WELCOME TO INDONESIA

Dr. Sungyeol meets Mr. Shark

Meeting another person from the same nation in foreign land is always the best feeling.

“Woah~Nice to meet you Hoya. I am Dongwoo.” Dongwoo extended his hand for a handshake.

“I am Sungyeol. Which part of Korea are you from?”
Exchanging the friendly handshake, Hoya replied, “I am from Busan.”

Sungyeol cheerfully responded, “Well let’s join our force together to help here.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Searching in the crowd, Myungsoo finally found the name card displaying his name. He went to the person carrying his name card and introduced himself. They headed towards the office of Marine Conservation.

At the office, he was warmly welcomed by Mr. Adi Putra Wijaya, the manager of the Marine Conservation.

“It’s nice to meet you Mr. Kim. Welcome to Indonesia. How was your journey till here?”

With full sincerity, Myungsoo replied, “It was good. I can feel that Indonesia is the nice place to be. And people here are so kind.”

“Thank you Mr. Kim. You must be tired due to the travel so, you can take a rest for today. Tomorrow we will do the briefing about the project we are working on. Then, you can join our team.”

 Myungsoo was guided to a hotel where he will be a staying during his stay there.

On the way to the hotel, Mr. Hamzah, who has been with him since the airport, informed him that there was one more volunteer who is coming from Korea.

Surprised by the latest information, he asked, “Really! Where is he? When will he reach here?”

“Haha….you seem really enthusiastic to meet the person.” Mr. Hamzah said in a teasing tone.

“N..no! It’s just good to know that more people are concerned about the conservation of the Sharks and are aware about their value.”

“Oh..by the way, he was in the same plane as you and you two came together. But since he insisted on going to Plaza Indonesia of FX Mall first, so he will arrive after his short trip to the mall. You can meet him at the dinner probably.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

After getting fresh, Dongwoo, Sungyeol and Hoya planned on going around the market for a while, since they would be joining the camp only from tomorrow anyway. Entering the nearby restaurant, they looked at the menu. Since it was their first time seeing the dishes name, confusion was seen clearly in their face. So, the person in front suggested, “You should try Nasi Goreng, sir. I assure you, you would like it. We also have Soto Betawi and Rendang, which are the most liked dishes here.”

Listening to the recommendation, Dongwoo replied, “Okay, get us those items. Let’s give it a try.”

Their order was served within a few minute and the taste was…hmm…so DELICIOUS! They loved the food! Now that they were full, they asked the cashier for any suggestions where they can go for shopping. With a kind smile, the cashier said, “If you are looking for designer goods, Plaza Indonesia of FX Mall is a good choice but if you want cheap yet quality imitation goods, you can go to Mangga Dua.”

With thanks giving, they headed to Plaza Indonesia of FX Mall, since it was the nearest to their hotel.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Myungsoo’s room was not big but it had a cozy feeling and the view from there was refreshing. He liked it. As soon as Mr. Hamzah left the room giving him time to rest, he dialed an all-too-well-known number.

“Myungie. Are you alright? Did you reach there safely? Did you get any jet-lag? Did you meet the person from the office at the airport? Have you eaten?” Myungsoo had expected this from his dear brother. Though he teases his hyung that he is being like a grandpa, he likes how caring his hyung is. He is very much grateful to have such a loving hyung to take care of him.

 “Yah! Grandpa! I am good. I reached here safely and no, I din’t get any jet lag. Mr. Hamzah came to fetch me at the airport timely. And,I just reached my hotel, am going to eat after a while. Keke..don’t worry hyung. I can take care of myself now. You better take care of yourself and not fall sick in my absence, arraso!” Myungsoo threatened jokingly.

Sunggyu retorted, “Yah, I am your hyung!”

“Says the one who keeps on whining like a child! Take care hyung! I am going to be fresh. Bye!”

 

 

When Myungsoo came out of the shower, there was a knock at the door. Curious who might it be, he opened to see a gorgeous boy with petite figure and seemed to have come out of the designer magazine.

“May I help you with something.” Myungsoo asked.

“You must be Myungsoo right who came from Korea for the project.”

“Yeah. That’s me. But how do you know my name…” Myungsoo asked confused.

“Oh..Mr. Hamzah told me that you are in this room. My room is opposite to yours. By the way, I am Lee Sungjong. Here for my college project.”

“Ah..so you are the one. Nice to meet you.” Myungsoo shifted a bit to let him in.

Getting inside the room, Sungjong commented, “Your room has got a nice view.”

“Thanks. So, how was your shopping?” Myungsoo remembered Mr. Hamzah’s words.

Eagerly Sungjong replied, “It’s one of the best arcade I have visited! You can get A-One designer goods there. You should check out once!”

Chuckling a little, Myungsoo asked, “Is it far away from here?”
 

“No. It’s just a 20 min ride by cab.  You will be able to make out for dinner if you will go now.”

“As I have already freshened up, I better leave then.”

“Sure, see you at the dinner then.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

At the mall:

Dongwoo and Hoya went in the clothing section of the mall. They were glad to find such a huge variety under a single roof while Sungyeol was not interested in them. He felt that clothes just need to be comfortable. He wanted to buy something practical, so he headed towards the gift shop. While he was in Indonesia, he wanted to buy some souvenir for his parents. He was going through all the sections while one particular item caught his attention. It was a set of blue cups with the handle where dolphins seemed to be jumping into the cup. It was simple yet beautiful. When he laid his hands on them, some other hand was there as well.

“Oh..sorry. Y..you can have them since you laid the hands on them first.”

Sungyeol found it cute how the boy stuttered. He was watching the boy with a smile on his face until he disappeared in the next alley.

 

 


 

 

A/N:  I am back with the update..keke… Since I am from Nepal and I know nothing about Indonesia, it took much more time for the update. All the places, dishes names and even the name of the people are from the help of great Google..LOL! Anyway, if there is anything that is incorrect about the places or anything please feel free to share to me so that, I can make the corrections^^

Once again I am very much thankful to all the precious readers out there who are supporting the fic ♥ω♥ Your lovely comments motivate me a lot to write. With every single comment or subscriber, you  make a huge grin creep up my face ⊙‿⊙ 

 

And and December is going to be full of events- Sunggyu Mcing Weekly Idol, “For You” album release and Infinite Showtime. On top of that there would be season greetings and other stuffs. Can’t wait till Dec.! But its vexing that Infinite would not be performing in MAMA  o.o  and our Yeolie is going back to jungle…huhu… As much I want him to be casted in more and more varieties and realities, I also want him to rest for a bit! Yeolie take care of yourself and have fun with your beloved monkeys ^_~ And if you have hard time in Panama, remember Infinite and Inspirits will always be there to support you! Sungyeol fighting! Infinite fighting!