Confession 2

SuRene Drabble

Chapter 2

Months pass by, but Joohyun and Junmyeon are still friends. They studied together and spent more time together. And every day Junmyeon walked or drive Joohyun home, but they are still friends. No confessions, no skin ship, just a platonic friends. But people around them know that the two are not available. It’s like a common knowledge at the campus that Junmyeon is Joohyun’s and Joohyun is Junmyeon’s.

 

The football team always urge Junmyeon to confess or propose Joohyun to be his girlfriend but Junmyeon always have a same answer, “It’s not the right time guys.” And by that, the group got confused. Jongin retort back, “When is the best time hyung? You are graduating soon, you still have 3 months left. So when is the best time? When Joohyun noona say yes to another guy?” with that Junmyeon shoot a glare at Jongin, and Jongin cower. Junmyeon get up from the bench and enter the changing room.

 

Yixing sigh, “Can you all trust Junmyeon? If he said it like that then it’s not the right time yet guys. And Jongin, don’t say that to Junmyeon, he’s your hyung. He will be discourage if you said it like that.”

 

“Sorry Yixing hyung.”

 

“No, don’t say sorry to me. It’s Junmyeon that you should apologize. I’m not mad at you, it’s just trust him. You know he have a strong feelings for Joohyun right? So, he will know when the right time is. Ok? Have faith in him and courage him.” Yixing said gently to his younger teammates.

 

They all nod in sync and breath audibly a “Yes,hyung.” And Yixing smiled, ruffling Jongin’s sweaty hair.

 

The next day when Junmyeon enter the campus to walk on his group of friend, Jongin already run to him with a high pitched “Junmyeon hyung I’m sorry about yesterday.”  Junmyeon just chuckle and ruffle Jongin’s hair “It’s okay you brat.” And Jongin smile.

 

 

 

On lunch time Junmyeon confessed to his friends that he will confess on graduation day. He said, “It will be more special that way. And I want to make it simple but memorable for her.

And his friends howling in a sync Wuuuuuuuuuuuu to tease Junmyeon.

 

 

A day before graduation, the gentleman that Junmyeon are, he walked Joohyun home. Side by side, Junmyeon has an urge to confess there, right now. But he hold back for tomorrow. When they arrived in front of Joohyun home, they bade goodbye and for the first time Joohyun have a courage to kiss Junmyeon cheek and thanking him for walking her home and walk to her door like nothing happen but the red cheeks gave away everything. And like a love-struck puppy Junmyeon are, he just stay on that spot with a hand on his cheek and smile like there’s no tomorrow.

 

Inside, Joohyun is peeking on Junmyeon behind the living room curtain with a wide smile on her face.

 

Joohyun doesn’t mind that Junmyeon hasn’t confessed yet. It’s obvious that Junmyeon like her. She saw through his action. How he wait for her after his class, he send her home, insist to pay for the food (after arguing with her), and many more. And she also can see it through his eyes. How he genuinely looking at her. Hear every complain that she make. Comfort her when she is down. Every good night and good morning text. She doesn’t mind it at all. She can wait. She telling herself that she wish that Junmyeon also know how she felt about him. Knows that, she like him too. So that kiss is a courage for him. It’s like a green light. Joohyun doesn’t know what is store for her tomorrow, the graduation day.

 

 

The graduation ceremony went well and great. Yixing and Junmyeon are the best student in their department. Yixing in International Business and Junmyeon in Engineering. As expected from the princes of SM University. It’s a very memorable day for Yixing and Junmyeon. Their parents came and also their friends. Students are scattered with their family and friends taking photos and chatting with each other in the auditorium. Junmyeon eyes wandered, searching for a girl with a jet black hair that has stolen his heart months ago. Finally he saw her, laughing with her friends and there also two elders maybe her parents. With courage, he walk to her. Her friends saw him and nudge her and point at him with her chin. She looked at him and smile. When he reach there he bow at the elders and her mom eyes light up.

