Departure

Locked Heart

Chapter 3 Departure

A/N: I’m very surprised there would be people willing to read my stories. I’m sorry for any grammatical errors or spelling errors. If you point it out I’ll make sure to change.


Breakfast had passed like a whirlwind, too quick for my liking. Before I knew it we were headed towards the airport. I was starting to feel a bit queasy, but I was also excited. The whole car ride to the airport was silent and thick with suspense.

When we arrived at the airport instead of going to the drop off area my dad drove to a parking garage, and we all somberly walked towards the airport. It was getting very stuffy, there was also tension hanging above us. It seemed that if any of us spoke the tension would rain rocks down at us. Which would be unpleasant. When we arrived at the kiosk, my hands started to shake as I inserted my passport.

*Ding* Welcome Eun Sook to Korean air please select how many baggage’s do you wish to check?

As I was about to press the number two I felt my hand yanked away from the kiosk. I looked up to see my father holding my hand.

“Can’t you train here in the US instead? It’s closer to home and there is a chance that you won’t get lost.”

“Father I’m not that little girl of the past. Please let do this. I know I can handle this”

I looked back at the kiosk and clicked 2. After I had finished my transactions I turned and walked to the baggage counter, the clerk weighed both of my baggages before placing them onto the conveyer belt. I had only brought a purse with me, but as we neared the security check sadness rushed over me. I turned to my parents and gave them a hug.

“Eun Sook don’t forget to call us when you reach Incheon, okay?”

“I wont forget, mom.”

“That’s my girl, now hurry to the security check before you miss your flight.”

“Okay mom, I love you guys! Make sure to take care of your health!”

“Don’t worry about us! Now go honey” my dad said tearfully.

“I’m going now. Bye!”

I briskly walked towards the security check, I was too afraid to look back. I knew if I did I would start crying. After going through the security check I went to look for my gate.


From the outside the plane looked huge, it was nerve racking; because soon I would be in the air and out of Los Angeles. When I heard my section being called I got up from my chair and stood in line. After a few moments had passed I was getting ready to board the airplane.

Walking down the walkway I looked at my seat number 17a, I had a window seat. After finding my seat I pulled out my phone and plugged in my headphones. I stared out the window as the plane took off. Goodbye Los Angeles, and here I come Seoul.


A/N End of chapter 3! Wow I'm making some progress!!!