Vocal Evaluations

Locked Heart

Chapter 13: Vocal Evaluations

A/N: This might be one of the shorter chapters… sorry…

Just a quick list of who’s in which group

OP’s group: Sohen, Yonghe, Yulei, Meixing, Sook

Boy group: Jong Myung, Jun, Kim Minseok, Lee Junghwan, Choi Mingi

Other girl groups: Mimi, Kim Jiyeon, Jung Yujin, Park Hyuna, Hirai Rui


After taking a short break, and warming up our vocals, our attention was brought to the center of the room.

*Clap* *Clap*

“Everyone please come over here. We will now become the vocal assignment since there’s a lot of you. We will be splitting you guys into three groups.” The CEO stated

“Now we will count you guys off,” Mrs. Ong said.

After splitting everyone into groups of 3, there were 5 trainees in each group. The first group was Eun Sook, Yung Yujin, Park Sohen, Wang Meixing, Kim Minseok. The second group was Park Hyuna, Mimi, Kim Jiyeon, Jeon Yonghe, Lee Junghwan, Jong Myung. In the third group were Choi Mingi, Jun, Zhou Yulei, and Hirai Rui. The first group went with Mrs. Ong, the second group went with the CEO, and the third group went with the choreographer.


Groups two and three went to different training rooms while group one stayed in the original room. We went by who was called first in each group so I sang first. I made sure to pronounce every syllable correctly and have more active facial expressions. As I sang I could see that Mrs. Ong was very happy since I had improved after the previous assessment.

As the other trainees came up to sing I could tell that everyone had amazing voices, this made me wonder if I would ever be able to debut. That’s when I noticed that Mrs. Ong was smiling for every trainee’s singing. She must have not wanted us to be nervous, so she made us feel confident by not physically reacting.


After everyone had gone Mrs. Ong had dismissed us all and told us to head to the lobby and wait for our group members. I could still feel my heart pumping, I was shaking slightly, but I wasn’t sure if it was from fear or nervousness.

Although we were the first group to finish our evaluations, no one talked. There was a clear separation between the younger and older trainees. We stayed quiet until one of the older trainees got up.

“Hi, I’m Kim Minseok, and over there is Jung Yujin.”

Sohen, Meixing, and I stood up and gave a bow introducing ourselves.

We chatted with the older trainees for a few minutes before the other teams came down from their evaluations. We all separated into our groups and left the building and headed back to the dorms with our managers.

It had been a long day, the fact that I was a trainee finally began to dawn over me. Although I was nervous, I was also confident I would be able to achieve my dream.

 

A/N: Hope everyone’s summer has been going well! Summer school is a bit tiring but I’m making sure to write a little every day!