermmmm I can't. Sorry unnie. Where's Junmyeon oppa ? 
Joohyun:  Ohh nvm Wendy-yah. Ermmm his away. Business trip. You know him. Haha. No probs.
Seulgi:  I'm sorry unnie. I can't make it too. 
Ddoyoung:  ahhh jinja! That grandpa! I'm gonna kick his for leaving our pretty unnie all alone on her birthday! 
Joohyun:  I know you can't make it too Sooyoung-ah. It's okay. Its work I understand him.
Ddoyoung:  Sorry unnie. 
Yerim: Yeah i will also kick my oppa ! Hihi I'm sorry Joohyun unnie. I also can't. There's this thing tomorrow with my future sister-in-law. I'm sorry. 
Joohyun:  Ahh its okay Yerim-ie ! Send my regards to Bomi and Jongdae okay? 
Haish you babies, thank you. And don't worry about unnie. Its just one birthday. Good night ya'll ! 

Joohyun sigh again. Her babies also can't be with her on her birthday. "Maybe I just need to go to work and go home and sleep. Then it get better and by that Junmyeon will be home and I get a warm hug." Joohyun said and she left the living room to the bedroom to sleep. 

                           ❤️💛💙💚💜

The next morning, Joohyun just continues her routine like always. Go to work, lunch with her colleagues and finally go back home. Today she  feels extra down. Even her colleagues wish her a happy birthday, but its not the one she wants to hear from. She still can't believe that her boyfriend don't remember her birthday, okay she will get over that but he doesn't even called since 2days ago. She was a bit tad disappointed. He just wants to go home take a warm bath and drown herself to sleep so that her birthday will just pass. 

Once she get down from the bus, she have to walk to their share apartment. She sigh again, "I sighed too much today! I should cheer up!" Joohyun said then she sigh again. "Ahh, forget it." She walked towards their apartment before she entered her apartment complex there's a boy giving her a balloon but she refuses but he insisted, she just smiled and said thank you.

She smile in the lift alone while watching the balloon, "At least its not a bad day after all." 

DING.... 1st Floor

There's Kim Yerim outside the elevator on the first floor with a similar balloon in her hand, Joohyun eyes widened "Yah Kim Yerim what are you doing here?" 

Yerim just smile and past the balloon to her and kiss her cheek, "I love you unnie and happy birthday." And then the lift close. Joohyun was dumbfounded. "What the hell was that?" 

DING.... 2nd Floor

The elevator door open and there's Park Sooyoung with a similar ballon in her hand and Joohyun got more confuse, "Yah, you better.." Before she could finish, Sooyoung pass her the balloon and kiss her cheek, "Happy Birthday grandma." Then the door closed. Joohyun was still dumbfounded, "That brat!" She tsk. 

DING.... 3rd Floor

"Don't tell me....' Yup Joohyun you're right. There's Wendy with a similar balloon in her hand looking as bright as ever. She give her the balloon and kiss her cheek. "Happy Birthday unnie. Your happiness awaits." Then the door closed. Still feeling dumbfounded by Wendy remarks.

DING.... 4th Floor

"You guess it right unnie. It's me!" Seulgi cheered and kiss her cheek and gave her the balloon. Joohyun was too dumbfounded to asked questions.

DING.... 5th Floor

"Ait? There's more?" The door opens and it was Sehun, Seulgi's boyfriend and Junmyeon's close dongsaeng, they were all close and knew each other. He was holding a rose. He gave it to her and said "Happy Birhday noona. Be happy alright?" Joohyun just dumbly nod. And the elevator close.

6th Floor it was Jongin 
7th Floor it was Kyungsoo
8th Floor it was Chanyeol 
9th Floor it was Jongdae 
10th floor it was Baekhyun

The time its was 10th floor she was already crying. She realises that who was behind this events. 

DING.... 11th Floor

It was Yixing, smiling. He also has a rose in his hand. He gave it to her and briefly hug her. "Don't cry Joohyun you know he will never forgets your birthday right?" She just nods and snifs still crying.

