CHAPTER 18

ECHO

 

“why?” JYP asked him while looking into Nichkhun’s eyes. Nichkhun averted his glances.

 

“you still don’t want to talk about this khun? Nichkhun that I know, he’ll never do things that will give bad effect to his future. I’m sure you have a very good and solid reason why you punch him,” again, JYP persuaded Nichkhun to tell him the true story.

 

“I told you hyung, I was drunk that night. You know, when 2 drunk men met each other,” he still avoided to talk about that incident. What can he said? He punched Taecyeon because of Jessica? people don’t know about Jessica whereabout and if this thing leaked out, not only him but Jessica will be in trouble. 

 

“khun, seriously, you can talk to me. I won’t tell public about this. It’s OK if you don’t want to talk now, but I want you to go and see Taecyeon. Go and apologize,” instructed JYP.

 

“what? Me? Apologizing? Huh, I won’t do that hyung,” Nichkhun retorted.

 

“Khun, I don’t know what’s the problem between you two. But, you have to remember, Taecyeon’s father is our biggest shareholder in this agency. He owns us Khun. You can lose your job in one snap!” JYP said in serious tone.

 

“he started it first hyung. I don’t care who he is but he doesn’t deserve my apology,” Nichkhun replied. He just knew that Taecyeon’s father was one of the most influenced shareholder in the agency that he worked.

 

JYP tried not to lose his control. Nichkhun never let his guard down before. He’s someone who very dedicated to his job and JYP knew how much this job valued to Nichkhun. The incident that happened few days ago was such a nightmare for him. “Khun, we don’t want things go more complicated. We can settle this under table. He wants to see you. If you apologized, he’ll withdraw the report.”

 

“if you keep reacting like this, problem won’t solve Nichkhun. I know you love this job and you love it more that you love yourself. You want to lose this job just because of that stupid incident?” JYP tried again.

 

Nichkhun suddenly stood up. “because of his father, we have to surrender to that kind of man? Heh…. OK hyung, I’ll go and see him. I’ll apologize, for the sake of the agency and the job that I love. But I can’t promise you that I can behave when I see him.” Said Nichkhun before disappearing.

 

********************************************************

 

Nichkhun parked his car near the road. He can see Taecyeon was waiting for him. Taecyeon called to meet him at Han River Park. Nichkhun slowly made his way toward Taecyeon who just realized Nichkhun’s arrival.

 

“what else do you want?” Nichkhun asked in stern tone.

 

“let me see her?” Taecyeon answered him. Nichkhun gave him ‘who-are-you-talking-about’ look.

 

“Jessica. I’m pretty sure that you know where she is now,” again Taecyeon asked.

 

“why do you want to know about it?” Nichkhun refused to answer the question. Why would he?

 

“because there’s thing that I want to talk about with her”

 

“you dumped her and now…. you want to see her again? What a jerk,” He smirked.

 

Taecyeon turned and faced Nichkhun. “I won’t sue you if you let me see her. She’s my girlfriend and of course I can see her”

 

“girlfriend? Who? Which s are talking about?”

 

“seriously Nichkhun, I don’t want to cause a fight. Just tell me where she is and we’re done.”

 

“you expect me to tell you? Why would I? I don’t care if you want to sue me. I don’t even care if you want your dad to fire me. I’m fine. But, I won’t let Jessica go to you again. I saw her suffered and now you want to give her more pain? Over my dead body bro!! then, you can see her,” Nichkhun said. His face was reddening with anger.

 

  Taecyeon smirked and opened his car door. He took the brown envelope and shoved it to Nichkhun. “I guess I have no choice. I have to use my secret weapon,” Taecyeon said after the envelope was in Nichkhun’s hand.

 

“open it,” he said when he saw no action from Nichkhun.

 

Nichkhun opened the envelope and his eyes captured a bunch of pictures of him and Jessica. most of them are at his house. Some at the hospital, and few of them at shopping complex.