 

“Who is this fine young man Baechu-ah?” Joohyun is shocked with her mom calling her with her nickname at home and whine a little calling her mom to stop. Junmyeon just chuckle because Baechu, hah cute he think. Junmyeon introduce himself, “I’m Kim Junmyeon, Joohyun’s friend.” With his signature angelic smile. Joohyun dad and mom just nod. But her mom being a mom, cooed at his manners. Her father still have the protectiveness in his eyes but just smile. “Aww, I’m disappointed that you introduce yourself as Baechu’s friend, I’m hoping you introduce yourself as her boyfriend.” Her mom pout. Joohyun just whine again going mommmmm please, embarrassed. “Stop it yeobo. She’s embarrassed enough. What brings you here son?” his dad asked. Junmyeon just smile with confident and ask her parents’ permission to bring their daughter to dinner this evening. Joohyun widened her eyes a bit shocked. She don’t know that Junmyeon will ask her parents’ permission here, after graduation.

 

Her mom squeal saying “So cute. Yes yes you may. It’s alright, right honey?” She questioned her husband. His husband just sigh and nod and said, “You can ask her yourself son. We gave you permission.” With that Mr.Bae and Mrs.Bae excuse themselves. Her friends are also gone. Junmyeon cleared his throat, “Ermm, will you have dinner with me today?” Junmyeon asked. Joohyun just nod shyly but her eyes never leave his. Junmyeon sigh in relief. “I picked you up at 8. Wear something nice. Ermm, no not that your outfit are not nice, you are beautiful every day. Just just, ermmm wear ermm formally?” Junmyeon rambling. Joohyun just chuckle and put her hand on top of Junmyeon and said, “Junmyeon chill. Okay, I will. Don’t be nervous. Why are you not nervous in front of my parents but you’re nervous around me?” she asked.

 

Junmyeon just chuckle, he’s feeling a little better when Joohyun hands are on his. And he replied “You just look very pretty today. Ohh and congrats on graduating Miss Bae.” He playfully bow. Joohyun bow back lifting her skirt a little, “Oh my thank you Mr.Kim, and congrats to you too best student in the Engineering department.” She teased. And Junmyeon just chuckle, loving this side of Joohyun. They just laugh at their silliness. Some of the students are eyeing them. Envy with the perfect couple or you can say soon to be couple.

 

“I see you tonight, Miss Bae.” He kissed the back of his hand and bow. Joohyun is flustered and just nod.

 

When he’s on his way back to his group of friends and parents, they gave him a teasing smile. He just shaking his head with a smile “Silly friends of mine.” He said in his head. But before his friends comment on anything his mother beat them to it with an inpatient face “Who is that? Is that your girlfriend? Why don’t you introduce her to us? She is so pretty. Very pretty. You are lucky my boy.” His dad just laugh at her wife reaction. Junmyeon just scratch his neck and answered, “That is Bae Joohyun. No, she is not my girlfriend.” “YET!” His friends said in sync. He just eye rolled at his friends and continued, “Not yet mom, later okay? I know mom, I know.” I know from the very first day I bumped into her, he said to himself.

Her mom just smile warmly at him. “Awwwww my baby boy already grown up.” and wipe her invisible tears. Junmyeon just rolled his eyes. His dad just laughing at his wife behavior and look at Junmyeon “Introduce her to us sometime okay?” Junmyeon just smiled sheepishly and nod. His friends already had a teasing smile on their faces.

After the ceremony, the 8 friends ate lunch together and of course teasing Junmyeon about his date tonight with Joohyun. Junmyeon just smile and say it “Stop it guys.” His friends just laugh at the shy Junmyeon.

 

Sharp at 8 o’clock, Junmyeon is there in front of the Bae residents wanted to ring the doorbell but Mrs.Bae had beat him to it. “Well good evening Junmyeon. You look very dashing tonight.” And Mrs.Bae wink. She shout “Baechuuuuuu, your date is here and he look very handsome tonight.” Junmyeon just chuckle lightly at Mrs.Bae happy go lucky attitude and his red cheeks is visible sign that he was shy at the compliment that been thrown at him.

