Mistakes

SuRene Drabble

“Omma? Omma? Where are you?” the little boy cries calling for his mother in the midst of busy people in the mall. The five-year-old boy, with skin as white as snow, his cheeks is visibly red due to cold weather.

“Hey little guy, are you lost? You looking for your omma?” a man also with skin as white as snow wearing a work suit crouching down to the boy level and he is shocked. Oh my, what a fine little guy this is. The said boy nods and hug the older man by the neck and said, “I’m lost, I’ve been bad. Omma said don’t go wandering around without her, but I did,” he said sadly, still hugging the man by the neck.

The guy heart warmly beats.

“Oh, you poor little guy. You’re not bad just a little naughty because you don’t listen to what Omma is saying. That’s okay, when we find your omma you must apologize to her, okay? Then omma will not be mad anymore.” he said maturely while rubbing the little guy back to sooth him. The little boy nods. “What is your name little guy?” he asked.

The little guy struggle from him and stand straight, both hand in front of his belly and make a 90 degree bow. “My name is Kim Joonho-imnida,” he said respectfully.

“Aigoo, so polite. Your parents must be proud. Common, I bring you to the receptionist counter so they can announce your name. Or maybe your mother is already there.” He grab this little guy hands and walk together. “Oh, you can call me Uncle Junmyeon btw, okay Joonie?” he ruffle the boy hair.

“Oh, my mother also called me Joonie. How do you know?” The man just chuckled. “The name suits you little guy.”

The workers in the mall all bow down when Junmyeon walk by and Joon watch confused, he turned to look at Junmyeon’s face. Already serious. “Uncle Jun, why are the workers bowing at you? Are you someone important in this mall?” he questioned.

Junmyeon just chuckle, his kind face is back. This little guy calling him Uncle Jun already not Junmyeon. He carried Joonie so he don’t get lost again. “Yes, Uncle is someone really important to this mall.” He whispered. “That’s why they are bowing, to show respect.”

“Ohhh, that is so cool. I want to be like you when I grow up. So I can protect Omma and help Omma. And I want to buy omma with all the foods in the world.” Junmyeon just smiled. “Wow, Joonie really loves his omma. Joonie must study well in school arasso, if you want to be like uncle.” Joonie nod enthusiastically.

“Have you seen a 4-year-old-boy, wearing red and white stripes shirt?” Junmyeon heard then he turned to the voice and he is speechless. “How can that face still as beautiful as ever after 5 years?” he thought to himself.

“Omma Omma,” Joonho struggle from Junmyeon’s grip and ran towards the woman that Junmyeon’s been eyeing and he is shocked. “She got married.” He thought sadly.

“Oh my Joonie! Baby, where have you been you make omma worried. Don’t ran off like that ever again.” The woman said while hugging her child like they been separated for years. There’s tears in her eyes. “I’m sorry omma. I’ve been a bad boy. Will you forgive me? Uncle said if I apologize you will be not mad at me anymore.” Joohyun is confused “What uncle?” but still nod. “I’m not mad baby just don’t scare omma again like that.” She hugs the boy.

“Oh omma, this is Uncle Junmyeon. He helped me finding you. He is so nice and he is someone important in this mall. All the workers bow at him. He is so cool.” Joonho brag. But little did he knows his mother eyes already in shocked seeing the man that have left 5 years ago. Joohyun is in panic but still have a calm face.

“Thank you for bringing Joonie back.” She bowed. He just stared at her. “Ahh no, it’s alright. He is cute and he looked lost. I just need to help. I don’t know that he is your son.” “I don’t know that you were married.” He said under his breath. Joohyun just sigh.

“Long time no see Joohyun. You are still as beautiful as last I see you.”

Joohyun just shrug and rolled her eyes. “Likewise Suho.” She said

Junmyeon was shocked, Joohyun never called him that. “Oh right the break up is bad.” He sigh.

“Omma, why don’t we invite Uncle Jun for coffee? He did helped me, I want to thank him.” The boy tug his mother’s arm to get her attention.

“I’m sure his busy Joonie. And you don’t even drink coffee.” Joohyun chuckled at his son’s clever remarks. And Joohyun don’t want to have coffee with this man.

“I don’t mind. I’m free now. Maybe we can catch up.” Joonho face lighten up, he shout a Yes and plead to his mother.

“Okay okay, don’t make that face Joonie, you know omma can’t say no to that face.” Joohyun said gently. Junmyeon just observe the mother and son. He felt jealous. Jealous of the man that wedded her. He sigh. “It’s your fault.”

 

At the café nearby, Junmyeon ordered green latte for Joohyun, a latte for him and also a hot choco for little Joonie. They sat by the window with silence, only heard Joonho babbling about school to Junmyeon. In a little span of time they got close, like really close. Junmyeon is great with kids. No, he is great with Joonho. Joonho is quite fond of his Uncle Junmyeon.

“So how have you been?” Junmyeon start the convo.

“Good. Just good.” Junmyeon is disappointed with the answer. Joohyun is quite hostile with him. He continued played with Joonho.

Joohyun just watch her little guy and the guy that she once have. “How can fate be this cruel?” she thought to herself. This man should never know who Joonie father is. I can’t face him like this. He left me just like that. She glance at them, “It is true, you can’t break a father and son bond even they don’t know each other.”

