INTRODUCTION

Dr. Sungyeol meets Mr. Shark

Sungyeol and Dongwoo are best friends who passed Seoul National University with flying colors.  Being the top student of the college, Sungyeol immediately got the job offer at Seoul National University Hospital. Dongwoo too soon got the job at some other hospital. Things were going well for both of them. They had good jobs, reputation, money and all one would have to work so hard to get. But, if we compare the life style of these two, the difference is exactly about the difference between Earth and The Sky. Dongwoo used to ride Skoda Superb whereas Sungyeol had Hyundai Eon. Dongwoo lived in a big apartment fully furnished with latest appliances all over. But, Sungyeol still lived in one small apartment with one bedroom, one living room and one kitchen. Whenever Dongwoo went for sleepover in his house, he had to use the couch in the living room to spend his night.

Dongwoo really worried about his friend. Actually Sungyeol earned more than Dongwoo but any other people who didn’t know him closely would think that he was doing some low salary earning job. Once he mistakenly saw the bank statement of Sungyeol lying on the desk carelessly. He was shocked with what he found because he had withdrawn huge amount of money three times in the same month and still he was having ramen the other day saying he ran out of money. Out of curiosity when Sungyeol appeared in the living room with two cups of coffee, he immediately bombarded him with the questions, “Yeolie, why did you take out 45 million won within this month? Are you going through some problem? Do you have to pay any loans? Please you can share any hardships with me Yeol, after all we have been best friends since our high school. Are some people blackmailing you?”

Sungyeol stood stunned with the sudden flood of questions so, he remained silent for a while. This created more doubt in Dongwoo so, he asked again, “Yeolie, where did 45 million go?”

“I donated” was the simple answer Dongwoo got.

“W…what you donated 45 million won! Are you out of your mind! Whom did you donate that much money?” Dongwoo was sure his best friend has gone crazy.

“I donated 20 million for the children of Earthquake victims of Nepal and remaining for the people in Chile who had to go through the similar pain.”

“Who in the world would donate in such a way to not have a pocket-money for own self? I know that you like to donate & have seen you donating previously here and there but this is crazy! Think about yourself too, buddy!”

Sungyeol was a kind-hearted & charitable person. “Hyung, I have an apartment to live, a decent job to make my living but if you see those people you can see how much they are suffering to fulfill these basic necessities.”

Dongwoo could not say anything against that.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Sunggyu saw that Myungsoo was working on something but wondered what he was doing. After finishing cleaning the dishes, he came out to where his brother was. “Myungie, what are you doing?”

“Ah, hyung! See this cute lady bird. I think it’s injured, it can’t fly. So, I was trying to make it sit properly. When it will regain its strength, it can fly back to its home then.”

Sunggyu tried to reason, “Okay, let’s leave it here safely!”

“No hyung! How can you be so merciless! If we leave it here, other big insects will EAT IT! I am going to take it to my room & give it shelter until it will be able to fly again”, Myungsoo protested loudly.

Listening his dongseang’s screech, Sunggyu thought momentarily that he was about to commit one of the biggest sin leaving the poor soul out there. So, he just nodded his head.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

In Sunggyu & Myungsoo’s college cafeteria:

Sunggyu was sulking in his seat with the food in front of him. Suddenly he felt a hand wrapped around his shoulder. Alarmed when he looked up, he met eyes with the person whom he wanted to be with most right now, his greasy boyfriend, Nam Woohyun.

Letting out a long sigh, he started to let out his frustration, “Hyunnie! What to do with my brother? He is very very kind-hearted. People may think that it’s a good thing but it’s really troublesome for me. Our parents have already given up hope but I can’t just sit here still, letting my poor baby suffer from the fierce truth of this harsh world.”

Woohyun was pretty much familiar with the behavior of the younger one. Patting his boyfriend’s back comfortingly, he asked, “Now this time what did he bring home, an animal? A bird? Or an insect?”