 

When Junmyeon is busy mentally fighting with himself to calm down, that is when Bae Joohyun take step down the stairs gracefully with her red dress that pass her knee and donning a red scarf on her hair contrast with her jet black hair. She looks beautiful, no gorgeous. Junmyeon eyeing Joohyun down the stairs taking in her beauty. When Joohyun is already down her smile sheepishly at Junmyeon but Junmyeon is busy gaping the beautiful Bae Joohyun.

 

Her mother smile widely at Junmyeon reaction seeing Joohyun. “Junmyeon, are you okay? Is this dress okay? Is it formal enough?” With that question Junmyeon is back startled and answered “Ermm yes I’m okay. It’s perfect, you’re perfect.” Junmyeon began to ramble like always. Joohyun eyes became wide at that accusation. And she just smiled “I’m glad he liked it.”

 

Her mother interrupt, “Okay lovebirds it’s time for photos!” with a camera ready in hand. Joohyun just shake her head embarrassed. “Mom, it’s not even prom or anything it’s just dinner.” “It’s a dinner date.” Junmyeon interrupt, because he don’t want Joohyun to think it’s JUST dinner. Her mom smile warmly at Junmyeon. Then, Junmyeon wrap his arm around Joohyun waist and say, “Just take some photos okay? You look beautiful, it’s a waste we don’t have a memory for it.” And smile looking at Mrs.Bae that is ready to snap. Joohyun just smile shyly and nod. Posing for a few photos, credit to Mrs.Bae excited-ness then they went to the restaurant that Junmyeon has booked 5 days early.

 

It’s an Italian restaurant. Joohyun loves Italian, Junmyeon take note in one of their like and dislike conversation. He also have an urge to learn how to make a pasta for Joohyun in the future, Junmyeon just chuckle at that thought. Future with Joohyun, that’d be nice.

 

They sat on the table near the window, they can see the busy streets and people walk by. They had fun talking with each other, a little bit of flirting, a little bit of teasing here and there. After dinner, it is time. Junmyeon take a deep breath and exhale.

 

He start “Joohyun-ah, ermmm you have may not notice this or don’t know about this but I like you. I like you very much. On the first day that we met, I mean bumped into each other. I like you since then. At first I try to deny it, my friends already pointed out that I like you but I just convince myself that I’m just attracted to you. But as the months that I know you, I know I like you. The way you laugh, the way you smile, the way you pout, hell the way you rolled your eyes at me when you annoyed I find it cute. As I know you, your like your dislike, your fear, it makes me want to be there for you. I want you to rely on me, to trust me. So Bae Joohyun, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

 

Joohyun is touched. So touched that her eyes are watery but not enough to fall. In Joohyun mind, “If this the way Junmyeon propose to be his girlfriend, how much more he will do if he propose to be his wife. Lucky girl.” Joohyun dream to be that lucky girl but she shake the thoughts away it’s a long way to go, this is enough she is happy that Junmyeon confessed. He finally said it. Joohyun smiled at him and asked for his hands and they intertwined their hands on the table.

 

After 1hour that what Junmyeon thought, but its only just 10 minutes of Joohyun silent and her hand and his intertwined Joohyun said an audible “Yes Junmyeon, and I like you too.” Never leaving his eyes when she answered it. And Junmyeon sigh in relief and it’s like a weight that have been lifted at his shoulder. He squeeze their intertwined hands for assurance, “Thank you Joohyun-ah. I’m not going to make promises like the guys in the drama, I know I’m not perfect I know I will hurt you or forget our anniversaries but I will try, I will try hard. I like you I really do like you.” I love you but someday when the time is right I’ll tell you Joohyun-ah. With that Joohyun eyes soften and nod. “I know you will Junmyeon, and yes I like you too, very much.” Junmyeon smiled at that and rub his thumb at the back of Joohyun hands softly.

