The Test (1)

Locked Heart

Ch 8: The Test pt 1

A/N: Lets go! What will happen now?


As the manager drove the girls to a nearby park, Sook was gazing out the window. It was beautiful outside. There were a lot of people walking on the pavement, there were a lot of families. This made Sook’s heart clench a little, if she was back home in Los Angeles she would be walking with her parents by the beach.

Tears were welling up in her eyes when she realized. She had forgotten to call her parents!!

Fumbling with her phone, Sook turned it on and saw, 60 missed calls and 20 unread messages. Looking through her messages, a lot were friends asking if she was well and at the top were her parents. Looking at the time it would be in the early morning in Los Angeles. So, I decided to send a lengthy text to my parents.


When we arrived at the park the manager told us we would need to run 10 laps, the one who was last would have to run 2 extra laps.

Since none of us wanted to be penalized with the extra laps we ran as fast as we could. Sadly, after our 5th lap everyone was starting to slow down significantly. Since the manager could see us slowing down, she then shouted, “If you all can’t finish the 5 laps in 13 minutes, you all will have to all run the extra 2 laps!”

Hearing this we all started to run again. By the end of the 10th lap, we had all slumped to the ground. We were exhausted, as we were all gasping for air, the manager handed out water bottles to everyone. Before motioning for us to stand up. The manager told us that we will be given an hour of free time before we would be headed to the company.

Hearing this, we all meandered to the grassy area. We sat down and started to chat. Turns out that, everyone who comes would be given a quick test the first day before they would be put into different levels. Since I was put straight out into a group the other girls were unsure what would happen to me. As we continued to talk I could hear my phone ring.

“Hello?” I said quietly

“Sook! Is that you??” I could hear the panic in my mother's voice “Are you safe?!?! Is everything okay???”

“Mom, everything is okay. You don’t need to worry!” I said quickly “I made it safely in Seoul. I’m sorry for not contacting you earlier.” I felt extremely guilty, I had been so happy that I had forgotten to call my parents.

“How have you and dad been?” I asked

“We’ve been well, it's quite lonely since you’ve left…. *away from phone* ‘honey! Come here! Sook’s on the phone’” then the phone was passed to my dad.

“Sook! So glad you could call back. How has Seoul been! Any issues yet?”

“None dad! Its been good, I’ve met the other girls I will train with. I might not be able to call back much since we get our phones taken away by our manager at night. But everything has been fine so far!” I said cheerfully

“That’s good! Make sure to get a lot of sleep and have fun with training! Good luck!!” My dad said back.

“Thanks!! I’ll make sure to practice hard!” looking around I could see the manager walking towards up. “Hey dad put me on speaker, I need to hang up and head back to the dorms, so... I love you guys! I make you guys proud!”

I heard them tell me that they loved me, and we hung up. I was going to get dropped off at the company to get tested. When I heard this from the manager I froze, I wasn’t ready.


When we arrived at the company, I waved goodbye to the rest of the girls before I walked briskly to the entrance. The building was as big as it was when I had first come. I headed over to the reception desk.

When I arrived, the lady asked for my name and then told me to head to practice room 101 on the second floor. Walking up the stairs I could feel butterflies move throughout my stomach, but I continued forward. I had to be confident. As I continued up the steps I could see a couple of girls and boys heading down. They seemed much older than I was; I quickly moved to the side to let them pass and giving them a bow. I could feel chills.

After they have left, I finally let out a breath. Were these older trainees really that scary? I shook off the unease and headed up the rest of the stairs and looked for the training room.

As I walked through the hall, I almost walked past practice room 101. Thankfully the room was empty. I pulled out my earphones and plugged them into my phone. I should practice a bit, so I turned away from the mirror. I first started with warming up my vocals and turning on an instrumental playlist. The first song that came up was SNSD’s Into the new world. (decided to put the English lyrics, Sook is singing in Korean though)

I want to tell you, even though

the sad times have already past

Close your eyes and feel,

how you affect my mind, how you attract my gaze.

Don’t wait for a miracle,

there’s a rough road in front of us

with obstacles and future that can’t be known,

yet I won’t change, I can’t give up.

 

Keep your love unchanging

for my wounded heart

Looking in your eyes,

no words are needed, time has stopped.

 

I love you, just like this.

The longed end of wandering.

I leave behind this world’s

unending sadness.

 

Walking the many and unknowable paths,

I follow a dim light.

It’s something we’ll do together to the end,

into the new world.

 

Don’t wait for a miracle,

there’s a rough road in front of us

with obstacles and future that can’t be known,

yet I won’t change, I can’t give up.

 

Keep your love unchanging

for my wounded heart

Looking in your eyes, no words are needed,

time has stopped.


*Knock Knock*

I stopped singing and spun around. Who was there! When I turned around it seemed to be my instructor. Widening my eyes I quickly dropped into a ninety-degree bow and introduced my self

“Hi, I’m Eun Sook!”

The lady then returned the bow and said “I’m your proctor for your test. You can call me Mrs. Ong. ”

 

A/N: ooh! I wonder what challenges Sook will face with the proctor

Also, I will try to update as much as I can~