She sigh again. She likes her view now. It’s what how she dreamed of back in college. But the dream was shattered when after their graduation. Joohyun wanted to tell Junmyeon that she was 2 weeks pregnant but Junmyeon had some other plans. He wants to pursue his study overseas and he thought long distance relationship would not work out. With that he wants to break up and he promised if after 3 years they still love each other he will find her. “Tskk bull.” Joohyun thought.

Junmyeon left the country without knowing that his ex-girlfriend is pregnant with their baby. Joohyun didn’t bother either. She just continued with her life. Even she is struggling and people giving her a disgusting look she don’t mind. She just wanted the best to bring up a child that’s been a symbol of love by Junmyeon and her. She accepted that maybe Junmyeon was not meant for her. At least she has his baby. And after 5 years, Joohyun can’t believe Joonie brought him to her. His own father. “Fate can be so cruel.” She sigh again.

Junmyeon looked at Joohyun worried. She was spacing out. Junmyeon asked the little guy, “Hey Joonie, where is your father? Is he picking you both up?” Joonie looked him confused and also with sad eyes. “Joonie doesn’t have a daddy.” With that statement Junmyeon is shocked he is baffled. “No father? Then? Did Joohyun bring him up alone? She’s a single mother”

“W-Why? Does your father works out of the country or something?” Junmyeon stuttered as he tried to pry.

“No, I don’t know. Maybe. When I asked omma, she will look sad. So I don’t want to ask anymore.” Joonho answered. Junmyeon just ruffle his hair.

“Joohyun? Joohyun?” he called the woman, “Erm yes?" He looked at him and realize that she still here in front of him.  "I’m sorry I spaced out. Oh it’s already late. Common Joonie, let’s go home.”

“I’ll send you home.”

“No! Please Suho, erm someone will fetch us.” She lied.

“Okay then.” Joohyun sigh in relief. “Haish, I’ve been sighing a lot.”

 

Joohyun and Joonho are waiting for the bus. It’s late, she knows but she doesn’t want Joonie to get more close to Junmyeon. It’s a big trouble. If Junmyeon knows she doesn’t have a husband he definitely accuse her of sleeping around. And that saddened Joohyun more.

“Omma when will the bus come? I’m sleepy.” He yawned.

“Sleep baby, it will arrive. Omma will just carry you.” He nods.

Then Joohyun saw an Audi Q5 stopping in front of the bus stop and a man got out from the car. And Joohyun gasp, it’s Junmyeon. He walked towards her and carry Joonho up and put him in the car. Joohyun was startled, when the man turn to her “Are you coming or I have to carry you too?” With that Joohyun dash in the car.

Joonho was sleeping in the back seat while his head is on Joohyun‘s lap. Joohyun gave Junmyeon directions to her apartment.  In the car it’s completely silent. Junmyeon wants to ask Joohyun but he don’t think it’s the right time because there’s Joonho sleeping. Junmyeon only took a glimpse on the mirror rear view seeing Joohyun gently caressing Joonho temple. He thought, what a loving sight to watch. He think, what if he don’t leave her? Are they going to be a family? He had that dream once. He sighed.

Once they arrived, Junmyeon just carried Joonho by instinct and Joohyun led the way. Their apartment is not something fancy but its home for the both mother and son. Joohyun invited Junmyeon in to put the little guy to bed. Once his tucked in Junmyeon kissed his forehead and whisper good night. Joohyun just watched by the door and choked up. Junmyeon closed the door and faced Joohyun. “Gosh, she still beautiful.” Junmyeon thought. Joohyun mumbled “Thank you for bringing us home, you may leave now Suho.”

There’s a painful tug in his heart when Joohyun called him that, and he can’t take it anymore. “Why do you called me Suho? Why not Junmyeon like last time? You never called me Suho.” He asked with hurt appear on his face. “It’s still your name Suho. It’s not a big deal.” Joohyun reply.

“It is for me Joohyun. And where is Joon-ie’s father? He told me he don’t have a father?” he questions

Joohyun eyes widened, and answered “It’s not of your concerns Kim Junmyeon. You may go now. And please don’t appear in our lives again, I beg you.” Joohyun is at the entrance holding the door wide for Junmyeon to leave the house.

Junmyeon just sigh, and eventually leaves.

Joohyun wanted to cry. What have she been through today is such a rollercoaster ride. From missing Joonho and meet up again with Junmyeon after years. And seeing the father and son bond. She don’t know whether to feel happy or scared about them. Maybe she just cherished today as his son finally met his father even the little guy wasn’t aware of it. The little guy and his father is so much alike. His snow white skin, his cheeks, also his habits. Joohyun is grateful to that so she will not miss Junmyeon more. Because never in her mind that she will saw him again, and today, in this fateful day, they met. No! Joonho brought him to her. And for the umpteenth time she sigh. “Fate really is cruel.”

 

 

Back at Junmyeon apartment, he can’t sleep. He can’t sleep a wink. He remembers the people that he encountered today. The love of his life, and her son. She has a son. He sigh. He really wanted to know who her husband is. Did she even get married? Or …. Something cross his mind. “No, it can’t be that Joonie is mine.” He push that thought away. “If she’s pregnant, she definitely told him. Right?” he thought unsure.


I have like  3Chap for this but i dont know hen will it finished. i'm not good with angst . 

p.s: When will How Are You Bread will be aired ? I'm Junmyeon deprived !