CHAPTER 6

ECHO

 

 

Jessica opened her eyes after her long sleep. Her eyes captured unfamiliar image around her. She touched the bed sheet wrapped around her. She tried to figure out, where was she and why she was here in the first place. After that, she heard soft knock on the door.

“are you awake?”

 

“oppa? Where are we?” she asked. The whole things were still puzzled inside her head. Slowly, she started to regain the memory of her running away from Seoul, walking around in the darkness, and finally standing in front of a big house. Although it was weird, but she certainly remembered someone’s voice calling for her name before she passed out last night.

 

“is she awake hyung?” asked a voice behind yunho’s back.

 

“emm. Sica, let’s have some breakfast. Your body is still weak, and you need to eat,” yunho instructed his sister. Jessica slowly stood up and followed his brother. The breakfast was already on the table when she arrived at the table. She took her seat beside yunho.

 

 

“so Jessica-shi, how do you feel?” asked someone behind her. Jessica startled as she saw Nichkhun, walking toward them.

 

“what are you doing here?” she asked.

 

“I should be the one who ask the ‘what-are-you-doing-here’ question,” Nichkhun replied. He took his seat in front of Jessica’s seat.

 

“this is Nichkhun’s house. He’s the one that found you when you fainted last night in front of his house. Well, how did you know this house?” yunho explained to Jessica.

 

Jessica puzzled with her brother’s question. “well, I was just randomly walk, looking for you know.. a guest house around this area and maybe, because I was just too tired, I passed out.”

 

Nichkhun studied her expression. “why did you look for the guest house? And where is your car?” nichkhun asked. Somehow, Jessica felt irritated with his question.

 

“why do you have to know?”

 

“Jessica, behave. Ok, now, tell me, why did you run away?” yunho started to dig out the root.

 

“aniya, I was just want to clear my head for a while. You know, like I always do,” she tried to hide the truth.

 

“jessica, I know the truth. I just want to hear it from you,”

 

Jessica shut . She kept in silence for a while.

 

“so… you know already?” she asked. Yunho nodded his head.

 

Jessica sighed before continued. “you know, I’m sorry oppa, for always putting you inside my troubles. I never give you a good free time, did I?”

 

“well, I know, dad will just kill me if he knows the news. That is why I decided to run away. And, unfortunately, I landed my in front of this guy’s house. Why in so many houses, it must be yours?” she said while looking at Nichkhun direction.

 

“maybe you’re unlucky enough to passed out in front of your brother’s bestfriend’s house,” nichkhun said.

 

“maybe,” she answered. Yunho slowly held Jessica’s hand.

 

“so, tell me what are you going to do now?” he asked.

 

“I want to keep this baby oppa. I love him and I want to keep it. I won’t change my decision even you threaten to kill me,” she said with her convincing tone.

 

“you know the risk right jessica? what if dad know about this? Where are you going to stay for next 9 months? And what Taec, did he already know about this?” yunho asked.

 

“not until now. I didn’t tell him yet. I absolutely aware about that oppa, but I don’t know how to solve it. Maybe you can figure it out for me.”   

 

  “you are just too soft to her hyung. Look jessica, you have no idea how much trouble you put your brother in. you started the problem and now, you just

leave it to him to clean the that you have left behind?” nichkhun can’t just sit anymore. Seriously yunho did not know how to educate her sister.

 

“I’m so grateful for you saving my life but, it doesn’t give you any right to tell what is right and what is not,” she said.

 

“uhuh? You think that I have no right? Huh. Fine, I will put my out of this, but I want to say this, if not because of this stubborn head, your brother will absolutely live in a good happy life.”

 

Jessica ignored Nichkhun. “oppa, I will stay away from public. Maybe somewhere where people won’t recognize me. Somewhere like here maybe?” she said while smirking her smile to Nichkhun.

 

“what? You mean, my house? That’s the worst idea I’ve ever heard,”

 

“oppa, please. Nichkhun-shi, can I stay at your house? Please3x” she said like there’s nothing happen between her and Nichkhun earlier.

 

“nope. Even you beg me, I won’t let you stay here,”

 

“but why? I’ll pay the rent.” She said.

 

“it’s not about the rent Jessica. what if people find out that we live together?” Nichkhun asked.

 

“people won’t find out. I won’t go out from this house,” she replied.

 

“seriously you do not understand about world out there at all. Plus, I don’t like you and you don’t like me either. So, living under the same roof is totally a disaster.”

 

“you don’t like me? But why? Everybody likes me,” Jessica said. Nichkhun smirked as he heard what Jessica said.

 

“I hate pretty girl, I hate whiney girl and I totally hate stubborn head girl and you have all those criteria in you,” Nichkhun confessed while his eyes glowering at Jessica.

 

“ok, stop now you two,” Yunho finally voiced out. He starred at Jessica.

 

“Jessica, we’ll find another place for you, but not this house,” Yunho exhaled before add. “this is the worst idea sica.”

 

“but, this is the most perfect place for me to hide. Oppa, dad won’t absolutely think that I am here right?”

 

“oppaaaa~”

 

“jessica, no~”

 

“oppa, pretty please~” she said with teary eyes. She knew her brother’s weaknesses.

 

“haish.. nichkhun, can we talk.” Finally, yunho gave up. Jessica secretly smiled for her victory. Both of them left her alone.

 

“khun, can you consider that? I know this is not a good idea but can you let her live here?” asked Yunho. He actually did not know how to do. Nichkhun shook his head. He can see how weak Yunho in front of his sister. That’s why he can be easily manipulated by her.

 

“hyung, I know your condition but, I can let her live here. You know the risk right?” he asked.

 

“I know but I can figure out any of the solution khun. Everything seems complicated now and you know how much I love my sister? I can’t let her live alone in her current condition. At least, if you are here, I can trust you.”

 

“but, you also know that I have problem with girls. how can I live with a girl like your sister for the next 9 months,” nichkhun retorted. He walked back and forth, tried to show how serious he was.

 

“then take this as a challenge for you nichkhun. I know that you have been avoiding this for all this time.” Nichkhun sighed. He hesitated to agree with yunho’s idea. Finally, he came up with the decision.

 

“OK, I’ll let her live here.”

*************************************

 

“jessica-shi, I allow you to live here. But, there are a few rules that you have to follow,” he said.

 

“ok Nichkhun-shi~”

 

“OK, 1) you have to mind your own business. Don’t be nosy. I live here alone for a long time and I hate people minding my business. Understand that?” Nichkhun asked. Jessica nodded her head halfheartedly.

 

“2) don’t ever go out from this house without my permission. If you want to go anywhere, tell me first. I don’t want people to gossip about us. 3) you don’t to do the housework. I have my own housekeeper. She will come every 2 days. Since you are here, and you’ll live in my sister’s room, you have to clean it yourself. Do you get that?”

 

“yes Nichkhun-shi. With all my heart, I’ll follow that,” jessica said.

 ***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

yeah, double update