CHAPTER 7

ECHO

Jessica tried to dial Taecyeon’s number over and over. She leaned her back, closed her eyes, hoping for her boyfriend to call her back. It has been two weeks since she lived here with Nichkhun. She needed to tell Taecyeon what happened. If possible, she wanted to leave this house and leave this country with Taecyeon. That was actually part of her plan. She just needed to stay here until Taecyeon agree with her. So, when the telephone vibrated in her hand, she sighed a relief through .

“hello baby” Taecyeon’s voice hit her ear.

“hello taec, where’ve you been? I kept calling you for the past 2 weeks but you remain silence. Did you get my message?” she asked.

“I did but it’s pretty crazy here. I’m sorry that I can’t return your call,” Taecyeon apologized.

“can we meet? As soon as possible.” She needed to tell Taecyeon about her condition now.

“sure. Anything for you baby.”  

“OK, see you tomorrow at our usual place.”

“OK. See you tomorrow,” Taecyeon said before ending the conversation. Jessica clutched the phone tightly. 

**************************************

Jessica walked down the stairs slowly. She slowly approached Nichkhun who was drinking his juice in the kitchen.

“Nichkhun-shi” Jessica sit while her eyes studying Nichkhun.

“can I talk?” she continued. Nichkhun looked at her with questioning eyes.

“shoot” he replied shortly.

“well, can I go out tomorrow?” she hesitantly asked.

“where are you going?” he asked. His hand reached out to a bunch of white papers on the table.

“well… actually, I need to see Taecyeon tomorrow. Since you asked me to report everything, so I just tell you that I’m going to see him tomorrow.” Jessica explained to him.

“make sure that people don’t see you coming in and out from this house. Come home early. I don’t want anything happen to you. I promised your hyung to keep you safe,” Nichkhun said. He looked at Jessica before his eyes coming back to the white papers.

“thank you Nichkhun-shi. By the way, is that a script? Woa, you’re doing fine, do you?” jessica asked while trying to look at the papers that Nichkhun held.

“that’s nothing to do with you. Remember, I don’t like nosy people,” he replied. Jessica slowly made her way toward Nichkhun. She tried to peek over his shoulder.

“jessica!!” Nichkhun warned.

“so, you’re going to screen test? Hmmm, as long as I can remember, you never act right? Why did you decide to act?” she asked, ignoring Nichkhun’s warning.

“I’m not going to answer that,” he replied halfheartedly.

“well, as a sunbae in acting world, I can teach you, you know?” sincerely, Jessica wanted to help Nichkhun. It was true that Nichkhun never act before. He’s a supermodel. Before this, many offers came, but he refused to accept. He didn’t ready to act at that time being. He did many CF and photoshoot, but never a film or drama.

“you don’t have to. I don’t need your help. I can figure out myself. Thank you for your offer sunbae-nim,” Nichkhun said.

“I just want to help,” she muttered. Silence fall between them. Jessica sat in front of Nichkhun. She started to think as she studying Nichkhun expression. That guy looked lonely. Jessica never saw Nichkhun going out during his resting day. He just stayed at home, jogging, watching TV, cooking, but never going out for dating for example. As long as she can remember, she never heard any scandal about Nichkhun. She thought that he was too careful.

“do you have a girlfriend?” that question slipped from Jessica’s mouth.

Nichkhun didn’t answer her question. He seriously kept his distance from Jessica.

“why do you seem so lonely? For such a young age, you should go out once in a while, have a girlfriend. From my observation, you enjoy shutting yourself in this house. Nichkhun-shi, you should enjoy your youth before you regret losing it,” she kept blabbering. Suddenly, he slammed the papers on the table, automatically shut Jessica’s mouth. He stood up and disappearing into his room.

Jessica shocked with Nichkhun’s reaction. She bit her tongue. She thought maybe she overboard this time.

“He’s always like that. It has been two years,” said a voice behind Jessica’s back. Jessica quickly looked at that direction. There’s a woman, standing at the kitchen cabinet. Jessica didn’t recognize who she was.

“ahjumma, may I know who are you?”

“hello, nice meeting you. I’m the housekeeper. I didn’t come for the past 2 weeks because I have some matters to deal with. Nichkhun told me about you,” she said.

“hello, I’m jessica. nice meeting you ahjumma. By the way, I noticed that the way you address Nichkhun… you know, not formal. You must know him for such a long time,” Jessica voiced out her curiousity.

That ahjumma smiled before sat beside Jessica.

“I’ve been helping this family since forever. Before this, Nichkhun lived here with his family. That was before they migrated to London. He did migrate too, but after that he came back. He decided to work here, in Korea. So I continue to take care of this house. I live nearby.” Jessica nodded her head.

“but you said earlier that Nichkhun has been like that since two years ago. Did anything happen?” Jessica can’t help but asking.

“did I say that?” she asked with a light laugh.