 

 

After dinner they went for a walk, finally, finally holding hands and side by side. Nothing change much. They talked a lot. About the future, their jobs that they’ve been hired. Nothing change much for Junmyeon and Joohyun its just there’s a lovey dovey aura came from them. Sometimes Joohyun will comfortably tangled their arms, and even leaning her head on Junmyeon’s shoulder. And right now they are happy.

 

They end the night with Junmyeon sending Joohyun back home. He walked her to the front door. Before Joohyun enter the house they are facing each other, eye to eye and suddenly Junmyeon gave a quick peck on her lips and muttered “Goodnight my girlfriend. I’m happy today, thank you.” With his cheeks already reddened from the bold move he made but keep compose. Joohyun just shyly nod and said thank you, and went back in. Joohyun had her back on the door touching her lips. Can’t believe what just happened.

 

Junmyeon is still outside infront of his car still indaze and can’t believe he kissed Joohyun, ON THE LIPS! And he punch his fist in the air and said “YESSS!” while giving a big jump. Little did he know his girlfriend are peeking on him on the same window yesterday seeing his boyfriend outside being excited. Joohyun chuckled and whisper in disbelieved “I have a boyfriend.” And smile. She’s excited to tell her friends.

 

 

Junmyeon’s House

After he clean up himself and wanted to get ready for bed and message Joohyun to greet her but he got shocked. He was bombard with a lot of messages in the group chat that he shared with his friends. Being the busybody good friends they are wanted to know how the date goes?

 

 

OhMakne:          Hyung!!!!

                          Hyung!!!!

                          Hyung!!!!

                           Hyung!!!!

                           Hyung!!!!

                           How’s the date?

                           Do we have a sister-in-law now? Huh? Huh? Huh?

                           Yah, HYUNG!!!                  9.06p.m.

Xing:                   Yah Hyung? Maknae where’s your manners?

OhMaknae:          Sorry Yixing hyung I’m just excited. I’m sorry also Junmyeon hyung.

Xing:                    That’s okay, but no more okay? Its only 9 o’clock Sehun-ah. Just be patient. Jun will tell us somehow.

Jongin:                 Atleast he should update us with something. I can’t wait. Sehun, we finally will have sister-in-law. Yayy! I’m so excited!

Soo:                     Hold your horses’ maknaes! They are not getting married. Hell Junmyeon hyung just want to proporse to Joohyun noona to be his girlfriend not                                  his wife you ess!

Sehun:                  Oh right, but still! I want to call her sister-in-law. OHHHHHH YOU CURSED!!!!! JUNMYEON HYUNG!!!!!! KYUNGSOO HYUNG CURSED!

Xing:                     Soo! Language!

Soo:                       I’m sorry Xing hyung but someone needs to tell them this.

BeagleBaek:           HAHA! ESS!

OhMaknae:             HAH! Serves you right thank you Yixing hyung :*

Soo:                       Erghh baby!

Jongin:                  Yeah sister-in-law is good. Where the hell is Junmyeon hyung? I want to know did sister-in-law accept his proposal or not.

Xing:                      I said patients you brats!

BeagleChen:          Wow, if Yixing hyung called you maknaes brats, you are really brats! Hah brats! So funny!

BeagleYeol:           They are brats!

OhMAknae:            HYUNG!

Jongin:                  WE ARE SO NOT BRATS!

OhMAknae:            Huh! Whatever you say hyung-deuls you will love us anyway! Right Jongin-ah?

Jongin:                  TOTALLY! The hyungs are smitten by us.

BeagleChen:           I want to puke!

Xing:                      HAHAHA. That confidence tho. But you know the maknaes are right. You guys spoiled them too much. Especially you beagles!

Jongin:                 *smirk emoji*

OhMaknae:            *heart eyes emoji*

BeaglesBaek:         WE DO NOT SPOIL THEM!

BeagleChen:          WE DO NOT SPOIL THEM!

BeagleYeol:           WE DO NOT SPOIL THEM!