“Today morning he brought a pigeon home. Its wings were wounded.”

That was enough for Woohyun to understand the situation. “He will one day get his reward for his kind deeds, Gyu. Don’t worry much.”

“I hope he will be safe from the cruelty of the people. I don’t want that ajumma-incident to repeat.”

Woohyun clearly remembered the said incident.

Sunggyu and Woohyun were in their living room doing their assignment when Myungsoo dashed into the room & immediately hid in his room. While they were still bewildered by the sudden intrusion, they heard a loud rambling from outside. When they went out to find out about the ruckus, they found a middle aged woman with a sharp nose & raged eyes blabbering some incoherent words.

Trying to know what actually had happened, Sunggyu politely questioned, “Mam, is there something I can help you with.”

“Just hand me over that kiddo who tried to kidnap my baby!” She shouted speech filled with venom.     

Sunggyu knew that she was talking about Myungsoo but the accusation she made was illogical. His baby brother would never ever dare to hurt anyone. “KIDNAP! Mam, I think there is a misunderstanding. Can you please tell us in detail what had happened actually?”

Seeing the hesitation in the lady, he tried again, “If we found him guilty, we will hand him over to you and you can punish in whatever form you want. That’s my promise.”

After the promise, the lady tried to cool down a little and control her rage. “My baby was playing in the yard and suddenly, it was out of my sight. I searched for her everywhere and finally I saw her being kidnapped by that kiddo. When I approached him, he tried to run away with my baby. It’s good that I hit him with the stick nearby and he fell so, I could get my baby back, else he would have taken her away from me. Now call him out so that, I can take him to the police.”

Sunggyu was sure that there was some kind of misunderstanding. So, he called Myungsoo to know the full thing. As soon as she saw Myungsoo, she pounced upon him shouting, “You kidnapper!”

Sunggyu and Woohyun had hard time getting her off of Myungsoo. When he saw some bruises in his brother’s arms and some in his cheeks, the soft Sunggyu was far-gone, now there was a ferocious hyung protecting his dongseang.

“Behave yourself lady. How dare you hurt my brother in front of me. I called him out so that, I can know his part of story not to hand over him to you. I am sure my brother has not done any of the things as mentioned by you. Now let us listen to his part of story!”

This outburst made the lady weak in her knees while it gave huge support to Myungsoo. With the new found confidence, Myungsoo started, “I was just passing by an alley when I heard a cat meow. When I went closer, I saw that it was trapped in the garbage-bin so, I freed it and thinking it was some homeless cat, I wanted to bring her home but the ajumma took it in the wrong way  and I was hit with the stick and accused of kidnapping. If I had known that she had owner, I would have been glad to take her home.”

“So your baby happens to be a cat!”, Woohyun was amused.

“You careless lady. You are the one to blame. You let the cat out of the house and when my kind-hearted brother helped her, instead of thanking him you came all the way here to get back on him! I can’t believe you hurt my brother. Do you see the bruises you have created in his arms and his pretty face!” Sunggyu was beyond outrageous.

Realizing her mistake, she apologized to them and wanted to get away from the scene as soon as possible but was taken aback by a voice, “Ajumma, I think she got dirty since she fell in the garbage-bin. Please wash her up properly and next time while you play with her, make sure she is around your eyes.”

She could only nod and increase her speed. How could he even think of the cat when he himself was in need of first-aid!

Yes, Myungsoo could surely get into many troubles with his generous personality. And, Woohyun could understand his brother’s worry.

 


 

   A/N: Finally the first chapter is here! I hope you are not disappointed with it~ If there are any suggestions or comment or anything please don’t hesitate to comment ╰(°ㅂ°)╯ 

 

Anyway, I am dying right here due to cuteness overflow of Dr. Yeol ♡♡♡  Wish he would get more recognition through this drama! But he looks so skinner due to over load of schedules L  Yeol ah, take care of yourself nae^^