CHAPTER 15

ECHO

 

Nichkhun didn’t make a lot of interference when Wooyoung talked with Taecyeon. He just sat and drank his drink. After a moment, he heard Wooyoung’s phone ringing.

 

“hey man, I’m going out to answer this phone,” wooyoung went outside. He was actually expecting for an important call. Taecyeon moved to Wooyoung’s seat.

 

“your face looks familiar,” Taecyeon said to Nichkhun.

 

Nichkhun raised his head. “I’m a model,” Nichkhun said, answering Taecyeon curiosity.

 

“No wonder your face looks familiar. Hey Nichkhun, look at that hot chick. She has been watching you since like half an hour ago. She must like you very much huh,” Taecyeon said while smiling to that girl. His hand pointed to that girl direction. Nichkhun looked at the direction that Taecyeon said for a while. That girl looked at Nichkhun and waved when she realized Nichkhun was looking at her.

 

“why don’t you go and talk to her,” Taecyeon suggested.

 

“no man, I’m good.” Nichkhun refused.

 

“what? She’s hot you know. And y. How lucky you’re Khun,” Taecyeon addressed him friendly, like they’ve been friends for years.

 

“she’s not my type” Nichkhun answered short.

 

“Wooyoung told me that you already have a girlfriend. It must be really hard huh,” Taecyeon tried to create conversation between him and Nichkhun.

 

“what do you mean by ‘hard’? what’s the problem with having a girlfriend?” Nichkhun frowned.

 

“Oooo man, you’re doing such a big mistake in your life. You know what, being in relationship with a girl means like you’re throwing your own freedom, your life, and your youth away,” Taecyeon said. Nichkhun clenched his fist. He didn’t know why but he hated the words that came out from Taecyeon’s mouth.

 

so that’s why you left Jessica in misery?’ Nichkhun thought.

 

“we’re still young man. We should enjoy what’s in front of us before we turn old.” Taecyeon stood up and approached that girl. He leaned toward that girl and whispered something to her. She smiled and stood up.

 

“hey” that girl said once she took her seat beside Nichkhun. “I’m Hyuna. I was told that you want to know me…” she said in seducing tone. Nichkhun looked at her without feeling. She took her seat beside Nichkhun leaned closer to him. Nichkhun flinched his nose. Her perfume was too strong.

 

“I think you met a wrong one miss,” he said in manners.

 

After that, Taecyeon approached both of them. “dude, I bring her to you. Hey beautiful lady, this is my friend Nichkhun and khun, this is… what’s your name again lady?”

 

“I’m Hyuna”

 

“yeah right, she’s Hyuna. She’s hot right?” Taecyeon said while his eyes locked at Hyuna’s body. Nichkhun annoyed with Taecyeon.

 

“I told you I don’t want to know her. What the hell are you doing? Get her out of here. or just enjoy for yourself,” Nichkhun replied. Taecyeon laughed at Nichkhun’s respond.

 

“cool man. I would like to but, she likes you. I’m a gentleman. I won’t steal my friend’s date,” said Taecyeon. “if you’re worried about your so called girlfriend… she won’t know about this man. We as a man should know how to keep ourselves safe,” he continued.

 

Nichkhun stood up and about to left. Taecyeon grabbed his left shoulder. “you’re such a coward Nichkhun,” Taecyeon said. Nichkhun can’t hold himself anymore. Taecyeon’s words deserved a punch. Everytime he spoke, his words reminded him to Jessica. He knew how much Jessica suffered and this guy can easily enjoy his freedom. He turned toward Taecyeon and quickly punched him on his face. Taecyeon who didn’t ready for this fell on the floor. In a blink of eyes, it turned to chaos. At the same time, Wooyoung approached both of them.

 

Nichkhun grabbed Taecyeon’s collar and made him stand. The crowd started to make a circle around them. “what the hell are you doing man?” Taecyeon said while wiping his blood on his lips.

 

“hey khun, Taec, what happened?” wooyoung asked. Both of them ignored. Wooyoung separated both of them apart.

 

Nichkhun looked at him. “Are you mad? Don’t be too ignorant because you get all the attention from the ladies,” Taecyeon continued. Nichkhun shut his eyes tightly.

 

“stop it Taec. Khun, you should go. People already started to take pictures,” wooyoung warned Nichkhun.

 

“you know what?” Nichkhun said before pausing. “Jessica did the wisest decision when she decide to left you. An angel like her won’t deserve a jerk like you,” Nichkhun continued. He can see Taecyeon’s expression changed when he said Jessica’s name.

 

“wait, how do you know Jessica?” Taecyeon said. Nichkhun didn’t want to stay there. He needed to get out as fast as he can. He made his way toward the entrance. Taecyeon followed from his back.

 

“do you think you can escape like that? I need an explanation. How do you know her?” Taecyeon kept his voice as low as possible. Nichkhun ignored him but Taecyeon squeezed his shoulder from his back.

 

“just go and enjoy yourself with that . Why you bother to know about her? When she suffered, you’re enjoying yourself with your so called freedom. So, get out of my way,” Nichkhun said.

 

“that’s how I live my life man”

 

“you son of the b****”

 

Taecyeon punched Nichkhun right after Nichkhun said that word. Nichkhun laughed. “now, we are tied.” Nichkhun said before leaving Taecyeon behind.

