Surprise

Locked Heart

Chapter 12: Surprise

A/N: Hi again!! Thank you so much for reading my story!!!


When the manager came into the room we stopped practice and gathered around her.

“Girls, I have good news!” She said with a smile on her face. “I won’t be confiscating your phones tonight.”

Hearing this we all began to cheer and clap. We could keep our phones for the night!

“Is there a reason why?” Sohen asked

“Yeah, you girls will be performing for sponsors to see if you will debut this month or later.” The manager stated. “Also, we will be taking you guys out to do some busking later this week”

“Right now we will be getting everyone’s measurements for the outfits, and the choreographer will review what you have and give feedback”


We followed the manager to the van and we drove off to the company. We passed cars quickly weaving through traffic. After the manager parked the van we were ushered to the building and up the stairs. When we arrived at the practice room we could see the older trainees also waiting in the room. We all bowed as we entered the room.

I could feel the nervousness start to build up, were we going to compete with the older trainees or for a place to debut…. That would defeat the purpose of putting us in teams since our team dynamic would need to be reworked. I could tell that my other teammates were also very nervous as well.

We all talked among ourselves when the door opened and the CEO, Mrs. Ong, the choreographer walked in. We all straightened our posture and quickly bowed to them.


“Hi, trainees. We will be assessing your dances to make sure you will be ready to perform.” Mrs. Ong said sternly, “We will also be assessing your vocal performances, treat this as your monthly evaluations.”

“Also, as Mrs. Ong has said if you do not pass the vocal or dance evaluation your position as a trainee might be affected.” The CEO added on

“Now I would like for Jong Myung’s team to start with their performance, I know you guys have practiced very hard,” The choreographer said.

A group of 5 boys stood up and walked to the middle of the room. Everyone else moved to the side of the room to watch. As the boys moved into position, the CEO, Mrs. Ong, and the choreographer got seats and sat down. Music with a mix of R&B and EDM.

(Let's pretend that they’re the group of boys)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYeEVmo8ueA


After the music stopped the boys stood in a line and waited for the critique the CEO, Mrs. Ong, and the choreographer would give. There was a short silent pause where it was all pen.

“It’s very good. A lot of improvement from your last practice.” The choreographer said. “However, the facial expression still needs to work on.”

“The formation needs some cleaning up also Dongwon, you need to make sure to move earlier since you are moving from one side to another.” The choreographer said, “Myung, your footwork is still messy, clean it up you are always half a beat earlier or later.”

“Also, Jun, make sure to stop moving after the ending pose. You are moving too quickly.”

“As Mrs. Ong and the choreographer said before, you guys are doing well.” The CEO said with a smile “Now let’s have our youngest leader’s team preform; Sohen, bring your group up.”

I could feel nervousness fill me up, I was feeling shaky. I felt a hand squeeze my shoulder and I looked to see Sohen giving me a smile. Maybe everything would be okay. As the music , I feel myself move accordingly. I made sure to make facial expressions. Everything soon became a blur, before I knew it the music had ended and we were now waiting for the critique.

(Here’s the dance)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s60rjmWhpmc


“Eun sook, you seem to have bonded with the girls quite quickly.” The CEO said smiling “I made the right choice in putting you in this group”

“Sohen, you have done a great job with introducing Eun sook to the group” The CEO replied. “Mrs. Ong anything to add on?”

“Well the formation was a bit messy. You guys should work more on formations” Mrs. Ong said with a satisfied smile.

“Make sure to watch hand movements and make sure to point your feet downward” The choreographer said. “Make sure to work on these movements before tomorrow’s class.”

“Now let’s have the final group MiMi bring your group up.”

A group of 4 girls stood up, they were really tall. Sound of bubblegum pop filled the room. The girls seemed to have a cute concept. There was a lot of small sharp movements. I was very awed; they were such great dancers. They were older than our group, and they looked very model like.

(Here’s the dance)


The CEO stood and clapped “Amazing! It was a good idea I had you guys train with 1Million studio.”

“Your facial expressions are too forced girls.” Mrs. Ong said sternly “It is very awkward for the viewers to see.”

“Your arms and legs are too stiff; you girls have good body proportions; but you need to practice Infront of the mirror.” The choreographer said.

“Now that everyone has gone and preformed, we’ll give everyone a 5-minute break to get some water and rest before we evaluate your vocals. Make sure to warm up your vocals.” Mrs. Ong said.

 

A/N: Now that the trainees have preformed their dances, here comes vocal evaluations~ YAY. Finals are finally finished!!! YAYAY! Now, just waiting for summer term to kill me~

Also I dont own the videos. They belong to their respective owners.