I love you

SuRene Drabble

 

They are in Junmyeon’s apartment living room watching TV. Junmyeon and Joonho are watching a kids series that got the two of them hooked while Joohyun are peeling fruits at the kitchen. And suddenly the bell door rings. Junmyeon and Joonho looked at each other and Joonho shrugs. And they saw Joohyun out of the kitchen seeing them confuse and asked, “Are you expecting anyone?” Junmyeon just shake his head indicate that’s a no. “Let me get it.” Junmyeon get up and open the door. And a loud surprise are at the door. It was Junmyeon siblings, Yerim and Jongin. Junmyeon looked confuse. “What in the world are you two doing here?”

“We are here to see our nephew,” Jongin said “and sister in law.” Yerim whispered.

Joohyun seeing Junmyeon doesn’t move by the door take a peek? “Junmyeon, who’s at the door?”

Junmyeon with the slowest motion possible turn around and Joohyun eyes widen. Yerim bust through Junmyeon and yell “Joohyun unnie!!!!” And hug the woman while crying. “Where did you go? Me and omma search for you everywhere. We don’t know where you go, you just disappeared just like that. Even on your graduation you don’t show up. You change your phone number and address. We don’t know where to search you.” She cried at her shoulder while hugging her sobbing. Joohyun just hug back with teary eyes. “I’m alright Yeri-ah. I’m alright. I’m sorry.”

Joonho eyes just follow the woman and men that he don’t recognize.

Jongin entered and eyed the two ladies. His eyes are also teary. He can’t believe what this woman has been through for the last 5 years. After the teary reunion of the two woman. Joohyun attention goes to Jongin. “Hey Nini.” Joohyun starts. Jongin in the verge of tears that’s her nickname at home. Only people who are closest to him knows it and but reply, “Hey noona.” He hugs her like how Yerim hug her. The siblings really treat her like family. The warmth are still the same. After the hug, he said “You should never do that. You can always turn back to us. We will always welcome you. If he treat you bad you can count on us. He will not be in the family registration anymore.” Said Jongin with a pout while pointing at Junmyeon. Joohyun chuckle but she is so touched by the siblings. Even after all this years. She can feel that, she’s getting choked up by their reaction.

Little did they know, there’s a little guy watching all of the drama? He is already on he’s feet. Junmyeon saw him and went to him. “Joonho-yah, that woman is your aunt. And that man is your uncle. They are my younger siblings.” Joonho eyes widen and smile while looking back and forth between the grown-ups then his dad. “Ehem, guys!” Junmyeon getting the siblings and Joohyun’s attention. “I’m sorry for the late introduction this is Joohyun’s and my son, Kim Joonho. Your nephew.” Jongin and Yerim eyes lit up when they saw the little guy, before they said anything Joonho already standing straight and his hands in front of him and bow, “Annyeonghaseyo samcheon, imo. Kim Joonho imnida. I miss you so much.” After he get up he’d been attacked by the siblings saying his cute and all and saying Joohyun raised him well and saying his handsome like his brother and a lot of hugging and kisses. Joonho just giggles because he’s being smooch by his aunt and uncle. He doesn’t mind. He feels so happy at the moment because there are more people that he can love.

Joohyun just standing there seeing Jongin and Yerim babying Joonho. She felt happy. She really do. The siblings is like her own when she knows them 5 years ago. They really treat her well. It’s like having your own family. Joohyun is glad that Joonho are being well taken care of. They seems to adore him.

Junmyeon standing next to her and smile seeing the scene. His siblings are so cute. He looks at Joohyun and smile. Seeing Joohyun happy is enough for him. He will try harder for both of them. For Joohyun and Joonho. He promised himself.

 

 

Jongin drive Yerim back to her dorm after seeing Junmyeon and his family. Yerim can’t stop talking about Joonho. Saying she can’t wait to baby sit him. And the time that they meet are too short for her. She wishes she have more time. But she knows that she will have all the time in the world because, they are back with them. Yerim just smile thinking of the little guy. Jongin broke the silence.

“Do you think Joohyun noona will accept hyung after all of that happen?” Jongin questioned. Yerim pause. Thinking. And then smile.

“Yes. I’m sure she will. But Junmyeon oppa needs to work extra hard to win her back. I can see it in her eyes that she never stop loving him. She just being extra careful with her heart, and I never blame her for that. She deserves the happiness in the world. Oppa just need to be patient. Joohyun noona raised Joonho by herself for years, I bet Junmyeon can be patient a little longer. They are meant for each other it’s just timing and the world are against them and give them a big challenge to face before they’ll be together.” Yerim give a long speech. Jongin just driving and silently agree.

