Insecurities

SuRene Drabble

“Bae Joohyun, please hear me out. Please” the man pleaded still chasing the woman. She stopped and turn around.

“I give you five seconds to explain or not, I’m out of here,” huffing crossing her arms against her chest sulking.

“Okay, the dog is not for you I admit that. You don’t even fond of them. I bought the dog for someone else…”

“I knew it! You have someone else, oh god! I know I’m not even pretty who am I compare to you…” she starts her ranting over her insecurities.

“What the hell Joohyun? Why why do you even think that? You are so beautiful. Okay wait let me finish. The dog, it’s for Sehun,” he said in the matter of fact tone.

“Wha what? It’s for Sehun? But Sehun already have a dog. A maltese named Vivi.” She said confused.

Junmyeon take a step forward towards her and held both her hands. “He is, but I know how much he loves dogs and I just wanted to buy him more and also Vivi for a friend. His birthday will be coming soon so I thought a dog will be a great gift.” Joohyun just look down embarrassed of her outburst earlier.

“Joohyun, when do you feel this? I mean why do you feel this? You are a wonderful girlfriend to me. You are beautiful, smart and cute you amazing amazing woman. Why do you think all of that? And most of all you love me and I love you. I feel so, I felt like I’m not a good boyfriend when you said that. Am I lacking anything? I can change it please? Don’t feel like that anymore. You are perfect, just perfect for me.” He kissed her forehead.

“No Junmyeon, I’m sorry. I thought you had someone else, that’s why I felt I’m not good enough for you. I’m sorry I even think of that. You are also perfect, perfect for me. I love you Junmyeon. And I’m sorry again for not trusting you and making a scene back there,” she said while hugging his waist. He hug her back tighter.

“I love you too Joohyun, so much. Can you do me a favor?”

She looks up but her hand still on his waist clutching his jacket, chin on his chest, nodding.

“Can you talk to me any of your insecurities or worries? I want to know it I want to be there for you. Or even what I can change myself to be better for you.” Joohyun just nod and smile.

“But I don’t want you to change, I want us to work out, with no pretentious and just honesty and I hope we can tolerate with each other compromise with each other so we can accept each other as who we are.”

He nods and hum burying his nose in her hair, “Ermm, strawberries.” He thought to himself his favorite.

“Okay love, we will do that. Together.”

“Together.”