Kyungsoo:             Yes. Yes you do. Three of you. Actually, Xing hyung and Junmyeon hyung also included but the beagles are the worst. They’ve been awestruck                                by the maknaes spell.

BeaglesBaek:          WE DO NOT!

BeagleChen:           WE DO NOT!

BeagleYeol:            WE DO NOT!

Xing:                      Hah, told ya!

Kyungsoo:             You beagles hyung likes to babied them and I don’t understand why! They are freaking 22 years old giants!

Jongin:                  *double smirk emoji*

OhMaknae:             Told you you are smitten by us.

BeaglesBaek:          WE DO NOT!

BeagleChen:           WE DO NOT!

BeagleYeol:            WE DO NOT!

Kyungsoo:             Yess you do. I can list everything I saw for the past years how you treated them.

BeagleYeol:           WHATEVER!

BeagleChen:          Ok, where is Junmyeon hyung? Did they kiss?

BeagleBaek:           I hope they make out.

Xing:                      You ert!

BeagleYeol:           Nahhhh, Junmyeon hyung have no balls to do that on their first date. I think Joohyun noona will make the first move.

Xing:                      I don’t believe this.                         10.45p.m

 

Junmyeon just sit there scrolling and reading his friends messages. His friends amuses him all the time. Especially the beagle line. They are just mischievous little satan that you can’t hurt because you love them so much and without them you would be so empty.

 

Junmyeon:         Hey guys I’m back! Your messages are interesting.                00.25a.m.

OhMaknae:        Hyung!!!! Do you have her? Did she said yes? Did we have a sister-in-law? Do we? Do we?

Jongin:                 Ahhhh hyung? Do we get a sister-in-law? Huh? Huh?

Xing:                      Maknae-deuls? One at the time. Let Jun tell his story.

Junmyeon:         Sehun Jongin, it’s not sister-in-law its Joohyun noona to you brats okay? Don’t call her that you will shocked her.

BeagleChen:          Hah! Junmyeon hyung also calls you maknaes brats! So, you are brats, brats!

    Soooooo Junmyeon hyung? How’s the date?

BeagleBaek:         Do you get a kiss? *kissing emoji*

BeagleYeol:          Do you make any moveeeee?

Kyungsoo:           Not again. You three should be call ert Line not Beagle line.

Junmyeon:         Haha, thank you Soo. To answer all of our question. Yes Yes Fun No What the hell?

OhMaknae:        WHAT?

Jongin:              WHAT?

Xing:                  WHAT?

BeagleChen:      WHAT?

BeagleBaek:       WHAT?

BeagleYeol:       WHAT?

Kyungsoo:           WHAT?

Junmyeon:         To the maknaes question YES. To Chen’s question FUN. To Baek’s question NO. To                            Yeol’s question is what the hell?

                                                                                                                      Is that clear?

Xing:                     Oh, Congrats Jun. I know you really like her. And she likes you too.

   Junmyeon:         Really Xing? Thank you.

OhMaknae:            CONGRATS JUNMYEON HYUNG! YAYYYYY WE GOT A SISTER-IN-LAW!

Jongin:                 I can’t wait to you to introduce her to us Junmyeon hyung. We finally got a sister-in-law after months!

Junmyeon:         Maknaes! What did I tell you about calling Joohyun sister-in-law?

Xing:                     Let them be Jun, they are just excited.

Junmyeon:         Haih.

BeagleBAek:      What? No kiss? Awww too bad. Better luck next time hyung and congratulations.

Kyungsoo:           Stop with the kissing already, and congrats Junmyeon hyung. J

BeagleYeol:       Yup better luck next time. Congrats Junmyeon hyung.

BeagleChen:      Yeah hyung Congrats! Finally!

Junmyeon:         Thanks guys.         00.45a.m.

Right after he’s chatting session with his crazy friends he send a good night message to his girlfriend.

Junmyeon:         Goodnight Joohyun <3

Joohyun:             Goodnight Junmyeon <3 <3

 

 

The end 


i know its lame and its not good, but i hope you enjoy it. :)