 

 

After Jongin and Yerim went home Junmyeon asked Joohyun and Joonho just to spend the night there. Joohyun agrees because it’s already so late and Joohyun feel bad for Junmyeon to drive her home. She just accept it. She is also tired after all the playing with Joonho. Joohyun also always brought an emergency outfit. But her outfit is somehow for a day outfit. Thus, Junmyeon gave him one of his shirt.

Joohyun just wore it but feeling cosy in them. Thinking of the last time he wore a guy’s shirt for specifically Junmyeon’s shirt. She felt a tinge of embarrassed within her seeing that she’s in a white large shirt.

Junmyeon was making hot chocolate for the three of them to enjoy for the movie that Joonho wanted to watch together. Tomorrow is the weekends anyway so, Junmyeon and Joohyun doesn’t mind that the little guy wanted to stay late and watch Tangled. Again!

Junmyeon heard one of the bedrooms door being open and expecting Joohyun. Still stirring the hot chocolate he speak knowing Joohyun is within the kitchen area. “You don’t mind hot choco do you? I made three….” His word trail off when he saw Joohyun with his shirt and basketball shorts. She looks so homie in his clothes. He was star struck.

Joohyun saw how Junmyeon reacted and her cheeks are red. Perfect timing they hear Joonho’s voice calling them and Junmyeon is back to the real world and flustered. “….I make hot choco.” He gave one mug to Joohyun and take other two to the living room. Joohyun just smiles at Junmyeon’s reaction, funny on how flustered he is like a teenager.

In the living room Junmyeon and Joonho were cuddled up beside each other. Eyes on the television. Joohyun smiles seeing the sight of it. She feels like home. “Come on now omma.” Joonho called, “Yeah, come on now Joonho omma. You don’t want to miss the opening song.” Junmyeon teased. Joohyun just scrunched her nose at him and sit beside Joonho. They all shared one blanket together.

If people don’t know, they will think that they are a happy family from the start.

 

 

Saturday morning, they woke up on the same couch as they are last night. But its only Joohyun and Junmyeon is on the couch. And surprisingly, Joohyun is in the arms of Kim Junmyeon. Her head are on his chest and his arm are around her. Joohyun feeling safe at the moment keep on snuggle on the bed, she thought. Junmyeon just kept sleeping thinking that it’s Joonho. And dreamt of Joohyun that is in his arms. They kept on sleeping on the couch.

Before the sunrise, the little one have already went to his room to sleep on his own and for his own comfort. He just left his parents on the couch. That is why naturally the parents hug each other to sleep for some warmth of the winter morning.

Before 10 in the morning, Junmyeon is already awake and is shocked that Joohyun are in his arm and her arm are hugging his waist still deep slumber. He misses this. Miss her hugs, miss her scent and miss her. Junmyeon are so grateful that they are tangled up like this. Junmyeon don’t want to be a creep but he can’t resist. He kissed Joohyun forehead. And hug her more.

With that Joohyun start to stir.

She slowly open her eyes. And she feels like someone is staring at her and then she looked up and met eyes with the man that she thinks that she’ll be able to forget someday. Then she shifted her eyes to her arms that was hugging the man’s waist. And she gasped and stand up abruptly looking so flustered. She tries to get away from the situation but she just too flustered and in the end her wrist been grabbed by Junmyeon and with a bold move Junmyeon pull her to sit on his lap sideways.

Joohyun was shocked and her eyes widens and her hand cradling his neck. Junmyeon just watch her reaction. He knows he’s out of the line but he just wants to do this. “Can we talk?” he starts. Joohyun still flustered but not afraid anymore she just nod. Still sitting on Junmyeon lap.

“Joohyun, I know I’ve hurt you so much in the past. I know I do too now. Seeing me must have hurt you more. But you still bear with me because of Joonho. I’m so I know I’m not the best father, but remember this that what I want to tell you it is not because of Joonho.”

Junmyeon take a deep breath.

“I love you Joohyun. I always do. I’m nowhere stopping in the future. Even until I die I think I’ll love you. I’m sorry that I left you and don’t give a chance on us. That is solely my fault. This entire thing is my fault.” Junmyeon has start too choked up on his word. The feeling of regrets never left him

“But never once I forget about you. Never stop loving you. Never. I just have this dream that I want to be successful before I proceed anything with you. I want to stand on my own feet. But with that greed I take you for granted. I wish you would forgive me someday. I love you Joohyun, with all my heart. I wish that you could accept me again in your life. Let’s try again Joohyun. Not for Joonho but for us. If you still have feelings for me if that is. I’m going to respect whatever decisions that you make.” Junmyeon said sincerely.

