Sudden Change of Heart

Locked Heart

Chapter 2 Sudden Change of Heart

Light streamed into my room when I woke up, a new day. Since it was Sunday I decided that I would go onto my computer and find another song to cover. I went onto YouTube and logged in. I was noticed of that I had gotten 3 more subscribers, thus reaching 5K subscribers. I was slightly nervous when I chose Girls Generation ‘Into the New World’, I hadn’t practiced my Korean language for a long time.


Before I knew it, an hour had passed and my parents were now awake and making breakfast. I slowly made my way down humming a cheery tune, my mom had cooked me my favorite breakfast. Scrambled eggs, potatoes, and a side of steamed vegetables. It seemed that today was going to be my lucky day. Once finished with breakfast I ran back upstairs to pack some clothes into my suitcase, I just put in a few of my favorite t-shirts, pants, and accessories.

I had a gut feeling that my parents would try to stop me from going to Seoul, South Korea. My parents had never supported the fact I liked kpop; and finding out that I had applied for an audition to be a trainee, had been a blow to their pride. I knew my parents were mad but what could I do about it? It was my dream to be an idol, even though there would be many hardships waiting for me. I knew I was being really selfish, but I hope that in the future my parents would understand.


Days passed and before I knew it, it was February 23rd; tomorrow I would be traveling to Seoul, South Korea. I could lie and say I wasn’t excited, but the truth was I was over the moon the whole night.

I was going to Seoul! Where all my dreams as a singer would come true! That night I barely got enough sleep. I counted sheep, stars, everything you name it! I was wide awake, but as the clock ticked and tocked I soon fell into a peaceful slumber.


Today was the day! I was ready to rush out of bed when I saw my mother’s worried face; something was wrong and I had a feeling that I knew what the reason was. It was me, her one and only daughter. Who was ready to leave the house, it dawned to me that the one who would be impacted most with my departure was my mother.

I ran to her and gave her a bone-crushing hug, which she returned with more ferocity. I could feel tears pooling in my eyes, threatening to break through and down my face. I swallowed hard, I knew that trainee life would be hard but I knew I could endure it. I pulled away from my mother and gave her a bright smile, she grabbed one of my suitcases and helped me down the stairs.

“Eun Sook, you got to be safe. You know that?”

“Yes, mom I know. I even brought my Taser with me.”

“That’s my girl! Keep your Taser on you just in case someone tries to give you trouble. You understand?”

“Yes, mom. You do know that even though I look like a doll I fight like a demon?”

“Okay, I’ll stop worrying now. I know you’re a big girl now.”

I gave her a blank look, really? I’m getting a prep talk now? *Sigh* She really worries about me… Maybe I should have declined the offer…

When we reached the bottom of the stairs I could see my father drinking a cup of tea; he looked kind of sad. Was leaving really the right choice? He glanced up from his cup of tea and motioned for me to sit next to him; I sat down. There was a pregnant pause before he spoke up.

“You understand what you’re getting into? If you wish to choose this path I will not stop you, but you must understand that there are risks of joining the entertainment industry. You may or may not get famous or someone might try to sabotage you.”

“Father, I know what I’m doing. You have to have some faith in me, I won’t back down from what I’ve chosen. It’s my dream, even if I have to face a few hardships that is what will make me stronger.”

“I understand now, you have made your resolve. Then I will give you my blessings for your choice.”

“Father! You make it sound if I’m being married off.”

“Really? Well, it’s not like I’ll see you every day now….” my palm then met my face

“Father, my flight is in four hours. Let’s finish our breakfast and have some family time before I have to go.”

“Okay okay” he raised his hands in surrender “I guess I can’t change your mind now, can I? Well if you need anything call me”

“You know I will so don’t worry!”

The whole family finished their breakfast happily, there was an occasional chatter, but it was minimal.


A/N: It's finally summer break! That means I'll have more time to write! Yay! Please comment on your thought about this chapter! Thanks!