The Test (2)

Locked Heart

Chapter 9: The Test pt 2

A/N: The test has started how will Eun Sook fare?


Mrs. Ong made mem start stretching since I had warmed up my vocals. As I was stretching, I noticed a person walk past the room. I wasn’t sure who it was, but I guess it could have been one of the other trainees. I continued to stretch. After finishing my stretches Mrs. Ong asked me to dance to any song I wanted. So, I decided to one of the older covers I had done. Which was Miss A’s Goodbye Baby.

I danced with as much power and iness I could pull off. As the last beat ended, I straightened myself and waited for Mrs. Ong’s critique.

“As expected, you have the basics down, a lot of power. But you need to work on your facial expression.” She said looking up from what she was writing down. “It looks like you’re grimacing. Also, make sure to look at the mirror when you dance and not the floor. The audience will be in front of you.”

“I will make sure to keep these things in mind,” I said back

“Okay, so now vocals. I want you to sing the song you were singing earlier.”

“Okay, so I can start whenever I want?” I asked

“Yes”

Starting to sing, I could feel nervous butterflies start fluttering through me. I knew that my Korean pronunciation wasn’t the best but…. I was starting to doubt myself. Was I really ready? Was I really going to be able to debut? What if everything I did was just unsuccessful and a waste of time?

The doubts that filled my mind started to make me lose focus on my singing. I came to South Korea to chase my dream. I had to believe in myself. As I started to finish the song, I was feeling more and more confident. I could do it, and I poured my heart into singing.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

“I’m surprised, I thought your singing would be mediocre but turns out that I was wrong. You have exceeded my expectations.” She looked down and wrote some things. “Now follow me out, you have one last test to do.” And she turned and walked out of the room.

I quickly followed after her, we walked up four flights of stairs before we entered the fourth floor. I was awestruck! The fourth floor was a gym!! There was a different type of equipment everywhere!

“Now we will do the next test, follow me.”


It was exhausting. Mrs. Ong had me run on the treadmill for 20 minutes straight! Afterward, she wrote down how far I ran and my heartbeat and blood pressure. After a quick water break, I was told to do many other cardio exercises.

By the end of the test I was exhausted and extremely sweaty. It was like if I had melted. This was the first time I had sweated this much! After stretching again and wiping away my sweat. Mrs. Ong told me the test was done and my new schedule would be given after the following week.

As I walked down the stairs I could feel myself start to calm down. I was tired, but I was strangely happy. But first thing was first; once I got back to the dorms, I would need to take a shower and eat something.

I briskly continued to walk down, when I reached the lobby I could see my manager waiting in the car. I quickly ran out to the car and opened the door.

“Thanks for picking me up!” I said cheerfully

“No worries, how was the testing? It was hard wasn’t it?” The manager asked back with a slight smile.

“Yeah, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be… Was it the same for the rest of the members?” I asked curiously.

“Yeah, it was. They were so exhausted. I’m surprised you were able to come to the car. When the other girls finished their test they were so exhausted that they couldn’t walk to the car” The manager says smilingly.


When we arrived at the apartment, the manager told me to head up first. So, I walked up the stairs as quickly as my tired legs would go. When I reached the door, I could feel my legs starting to cramp. I knocked on the door and Yonghe opened the door.

“Hi, I’ve come back from that deadly test,” I said smiling

“Good thing you’re in one piece. After all, Mrs. Ong is quite vigorous.” Yonghe replied grinning “You should get showered, also your stuff is in your room”

“Okay, thanks. I’ll go get showered and changed”

I quickly walked into my room and saw that my suitcases were next to my bed. I quickly pulled out a towel, some clothes, and my face wash. It was such a hectic day! I headed to the bathroom and quickly showered.


Coming out of the shower I felt refreshed and rejuvenated. But where was everyone else?

I looked around the room and didn’t see any of them when I knocked on the bedroom doors no one had answered. There was only one more area to check. The connected room.

When I opened the door, I was blasted with sound. This was a soundproof room! The girls were dancing to an EDM song. And in the corner, there was a video game console.

The music was paused and Sohen came over.

“Were you guys practicing the song for the monthly evaluation?”

“Yeah, you should join and practice. I’ll teach you; since you’ll be performing it with us.” Sohen said

“Wait.. wasn’t I going to learn a different song then practice with you guys for the next monthly evaluation?” I asked back shocked.

I should have known… I really hoped I wouldn’t be the reason that the debut would be held back. I was knocked out of my thoughts when Sohen spoke.

“We were given an extra week extension. It should be enough for you to learn this dance, after all we’ve seen your YouTube videos.” She said smiling

 

A/N: The girls know a bit more about her! How will Sook face the challenges given to her?

Please subscribe and upvote!