Confession One

SuRene Drabble

He is running late today, because he sleep late yesterday to revise his studies, Kim Junmyeon. The 22 years old Kim Junmyeon. The senior of SM University, never leave his book. What a nerd.

Not exactly.

He’s also the college jock, captain of the football team I tell you. Back to back champion for 2 years with him leading the team. So, Kim Junmyeon is not exactly a nerd. He is known as the school prince. With a perfect grade, perfect looks, and perfect manners. He had it all. He’s pretty much popular. The whole college knows him and his friends. It’s what people in high school called “The Kingka”. Every girl adore them and every guys wants to be them.

But with all that fame, he is still humble and the smiling angel Kim Junmyeon. Many girls admire him for his looks, brain and not to forget family background but he just being Junmyeon. Kim Junmyeon had it all as I just say, but he lack of knowledge about girls. Sure he had a date a few times but it never gets too serious because the girls are after him with a bad intention.

Bammmmm…..!!!!

“Ouch, that hurts.” A feminine voice rang to his ear.

He quickly get up wanted to help the poor girl and also apologize but before he can do that, it’s like the world around him stops and the girl looks up and get up from the floor looking at his confuse eyes and,

“I’m sorry for bumping into you,” the girl said and ran off to the opposite direction.

Junmyeon just stood there like a statue with his mouth half open and stare at the retreating back of the girl. Then, someone tap on his shoulder,

“Yo dude, what’s wrong? What are you looking at?” The dimple boy questioned and look at the same direction as Junmyeon’s, still staring at the same path that the girl took. With a daze Junmyeon replied, “I think I just saw an angel.”

The dimple boy known as Zhang Yixing and Junmyeon bestfriend just smiled.

“Whats wong with you dude that is so not you. Common we gonna be late.”

Shaking he’s head Junmyeon just follow his fried to the hall to start his day with classes and assignments.


For the whole day, Junmyeon is kind of distracted. He can’t seem to forget the beautiful face and eyes of the girl that he bumped to that morning. His friends slash teammates just stare at him with confused eyes. Its 8 people on the table. Junmyeon’s group of friends. They have it all, brain, wealth, look. All are in the football team. It’s not like they pick their friends they just clicked. And it’s a coincidence that their status, their look and their grade are all the same level. Its true birds of a feather did flock together. They are in the cafeteria for lunch. But seeing Junmyeon restless, they also become restless because the said captain never been this distracted. The group just stare at Junmyeon daze face.

“Ehemmmmmm….” Oh Sehun broke the silent and ask the group, “What’s wrong with Junmyeon hyung?”

They just shrug but Yixing chuckle and reply, “I think his in love.”

“WHAT????”

The group chanted in unison and with that, Junmyeon is startled and back to the world.

With confused eyes, he stare at them, “Why? What’s wrong? Why are you all shouting?” and the cafeteria door suddenly open revealing a group of girls, busy chatting and laughing with each other don’t mind the stares that that people in the cafeteria gave them. But Junmyeon’s eyes is fixed to one, and only one.

The girl that he bumped into this morning, the girl with beautiful eyes and a beautiful face.

Automatically Junmyeon curve a smile seeing her smiling and laughing with her friends.

The boys watched and follow the direction of Junmyeon’s eyes and they were like “Ohhhhhhhhh…. So it’s true. Junmyeon hyung did fell in love.” Yixing just chuckle and mumbled I told you so, to the group of guys. And they all also chuckle seeing Junmyeon face like a lovestruck puppy.

Junmyeon just stare at the said girl with a non-creepy way of course until the girl sat on the table to eat.

Junmyeon just chuckle and think this is ridiculous and said, “Whats wrong with me?”

The group also chuckle and Junmyeon is shocked and turned to them and ask, “Do you hear that?” The group just smile, especially the beagle line they have a mischievous smile on their cute faces and Baekhyun replied, “Yes, hyung. Yes.” And then Jongdae continued, “Are you in love Junmyeon hyung?” with that question it makes Junmyeon choke his own saliva and widened his eyes and replied, “What? In love?” then its Chanyeol turn to make the older speechless. “We never see you interested in girls first hyung, but this girl had your mind the whole morning and you kept your eyes on her only when she entered the cafeteria. So, isn’t that obvious?”

Sometimes Junmyeon hate the beagle line matureness. They are the prankster of the group alright but they also have their fair share of matureness.

Yixing just chuckle, the dimple boy love to chuckle alright. Seeing his bestfriend speechless by their dongsaengs words and he knows that it is true. Kim Junmyeon is in love.

Junmyeon cleared his throat and spoke, “Erm, okay guys I’m not sure okay. We can’t just assume that I am in love. It’s ridiculous. I just met her, scratch that I just bumped into her this morning. And I never seen a beautiful angel ever in this college and why is that I’m in love? I barely know her, hell I don’t even know her name, what major is she in or even she knows me?” Junmyeon suddenly burst out, but all he got is the grinning faces of his friends. And he ask back, “What? Why do you look at me like that?” Even Kyungsoo face had a smile on it, let me tell you Kyungsoo doesn’t just smile or grin at anybody, smirk yes smile never!

Then he said, “Hyung, do you even hear yourself?” Junmyeon make a confused face, of course he heard himself. It is him who were talking. Kyungsoo continued, “You just said that the girl you just met or bumped into this morning a beautiful angel that you ever seen in this college. And why are you so worked up about her name and of course he knows you, you are Kim Junmyeon.”

Did I just said that? Arghhhh I’m screwed.