DING.... 12th Floor

It was her floor. He was expecting Junmyeon to greet her but it was not him. It was Minseok. "Disappointed are you to see oppa?" Minseok . Joohyun went out the elevator and shook his head. "Its not that oppa." She said. Minseok her to her apartment, "Is that all oppa?" Minseok shook his head and give her the last rose and he said "Go in, he's waiting." Joohyun eyes widen. "He's here?" She questioned. "Junmyeon is really here?" He ask again. Minseok just chuckled at her obliviousness. "Don't you already figure it out when you receive all this?" He asked. Joohyun shook her head. "No, I thought he make you all do this while he's away." Minseok just chuckled. "Go on." Minseok ushered. Joohyun nod.

She take a deep breath and enter their dark apartment, she take of her shoes. When she looked up there she saw, his boyfriend that supposedly went away for a business trip and supposedly doesn't comeback for 4days more stood there in the living room with a cake on his hand and the lit up candles that shine his face even more. She drop the roses and the balloons fly up the ceiling. She clasp her hand on to prevent her from sobbing because he misses him so much and the thought of him don't remembered her birthday make her feel a little guilty. 

She walk slowly to him, "Make a wish love." He said in a whisper. Joohyun clasp her hand and close her eyes and make a wish and blow the candles. The living room light up and Junmyeon put the cake on the coffee table. When he gets up to turn to Joohyun, Joohyun already tackle him with a hug! Squishing him! Junmyeon just chuckled. 

"How are you love?" Junmyeon ask breaking the hug and look at her. Her yes was glistening, the leftovers tears lingering there. She hit Junmyeon chest hard. "I thought you don't remember you jerk!" She shouted at him and then pout. He just chuckled and kiss her forehead. "Happy Birthday baby." He kissed her forehead once more. He took out something from his pocket and he kneeled down in front of her, and she was shock once more and clasp both her hands on , her eyes started to water and tears are falling and she knows what this is. Junmyeon flash the ring to her, and  "Bae Joohyun, I loved you once, I love you still, I always have, And I will always will. Would you be honoured to becoming my wife? Will you marry me?

Tears falls so so much and she was so touched. She was sobbing and she nod. "Yes Junmyeon yes. Of course I will." Junmyeon smiled and  wear the ring to her finger. And he kissed her for a long time. And after they breakaway he shouted, "SHE SAID YES!" Then, theres cheers everywhere from their apartment, their friends come out from hiding and cheer. Joohyun was so shocked and he glared at Junmyeon and he just shrugged. That cheeky boy. 

"Unnie!" Yerim shout and gave her a hug. My future sister in law. And that struck Joohyun, "Yah, you knew about this?" Yerim just grinned "Of course, oppa told me everything duh!" Junmyeon just chuckled. Yerim then hug Junmyeon, "Congrats oppa. You nervous for nothing of course she said yes." She chuckled.

And they celebrated Joohyun's birthday and the engagement until late night.


They sat on the couch on the living room next day. Joohyun on Junmyeon's chest and his arm wrapped around her shoulder. "When did tou get back? When did you prepared all of this yesterday?" Junmyeon just chuckled. "I got back the day before yesterday. I stayed at moms place. I prepared it for at least one mont mentally." Joohyun chuckled. "Are you that worried that I will say no?" Junmyein gave a small hmmm. "Our friends all said that you will never turned me down, they are so sure. But I can't be sure because if its not coming from your mouth then I'll be restless." Joohyun chuckled. "I love you Junmyeon. Thank you for yesterday. And I'm sorry for doubting you that you forgot my birthday." She kissed his cheeks. And Junmyeon kissed her lips. "That's the plan and I love you too my soon to be bride."


AN: I know its not Irene's birthday or anything but I start this when it was RV 2nd Anniversary and I'm thinking of Junmyeon surprising the RV members for their 2nd Anniversary in their practice room but it sounds mehhh and i have no idea then this came out so yeah. Enjoy! 
Winkeu winkeu