Gonna Woo My Family Back !

SuRene Drabble

 

 

Junmyeon picked Joohyun up at her office exactly at five o’clock in the evening. He waited for Joohyun in front of the building. He also have a courtesy to wait for her outside of his car. When the workers pass by they were all curious who is the man sharp with his suit leaning on an Audi is here for? With queue Joohyun came out of the building and shocked to see Junmyeon is out of the car already waving at her. And she just bowed her head and make her way to him. Junmyeon open the door for her and she can hear her colleague squealing at the manners. “Erghh tomorrow will be a long day of entertaining nosy colleague.” Joohyun thought.

Joohyun looked over to Junmyeon, and she saw how happy and excited he is. Joohyun sigh. They pick up Joonie at his kindergarten nursery. Joonie is so excited seeing his “Uncle Jun.” Asking, “Why are you here?” with an excited face of his and it looks just like Junmyeon. Junmyeon hug Joonie so tight and Joohyun choked up seeing the sight. It makes Joohyun really sad when Joonie said “I’ve missed you,” to Junmyeon with a tiny whisper and Junmyeon reply, “I’d missed you too, so much,” even they’ve just met yesterday  Joonie really mean it when he said he missed Junmyeon, and Joohyun knew what behind Junmyeon’s “I miss yous.” And Joohyun explain, “I’ll tell you when we got home alright my boy?” Joonie just nod.

“Are we going home with Uncle Junmyeon?” Joohyun just nod. They are walking toward Junmyeon’s car, hand in hand. Joonho in the middle and the adults are holding both Joonho hand. “Yayy, I’m going to show you my room. Okay Uncle Junmyeon?” Junmyeon just smiled. “I can’t wait to show you my room. Do you know Avengers Uncle Jun? I love the Avengers. I love Captain America the most.” He said dreamily. “Me too!” Junmyeon replied excitedly. “I have Captain America’s action figured you know?” he add. Joonho face lighten up, “Really? That is so cool. I saw it once in Toy’R Us but it is so expensive.” He pouts. Junmyeon just chuckled, “I’ll let you play with mine, or you just can take it. I don’t mind. What mine is yours,” Junmyeon said sincerely with meaning. Joohyun just smiled, she knows how Junmyeon treasured his ‘action figures’ he have lots. “Really Uncle Junmyeon? You are so nice. I love you.” He side hug Junmyeon leg. Joohyun was so touched and so is Junmyeon. He feels tears are pooling in his eyes but he act calm and crouch down in front of Joonho. “I love you too Joonie, very much.” He hugs the little guy, the little guy just hug him happily without knowing anything.

Joohyun choked up looking at the scene. She feels overwhelmed. Suddenly she feeling wronged for keeping this a secret. She feel wronged towards Joonie, towards Junmyeon. “Am I that selfish? How can I take away this for 5 years? It’s all my fault, I’m a bad mother.” Joohyun thought to herself regretting things. Junmyeon tug her hand to take her attention, “Joohyun it’s not your fault. It’s mine. You’ve been a great mother to Joonie. I’m sorry, you’ve been through a lot. Let me help you. I’ll try be a good dad I promise.” Joohyun just nod startled because Junmyeon is still the same, can read people easily especially her.

They broke the news after their dinner, they ate at Joohyun’s apartment. They at the living room, “Joonho, I want to tell you something.” Joohyun start and hold Joonho in her lap. “Do you remember when I said that your father is working away?” Joonho nod. “He came back.” Joonho face light up hearing that. “Really? He came back? Are we going to see him? Oh I miss him so much.” Joonho said dreamily. “He missed you too. But you already met him yesterday. I’m sorry I don’t introduce him as your father yesterday. I’m a bad Omma am I? But he’s here,” Joohyun chin pointed at Junmyeon. Joonho look at Junmyeon then at Joohyun with confused look and smile, “Uncle Junmyeon is appa? Seriously omma? Seriously seriously?” Joonho asked. “I can’t believe it my dream came true. I must have been a good boy, because Santa harabeoji gave me an early present.” He said excitedly. Joohyun got shocked with Joonho revelation about his dream. He walked in front of Junmyeon and bow, “I’m Kim Joonho, and I’m appa’s son. Nice to meet you. I missed you so much. Can you hug me?” Junmyeon is speechless then he hug Joonho right away, so tight like he don’t want to ever let go. “I missed you too my son. I will hug you every time I see you, as much as you want. I’m sorry I’m late.” Junmyeon said with tears stream down his eyes. Joohyun just watching from the side with tears. “Nevermind appa, as long as you came back to me and omma.” Joonho maturely said. With that words been said Joohyun is crying harder, she stood up and went to the toilet to cry more.

“Appa? Why omma cried so badly? I think he just misses you so much, that’s why. When she’s out of the bathroom why don’t you give her a hug nae?” Junmyeon just nod, he smiled at how mature his son is. Feeling regrets creeping in him again. “For five years I didn’t know you exist. I’m glad I’m not too late.” Junmyeon caressed his son hair lovingly, until he hear the bathroom door open. Joohyun got out with a smile but her cheeks are red and also her eyes, evidence that indeed she cried.

