Training Begins

Locked Heart

Ch 10: Training Begins

A/N: How will Sook face this challenge?


“After all we’ve seen your YouTube videos.” Sohen’s words echoed through my mind. I hoped I wouldn’t disappoint them. After warming up Sohen started to teach me the moves.

Before she did I watched her dance to the song, before she showed me the moves. At first, without Sohen teaching me, I was quite confused with how to move my body to some of the movements. But after being instructed I was starting to get better.

After a whole 2 hours of dancing. I had gotten almost everything down. The one worry I had was remembering everything correctly. We hadn’t even talked about transitions yet. But, Sohen reassured me that we wouldn’t need to worry about it since on Monday the choreographer would rework transitions.

Since Sohen had finished teaching me she told me that she would be heading to the kitchen to start making some food and asked if I wanted to come. I declined since I wanted to practice and make sure I would remember everything correctly.

I practiced for another hour before I started to feel dizzy. When was the last time I had food I thought…. Then it dawned on me... the last meal I had was Breakfast!! I decided to stop practicing since I needed to eat.

When I headed to the kitchen I could see everyone meal prepping. So, I went over and asked if I could do anything to help. And was told to go get a plate and took some food to eat. I quickly wolfed down the food. And felt the hunger pangs slowly disappear, I took the plate and put it in the dishwasher after cleaning it out.

  

Since they were still meal prepping, I joined and helped. We were making Korean beef and chicken bowls. They have already cooked beef and chicken. Currently, Sohen and Meixing were mixing up white rice with brown rice and black rice. Yulei was making a sesame slaw, mixing sesame dressing with purple cabbage, iceberg lettuce, green onion, carrots, and sesame seeds. Yonghe was cutting up cucumbers and kimchi.

Since Yonghe needed help with making the sauce for the cucumber kimchi salad, I quickly combined honey vinegar and some kimchi sauce. After finishing making the sauce. I helped cut the remaining kimchi. After we finished cutting, we mixed the cucumber and kimchi with the sauce. The salad was tangy and sweet with a hint of spiciness. Then we started to fill meal prepping boxes with the cucumber kimchi salad, then once we finished filling the boxes with the salad, we took the dirty dishes to wash.


We had finally finished meal prepping and since it was getting pretty late we decided to go to bed early. I could see that it was already dark outside, I couldn’t quite sleep since I still felt quite energetic. I left my room and grabbed my shoes and headed to the dance room.

I made sure that the door was locked properly before putting on my shoes and started to stretch a bit. I first started with my arms, then I worked down, stretching my waist, legs, and ankles. Before turning on the music at a lower volume. I was kind of worried that I would forget the moves, so I practiced. After having repeated the choreography two times I was sure that I had most of the moves down. I decided to go wash up and sleep.

 

AN: Here are the dishes if you’re curious:

https://www.destinationdelish.com/korean-beef-meal-prep-bowls/

https://thegirlonbloor.com/korean-chicken-meal-prep-bowls/

 

Also Thank you so much for reading!! I will do my best to post at least once per two weeks (since college is kicking my right now....). Hope everyone is staying indoors and is safe!