“well, he had a girlfriend before. They nearly engaged but I don’t really know what happen, they broke up. Khun’s condition was quite terrible at that time. He can’t really let go of that girl. After that, he didn’t really go out during his break, he spent almost of his time in this house. I’ve never seen him with other girl after that. I was quite shock when he told me that you’re going to stay at this house. Oh, did he ever tell you that never go inside that room?” ahjumma asked while directing Jessica’s attention to a room near the kitchen. Jessica shook her head. Nichkhun never told her that.

“well, never go inside that room if you don’t want to create any problem with him,” she said. Jessica nodded her head obediently.

***************************************

Jessica waited for Taecyeon at their regular S café. This café has a private room for their VIPs customers. To avoid the paparazzi, this café is the best place. Jessica glanced at her watch. She was early for her date. While waiting, her head can’t help but remembering the moment she shared with Taecyeon. She has never been really in love before. When she first met Taecyeon, it was at her bestfriend, Tiffany’s birthday party. Taecyeon was not a celebrity. Tiffany introduced her to Taecyeon. Jessica ten to be shy with someone that she liked, but Taecyeon knew how to break her shyness.

Taecyeon liked to dress simple, the way he talked was too gentle. He has tough, well build body. He enjoyed photography and he loved his freedom the most. He was the type that girls will fall in love at the moment he smiled at them.

They started being friend, and after few months, both of them started to move into serious relationship. Jessica felt she was appreciated when she was with Taecyeon. She knew many things about Taecyeon. About him was a playboy before, how bad he was. However, after becoming friend with him, she can’t help but fall for him. And now, she was madly in love with that guy.  

“hey jessi.” She saw him with his brightest smile standing by the door. Jessica stood up before running into his embrace.

“hey, what’s wrong?” he asked. Jessica didn’t answer. She quickly led Taecyeon and made him sit beside her.

“where’ve you been? Did you know how much I missed you?” she confessed. Taecyeon caressed her pinky cheek.

“I miss you too jessi. I’m sorry for not calling you.”

Her tears started to roll down over her cheeks. Taecyeon panicked when he saw the tears.

“what’s wrong? You’ve never reacted this way before. Look, I’m sorry OK. I know it’s my fault not calling and telling you my whereabout. But, you know my job do you?” Taecyeon enjoyed travel from place to place, with his camera. He did a lot of freelancing. His family owned a modeling company, just like how Jessica’s family did. In other word, both of the family was rival. However, he never involved with his family business. That’s what he told Jessica.

“there’s something that you should know,” she said.

“what’s that? You sound so serious,” he asked with his usual playful tone.

“well, I.. you know..” she hesitated.

“hmm?”

“don’t be shocked okay.”

“promise!”

“I’m pregnant.”

“what?!”

“I said I’m pregnant”

“you said you’re pregnant?” taecyeon asked, repeating Jessica’s words. Jessica nodded.

“our baby?” once again, he asked. Jessica sighed.

“who else?”

“you’re not kidding right?”

“I’m deadly serious taecyeon” she pouted.

“did your family know about this?”

“only my brother,” Jessica replied. As she talked, she glanced over Taecyeon’s face. She can clearly saw that his face suddenly changed to stony expression.     

“you know, I never expect this to happen,” he said.

“neither do I. but, it does taec” Jessica replied.

“what should we do?” Jessica held Taecyeon’s hand, trying to borrow his strength.

“I’m not ready for this. Why don’t you…” he couldn’t finish his word.

“I know what you’re going to say Taec, but I’m not going to do it. I’m not going to abort this child. Taec, this is our baby and how dare you ask me to get rid of it,” Jessica blurted. Her eyes started to become teary. She thought Taecyeon will understand her, support her decision, but he was just the same as other people.

“but jessi…”

“taec, come with me, let’s meet my father. let’s get married Taec. Or let’s go to other contry. Let’s live on our own. I’m sure we can do this” she proposed. Taecyeon didn’t move.

“jess, this is not the right time and I’m not ready into this. You know my passion and you’ll ruin your job too. Plus, our parents will never agree with this Jessica!!”

“so when are you ready? Do you want to wait until this baby coming out? Things will become worst Taec!”

“we’re not going to have that baby Jessica. I know a friend that can help us to get rid of that baby. I’m sure that he’ll keep our secret safe.”Jessica couldn’t believe what she heard. How could he want to kill his own baby.

“how could you taec.”

“Jessica, I promise that I’ll marry you, but not at this time. Please understand. And this baby, it just makes things more complicated. I promised, it won’t cause you any pain. I’ll always be by your side” He promised.

Jessica can’t stand any longer. She stood up, grabbed her clutch and left.

“Jessica!!” she stopped before looking back at Taecyeon.

“I thought you’ve changed. I thought you love me but I know now that you don’t. you don’t want this baby? Fine!! I’m ok with it. But, by the time you told me to get rid of this baby, you’re losing me too. Bye taec, don’t look for me anymore,” she said before leaving. Taecyeon glued at his seat. Part of him wanted to go for Jessica, asking for her to stay. But, another part of him wanted to let her go.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

SERIOUSLY, THIS IS MY FAV CHAPTER EVER.. PEACE