Joohyun just stare at his beautiful eyes. His sincere speech touched her heart. With an absent mind Joohyun just the back of Junmyeon neck while he was talking and Junmyeon doesn’t even notice the affections in Joohyun’s touch. He was so busy talking. Joohyun just smile.

“Joohyun, you don’t have to think that you are obligated to me okay? I will respect whatever decision that you decide.” Junmyeon said again

Joohyun just chuckle. She knows her answer. Her answer is always him. Right from the start. Even there were times that she wants to forget about him, she just can’t. And she accept that. He is the love of her life. Call her stupid but she understands why he did what he did. And it is also her decision on the spot to not tell him about her pregnancy because she knows how he is. He would drop all the opportunities and definitely stay with her and miss the opportunity to study abroad. She would definitely hate that more. She don’t want him to blame her in the future is that ever happens. With that on her mind. They she stared at him and vice versa.

Junmyeon is so anxious. Waiting for Joohyun to say something. Joohyun just stares at Junmyeon eyes and at his lips. She can see his mole. Then without thinking, Joohyun gave Junmyeon a peck on the lips.

Joohyun pulled back and her eyes widen. It was an impulse to kiss Junmyeon. Junmyeon open his eyes and look at Joohyun confused and then a smile appeared on his face. He knows that he still has a chance and then he embraces Joohyun that are still on his lap.

“Oh thank you Joohyun. Thank you for giving me a second chance.” He said.

Joohyun just hug him back. She still wanted to give her answer to him verbally.

“Junmyeon. Forgive me for not telling you about the pregnancy. I admit it I am mad at you because of not believing that we can make things work even we are miles apart. But slowly I think part of it is my fault too. For not telling you about Joonho. For disappearing. You have every rights on Joonho. He is your son, our son.” Joohyun said and then pulled away from the hug so that she can meet Junmyeon in the eyes and said, “I love you too Junmyeon. I know I’ve been stubborn all this while and thank you for being patient with me and thank you for loving me.” She said gratefully.

Junmyeon just smiled at her. “Can I kiss you?”

“Yes you may.” Said Joohyun. Before their lips can touch, a loud gasp could be heard. Junmyeon groans and Joohyun just chuckled onto her man’s shoulder because she knows who the culprit that interrupt their sweet moment is.

“May I help you young man?” Joohyun said to the shocked Joonho.

“Are you two together now?” the little guy asked.

Joohyun that are still on Junmyeon’s lap get up and sat on the couch next to him. “Come here Joon.” She called her son. And Joonho timidly walked to his parents.

“Joonho, what do you mean by that?” Joohyun asked.

Joonho timidly playing with his fingers. “I know that you two are not together. Because other parents live together and you two live apart. And I know my parents are not like other parents so I just follow along because I heard grandma said that mommy needs time and daddy also needs time. And I just have to be patient and someday that you two will be together.” Joonho said.

His parents are shocked at his observing skills and also felt guilty that their child has to go through this and it hurts them.

“Oh my baby…” Joohyun coos and hug Joonho. “…my brave baby and understanding baby. You are so mature and very understanding. What did I do on my previous life to be blessed with a child like you? Mommy is soooo lucky!” Joohyun cooing.

Junmyeon just smiles at the scenery. “Joonho.” He starts.

“We are sorry that we worry you about our stuff. And we are also thankful that you understands the situation. And yes. We might have a misunderstanding situation and in the future too. But you as our child you don’t need to worry about these stuffs, but I’m really grateful that you told us. Thank you son. And yes, if your mommy wants, we can live here together. With me. I feel so lonely nowadays.” He’s pouting to Joohyun and Joonho.

Joonho eyes light up. “Really dad? We can live here? We don’t need to go back and forth?”

“Yes, if your mom agrees to it. I need you two back in my life A.S.A.P.! How about that Joohyun? Would you like to move in with me? And built a little family here with me?” Junmyeon proposed.

“Are you proposing Kim Junmyeon? Hahaha, yes. Of course. Let’s live a better life in the future and forget our wrongdoings and stop regretting and blaming each other. Let start anew.” Joohyun said with a smile and kissed Junmyeon cheeks and also Joonho.

That’s how Junmyeon got his family back, Joohyun have a little family and Joonho is happy with his family.