Joonho nudge his appa, “Appa! Go and hug omma,” he ordered. Junmyeon is dumbfounded but nod. Before Joohyun got to the living room couch Junmyeon engulfed her with a hug, rubbing her back in circles and whisper, “Don’t cry.” Joohyun was stunt and tried to pull away but Junmyeon just hug her tighter. Junmyeon taking this chance to inhale Joohyun scent that he missed. Rocking her side by side like a baby, muttering ‘Don’t cry and I’m sorrys.’ To her.  

Joonho just look at them hugging and smile, he felt so happy. He clapped. Junmyeon and Joohyun apart. “Yes! My appa is finally home. I want to brag to Kyungmi and Minhyuk about this. And the kids will never tease me again. Finally my family is complete.” He said excitedly and land his body on the couch watching the white ceiling.

Junmyeon and Joohyun is shocked. Just how much the little guy suffers. And also how to explain Junmyeon will not live here, in their apartment.

“Joonho, come here.” Joonho came to her and sit on her lap. “Ermm, your appa will not leave here.” With that Joonho face became sour. “But why omma? Appa is Joonie appa. Of course we will live together. With me and you.” He debate. Joohyun don’t know what to say. She make an eye signal at Junmyeon asking for help. And Junmyeon just shrug. He planned to move Joohyun and Joonho out of the apartment and live with him at his apartment. And Junmyeon also planned to woo Joohyun back. It’s not because of the circumstances but it because he genuinely love her. “KIM JUNMYEON!” Joohyun hiss. “What? What Joonie said is true. Of course we lived together.” Junmyeo said looking at Joohyun and winking at Joonho. The little guy just giggled. “KIM JUNMYEON NO! What are you saying?” Joohyun is boiling inside but she doesn’t show it because of Joonho’s present. “Joonie, can you give omma time to talk to appa alone for a while? I need to discuss somethings with him.” Joonho just nod and said “Okay omma, I know you missed appa like I missed him. You can kiss him in front of me omma, I don’t mind.” Joonho said innocently. With that Joohyun face is beet red and Junmyeon just chuckled and give Joonho a thumbs up behind Joohyun back so only Joonho can see it.

Joohyun is flustered and she stuttered, “It’s not like that Joonie. omma just want to discuss things with appa. Why don’t you go to your room and finished all your homework and after that omma can help you wash up okay?” The little guy nod, “Arrasso omma. Appa can you sleep with me tonight?” Joohyun is taken back, before Joohyun could protest, “Okay, I’ll sleep with you today. Be a good boy and go to your room and finish your homework okay? Listen to omma, nae Joonie?” Junmyeon said. “I will appa. I love you both.” With that he walk to his room and closed the door.

“What is that all about Kim Junmyeon?” Joohyun said with rage after the door is closed. Junmyeon stunt, “Woah, the bad Joohyun appeared but still so pretty.” He thought dreamily. “Kim Junmyeon I’m talking to you. Don’t make that puppy face in front of me.” Joohyun said almost whining. “What did I do? It’s true, a real family must live together. Joonie was right!” Joohyun sigh “Yes Junmyeon family do live together but we”, she point to him and her, “are not family.” She finished her sentence. Junmyeon felt hurt but he knows why Joohyun said that. She just want to push him away. Junmyeon will never gave up. Not this time.

“Joohyun please, just let me spend time with Joonie.” Junmyeon plead. “But you can’t stay here.” She protest. “Why not Joohyun? Why not?” Junmyeon said challenging. “Because I might fall in love with you again.” ”What will the neighbors said when they saw a man coming in and out of this house? People talk Junmyeon.”

“Just told them the truth goddamnit Joohyun. Tell them I’m the father, I’m Joonho appa. I’m the jerk who left you alone while you are struggling by your own. Just tell them. I don’t care. Now I just care about Joonnie and your happiness. Give me a chance Joohyun. Please?” Joohyun sigh.

“Alright Junmyeon. You can stay here for today, you already said yes to Joonie anyway. But I don’t have any spare..” before Joohyun can finished her words Junmyeon already dash to the door without saying anything. “Okayyyyyyyyyy, he said he wants to stay but he just ran out like that? Weird guy, still very weird.” Hearing the front door being slam open Joonho went out of his room looking his confused mother.

“Appa don’t want to sleep to sleep with me?” he questioned his mother sadly. Before Joohyun could answer, the unlocked front door slams open with a panting Junmyeon and a bag in his hand. “Junmyeon what are you doing? Why do you ran off? And what is that? Joohyun asked baffled pointing at the bag in his hand. “Appa!” Joonho ran to Junmyeon and Junmyeon picked him up. “I thought you don’t want to sleep with me.” He said sadly. Junmyeon chuckled. “Ani, of course I want to sleep with my son. I missed him so much,” he smooch Joonie’s cheeks. “I just went to the car and take my clothes and necessities.” Joonho just nod. Joohyun looked at him weirdly. “Did he planned this?”

“No Joohyun I did not planned this. I always have extra clothes in my car just in case.” Junmyeon retort. Once again Joohyun was amazed “How did he know that?” Joohyun brows creased. “I knew you long enough to read your face Joohyun, but I’m stupid enough to not notice that face 5 years ago.” He said. And again Joohyun is shocked, beyond shocked.