“Okay maybe I’m a little attracted to her but it’s not love, not yet.” Junmyeon retort back.

The maknaes repeat the “YET” out loud making Junmyeon scowl. And the maknaes Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun high-5 each other and seeing the captain pout in his seat.

Yixing eyed his bestfriend and said, “Don’t worry Jun, you will figure it out. Meanwhile why don’t you get to know her? Approach her at least.”

Then the captain eyes light up. “Yep, that’s what I’m going to do.” With a determined face, but then he slump again and said, “How can I do that? I don’t even know her name. Don’t you think that she will think that I’m creepy?”

“Oh her name is Joohyun, Bae Joohyun. He’s from Daegu and she majored in Business Logistic and also Dancing. She’s a double major.” Jongin suddenly voiced out.

And the group gape. Baekhyun hit Jongin head, “Ouch that hurts Baek hyung. What did I do?”

“You can at least tell that information earlier you doofus! Why did Soojung fell for you? Junmyeon hyung been rambling about not knowing her that is when you should shoot your information stupid.”

Jongin just smile sheepishly at Junmyeon while rubbing his head but glare at Baekhyun. “I’m sorry Junmyeon hyung. And fyi Soojung fell for me because I’m smart awkward and handsome and we matched each other, thank you.” Soojung is Jongin’s girlfriend. Jung Soojung.

“Nahh nevermind Jongin-ah but thank you. Wow, double major huh?” Junmyeon grin dreamily.


After class the boys had a football practice for 2 hours. Then it’s time to go back home, Junmyeon is the last one to be out from the changing room with his jet black wet unorganized hair he rummage his bag looking for his car keys, and for the second time that day he bumped into someone again.

“Ouch. Haish why am I so clumsy, It’s the second time today I bumped into people.” The girl mumbled to herself and got herself up to help the person that on the floor gawking at her.

“Are you okay? I’m so sorry for bumping into you.” The girl start and reach for the guy arms to help him up. And she look at him with confuse eyes and stare at the guy, “Is something wrong? Are you hurt?”

The boy woke up from daze and shaking his head said, “No, I’m not hurt. I’m also sorry for bumping into you for the second time today. I’ve never had a chance to say sorry this morning, so, I’m sorry.” He said with an awkward smile while scratching the back of his neck, a habit when he is shy.

The girl just smile and nod. She extend her hand for a handshake and introduce herself, “I’m Bae Joohyun, and I’m a business major.”

I know, in Junmyeon mind and he just stare at the girl hands and realize he had to shake it, he grab it and suddenly feeling electricity between them and they jumped back and muttered sorry.

“I’m Junmyeon. Kim Junmyeon. I’m a Civil Engineering student. This year is my last year. Nice to meet you Joohyun.”

Joohyun just smile, “It’s my last year too. So we are the same age right? We can be friends. Actually I know your name, you’re famous here Junmyeon-ah.”

Junmyeon felt warm inside when she said his name and he is happy that Joohyun knows him.

“I’m not that famous. Are you going home?” Looking at the bag joohyun carried.

“Yup, just finished practice.”

“Dancing?”

“Yup, I’m so tired but its fun. I love dancing.” Junmyeon just stare at her how she talk that she loves dancing.

Wait

“How do you know that I was dancing?” Joohyun asked with a confused face and scrunched her eyebrow together.

Junmyeon eyes widened and he stutter to answer her question, “Ermmm, actually…ermm don’t find me creepy or anything but Jongin told me.”

Joohyun waiting if there’s more to the answer, but none words coming out from Junmyeon, “And may I ask why did Jongin told you about me?” she eyed Junmyeon with her intimidating eyes.

“I just want to know you a little better. I think or I may have been attracted to you since this morning when we bumped into each other.” Junmyeon said honestly. And if you look closely his ear tip are red from his confession.

Jooohyun just chuckle with his honesty but her cheeks are burning with shyness, How can this boy be so straight-forward?

“Well if that so, can you walk me home today? We can know me a little better on the way home.” Joohyun ask hesitantly but the face that Junmyeon express gave Joohyun asurement.

“Yes please. Come on, I drive my car today. We can chat on the way back.” Joohyun just nod.

And they walk together to the parking lot side by side with a new feeling that will developed over spring.

 

Night

EXO Group chat

 

 

Junmyeon: Guys!!!!!! I did it! I talk to her. :D

Xing: Congratulation Jun ! :)

Kkamjong: WHAT? WHEN? THAT IS SO FAST! WOAH URI HYUNG IS FAST!

BeagleChen: Did you kiss? :*

BeagleBaek: Did you hold her hands? :*

BeagleYeol: Did get her phone number?

Junmyeon: What the hell erts! NO, NO and YES!

Soo: Congrats hyung! Yahh you Beagle erts!

OhMaknae: How did you do it? It’s just weird that you … uri Junmyeon hyung that have a little acknowledge of girls got the fastest girlfriend? Just in a day? Wow I can’t believe this!! ://

Xing: He must be just as straight forward as a ruler to her? Am I right? You got nervous then you blurt out something dumb and you got even nervous then you just said that you like her? Am I right Jun? J Don’t underestimate the power of honesty Sehun-ah.

Junmyeon: Yixing you are my bestfriend in the whole wide world. You know me well. And fyi she is not my girlfriend. We are friends.

BaegleBaek: YET!

BeagleChen: YET!

BeagleYeol: YET!

Junmyeon: GUYSSSSSS!

Xing: It’s true tho Jun. ;)

Junmyeon: Xing not you too! :(

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 I know lame , bare with me .