 

*******************************************************************************

 

Jessica can’t sleep. She tried to close her eyes and did her best but still, she can’t sleep. She didn’t know why but she felt unease. She stood up and walked outside the room. Nichkhun’s room was still empty. It’s already hours passed midnight and he’s still not at home. Jessica climbed down the stairs and sat in the living room. She switched on the TV and absentmindedly watched the midnight show.

 

Half an hour later, she heard the sound of a car outside the house. She quickly changed into sleeping position. She didn’t want Nichkhun to think that she’s waiting for him to come back.

 

Nichkhun entered the house and walked straight to the kitchen. He saw the light was still on in the living room. From the kitchen, he can see Jessica was lying on the couch. He approached her and found her was sleeping.

 

“Jessica…” he called. Jessica slowly moved and opened her eyes. She acted like she just woke up from her sleep.

 

“owh, oppa. just come back? What time is it now? Arghhh, I must be fallen asleep while watching TV,” she lied. Nichkhun switched off the TV and sat beside her.

 

“it’s 2am now. Go upstairs and sleep now,” Nichkhun said to her.

 

“so, how’s the ‘date’ with your friend? Do you meet any hot girl at the club?” she asked.

 

“so you wait for me to come back huh?” Nichkhun ignored her question.

 

“is that considered as an answer oppa? and what make you think that I’m waiting for you. You saw it yourself that I’m sleeping here,” Jessica said with her infamous pout.

 

“first, your face don’t look like you slept and your mind don’t work that good when you just wake up from your sleep,” Nichkhun explained his theory.

 

 “urgh…. Oh oppa, what’s wrong with your face?” she said as her eyes locked on Nichkhun’s swollen cheek. Nichkhun quickly covered his cheek and turned his head away.

 

“no, that’s nothing,” he replied.

 

“NO, that’s not nothing. You fought oppa? aigoo~” Jessica asked.

 

“that’s happen when 2 grown-up men meet each other in drunk condition,” he said lazily.

 

“but you don’t seem too drunk,” Jessica replied. “come, let me put the medicine. If not, the swollen will be worsened,” she continued while heading Nichkhun to the upstairs. She entered his bedroom with a first aid box in her hand.

 

“be cool OK,” she said while applying the medicine. Nichkhun looked at her. Jessica knew Nichkhun was looking at her but she ignored it.

 

“I met him,” he finally spoke.

 

“who?”

 

“Taecyeon.”

 

Jessica stopped. Her eyes met Nichkhun’s. she didn’t ask the question but Nichkhun knew that she wanted to now. Nichkhun’s hand reached Jessica’s which was still on his face.

 

“it’s enough,” he said instructing Jessica to stop.

 

“how do you guys meet? And how do you know him?” she bowed her head.

 

“it’s happen that he’s wooyoung’s friend. We accidentally met at that bar.”

 

“so, how this punching thing happened? I mean, you guys don’t know each other right?”

 

“yeah. I don’t know that was him initially. It makes me think when wooyoung introduced him to me. However, I think that there’s might be another Ok Taecyeon out there.”

 

Nichkhun paused at a moment and continued. “There’s a girl that’s been eyeing on me but I ignored. He interfered after that and brought that girl to me. I warned him but he insisted. He said that I shouldn’t be loyal to one girl. But then, he provoked me. And the rest is history.”

 

Jessica fell into silent. The words hurt her. Taecyeon seemed happy with the break up. She’s the only one who suffered. Thankfully, she met Nichkhun. He made her forget about her problems. But still, she felt awful when she knew about Taecyeon’s condition.

 

“I think I made a big mistake,” Nichkhun continued to talk when he saw her didn’t make any comment. Jessica raised her head. “I did mention that you make a wisest decision when you broke up with him. And after that his expression change. Maybe he realized which Jessica I’m talking about,” Nichkhun said with awkward laugh.

 

“so, he punched you? On this beautiful face of yours?” Jessica asked while touching his face.

 

“I punched him first,” he said.

 

Jessica looked at him and smiled. After that she did something that make both of them startled. She didn’t know but without a second thought… no, without a thought, she brought herself closer and her lips touched Nichkhun’s lips. His eyes widen as he didn’t expect this to happen. His heart jumped crazily.

 

After a few seconds later, Jessica started to realize that she just did a MAJOR mistake. She gradually moved away from Nichkhun and she didn’t dare to look into his eyes. It was an awkward moment.  Nichkhun was still in the position when Jessica kissed him. He still can’t accept that Jessica just kissed her.

 

“I… I’m sorry. It was just my… my reflex when I feel grateful,” she said. She quickly stood up and tried to get out from that room. But, before she can move, Nichkhun quickly grabbed her wrist.

 

“so, you always kiss people when you feel grateful?” Nichkhun said while stood up. He moved closer to Jessica.

 

“no… I mean yes in certain condition. I’m going to sleep n…” before she can complete her words, Nichkhun locked his lips on hers. This time, Jessica was startled. Well, only initially. After that, she started to enjoy the kiss.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Yeah, finally finish with chapter 15…

It takes me a week to finish this one.

I don’t know why but I lost my feel to write.

And hey, they kissed, again. Hope you guys satisfy with that.

I’m not that good in writing lovey dovey version of them.

I’m sorry for Hyuna’s fans. I like Hyuna, but I need her as a cameo because you know, she fits the character. Hehe, miane~