BLISSFUL NEPAL ♥

Dr. Sungyeol meets Mr. Shark

The next day, they moved to their designated places. Sungyeol went to the mid west to Sindhupalchowk which was the most devastated area during the earthquake. Still the place had not come back to its original form so, the people over there were happy that health camp was launched in the place.

On the other hand, Myungsoo moved to the Terai region. He directly headed to Chitwan National Park, which is one of the World Heritage Site of Nepal along with Everest National Park. It also holds the record of tallest grassland in the world.

Mr. Suman Shrestha welcomed the guest warmly who was in charge of the National Park. The first night, Myungsoo was able to witness the Tharu Naach (traditional dance by the locals) which was very ethnical. He was fascinated by the dance, their costume, the jewelleries they worn, and the warm welcome. The Thakali food there was the best.

He captured all of those events in his Canon so that he could share his experience with Sungyeol when they meet.

The next day, he was taken for a tour around the jungle by Mr. Ramkumar who was his guide for the day. Elephants were the major means of transportation inside the territory. When they reached the dense part of the forest, they were able to see One-horned rhinos, many tigers, gharials, beautiful peacocks and many other extinct birds. Mr. Ramkumar mentioned that Nepal has one of the largest concentrations of Royal Bengal Tiger in the world after India and Bangladesh. The second largest population of One-horned Rhino is also found here.

Myungsoo had a hard time remembering all the names of different species of birds found there because there were a lot! At this, the guide chuckled and said, “Sir, Nepal has 8% of total species of birds found in the world. You will need some months to memorize the entire species name!”

Myungsoo felt a bit shy and replied, “Ah..yeah!”, scratching his non-scratchy head.

While Myungsoo was crossing the river riding in the elephant’s back, he saw two gharials (a species of crocodile) opening their mouth as wide as they could. Myungsoo’s heart dropped a beat thinking if the gharials would bite the elephant and if the elephant falls on the river, they would fall as well, then they would be a big lunch for all of those reptiles. The sharp teeth of the mentioned animals made Myungsoo hitch on his breathe. But the elephant and gharials crossed each other like two neighbors! When they were out of the river, Myungsoo turned back to see the pair of gharials taking a sun bath. Their scales shone brightly in the sunlight making them seem so beautiful rather than dangerous. Ramkumar told him that the only natural breeding ground of the Long Snouted Gavial crocodile exists in Nepalese river.

 

Mr. Suman and Myungsoo were taking a stroll in the sidelines of the forest while the Officer shared him his experience of working there. He began, “During 70s, there were less than 80 rhinos in Nepal. Now we have more than 500 remnants. This is undoubtedly an excellent result in the context of global wildlife conservation record. In 25 years of conservation work, Nepal has managed to save Blackbuck from extinction, increase a very good tiger population, bring back endangered wildlife species such as Gharial, Indian bison, wild buffalo and many others to a healthy and viable population.” A proud smile was decorating Mr. Suman’s face.

Myungsoo was impressed with the achievements as well. “So, Suman jee, could you please enlighten me about the approaches you made to attain this success.”

(Jee in Nepal is similar to sshi in Korean.)

“Love towards nature and rising public awareness in the local community is the major aspects while doing these things. You can make lots of rules but if you don’t explain the people about the necessity to follow them, they are not going to put that in practice. Let me tell you, Nepal is the leader of community forest campaign in the world.” Myungsoo was listening intently. “Not only here, if you see in the mountain region, Multi conceptual Park Management System was successfully implemented in Annapurna Area and now ACAP is the world model for conservation and sustainable development.”

Myungsoo was glad to have chosen Chitwan National Park for his visit.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

The 5 days trip to the Park was filled with thrill, excitement and so much fun. Today was the day for his dispatch so, he was preparing his luggage to make a move.

 

BUT

 

There was a knock at the door. Myungsoo thought it must be some people from the hotel so, he shouted, “Come in” without turning his back. Two firm hands made a round in his waist and a chaste kiss was pasted in his neck from behind. Myungsoo was too stunned to make any move but when he got his mind back, he yanked the arms and pushed the stranger so hard that he fell on the floor making a hiss.

“Ouch..my little kitty has become so fierce and strong!” The person on the floor said rubbing his elbow.

“Yeollie, omo! I am so sorry! So sorry! Does it hurt real bad?” Myungsoo’s voice was full of concern while he was rubbing the badly bruised part.

Since Myungsoo was busy taking care of his right arm, Sungyeol caressed Myungsoo’s cheeks with his left hand.

“I missed you so much, Myungie. You are so beautiful.” Sungyeol was entranced at Myungsoo’s face.

“Yah.” Myungsoo stood up leaving the astounded Sungyeol at the ground. “First, you scare me by the back hug and now when I am asking you about your wound, you don’t even listen to me!”

“Ah…” Sungyeol understood that Myungsoo was just concerned for him and not really angry. The cute boy’s ways of expressing his feeling are very familiar to him now.

“It’s okay, Myungie. These bruises are nothing. I am so happy to see you after so long.” Sungyeol tried to hug his lover but the younger didn’t give in as easily. He left the open arms of Sungyeol hanging in the air and turned to pack his luggage.

Sungyeol was a bit disheartened by the action but when Myungsoo came to him with a hansplast in his hand and a scowl in his face, Sungyeol understood that Myungsoo was sorry for his action.

Myungsoo quietly put on the tape on the scratch and hugged the tall choding. “Sorry Yeollie. I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

Sungyeol was amazed by how sensitive Myungsoo becomes at times but anyway he was enjoying the warmth of the hug. After a while, they broke the hug and Sungyeol whispered, “No need to worry, Myungie. It’s a simple bruise. Don’t feel bad for that. I know you didn’t mean to hurt me, you were just startled. You can never hurt anyone.” Sungyeol kissed the sad boy which made his lips curve upward. Since they met each other after so long the kiss went on for a little longer. It was sweet, they were pouring all their feelings to each other.

When they got back to normal breathing, Myungsoo was curious, “Um! How come you are here all of a sudden?”

“I wanted to give you a surprise!” Sungyeol beamed. “By the way, I know why you chose Nepal as your place your visit. You wanted to meet your hyungs right! I heard Nepal is one of the best habitats for Snow Leopard.”

Myungsoo was confused at this. “What are you even saying?!”

“You are a kitty so, leopards are your hyungs, simple!” Sungyeol shrugged.

“Yah!” Myungsoo yelled back but he came up with a counter reply immediately.

“I was thinking of paying your relatives a visit as well, but since we are already about to return, better come next time.”

Now Sungyeol was the one asking, “What are you talking?”
“Ummm….I heard that Sukla Phanta, in West harbors of Nepal, is the world largest herd of Swamp deer. So, I was planning to…”
Myungsoo could not finish his sentence because Sungyeol was already pushing him to the bed and they were now wrestling.

“How dare you call me deer!” Sungyeol was tickling the younger.

Catching his laughter, Myungsoo replied, “Your eyes are as beautiful as that of the deer!”

This was the perfect moment for Myungsoo to rise up and lock their lips together.

 

 


 

 

A/N : I tried to include some of my experience during my visit to Chitwan National Park and some I searched in the internet. Hope you guys enjoyed it.

And, Happy New Year 2017 to everyone :)) Hope it would be a great year to each and every one of you xD

Thank you so much to everyone who was with this fic till date and encouraged me to keep going. I would like to sincerely thank each of the subscriber, commenter, upvoter and readers.

With the beginning of New Year, we have come to know that Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Woohyun and Hoya are being casted in new dramas! I am so much anticipating to see Yeol as detective and Soo in a historical role^^