 

damn’ Nichkhun clenched his fist. “so, you know all this time that she’s with me?” Nichkhun asked.

 

“after she told the media that she wanted to pursue her study, it made me think that she want to go oversea and abort the child. So, I instructed my people to do a little research about her. I think you guys are not that careful.” Taecyeon looked at Nichkhun before continued.

 

 

“and, if this pictures goes to public, you can imagine what will happen for you… oh, not only you, but this girl also. Your future, her future will no more exist Nichkhun Horvejkul. I can make up story too. About you, her and YOUR future baby,” Taecyeon threated and laughed. Nichkhun couldn’t believe that Taecyeon can go to this extend.

 

“how could you!! I don’t believe that you… how could you do that to someone that once you loved?”

 

Taecyeon laughed. He shook his head. “I don’t remember loving her. She’s the one that too stupid to believe the game that I played. Before this I saw Jessica and her baby was a threat to me. I can see that one fine day, she’ll use that baby to destroy me. However, now, she’s a great chance for me. I have plan in my head and I need her to accomplish it. And that’s why I want her back!”

 

“I want you to know that if you ever dare to stop this plan, I’ll destroy you and her!!”

 

poor sica. why do you have to fall in love with this guy sica?’ Nichkhun’s heart said.

 

“you can destroy me. I don’t mind. not a single bit. But, if you dare to come to sica’s life again, I’’ crush you. I won’t let you see the world ever again!!!”

 

“woooohoooo~ you love her? you love that much man? That’s funny and interesting. And also a challenge for me. Wait for it Nichkhun, you won’t let me see her? I’ll find my own way to see her again.” Taecyeon said to him. He got into his car and drove away, leaving Nichkhun alone.

 

***********************************************

 

 Taecyeon smirked. His plan worked. He needed Jessica to complete his plan. Their plan. His and his father’s plan. Taecyeon remembered how angry father when he knew that Taecyeon dumped Jessica. The pictures that he showed to Nichkhun, that was originally from his father. Jessica’s and his family are rivals. They both hate each others. Taecyeon’s father’s only wish was to seize the control of Jessica’s family’s business. And both of them needed Jessica to complete that plan.

 

remember Taecyeon, if you don’t get her back, I won’t let you inherit all my inheritance. Remember that! To accomplish our plan, we need her

 

why don’t just we spread the news about her and Nichkhun? it’ll absolutely affect her father’s agency right?

 

are you stupid, Nichkhun is one of our potential model. He has huge name and can you imagine what’ll affect our company if he’s revealed. And don’t you remember? That baby is yours. We’ve to avoid any bad effect! We have to be in innocent site. Can you imagine when the ruckus starts, we’re there to save them.

 

dad, you know right? Her father hate me… really hate me. How can we use her?

 

son, you have to you use your brain. You go and get Jessica back, persuade her that you’re really sorry. Make her believes that you want her back. After, we’ll secretly make media know about Jessica’s pregnancy. Then, we’ll approach her family and they’ll no choice but accept us. We use the baby and we’ll make you marry that girl. then, you enter the family and slowly take control.

 

I’ll take time dad. Plus, I don’t want to get married. And baby? Gosh! I hate that thing,

 

that’s your baby we’re talking about Taec. You create the problem now we’ve to take advantage of that problem. Everything is going in our way son.

 

why do you hate them so much dad?

 

you don’t have to know the reason. The most important thing is, we’ll revenge to that family

 

Taecyeon replayed the conversation between him and his father. He didn’t know the reason why his father hated them so much. He really didn’t want to get involved. But, thinking of the inheritance, his father left him with no choice.

 

“I’m sorry sica, but I have to…” he said with a smirk on his face.

 

******************************************

 

Nichkhun stepped into his house. He searched for Jessica and found her sitting on the couch.

“hey, you’re back,” Jessica greeted him. He smiled and sat beside her. Jessica looked at him.

 

“I’ll get you some juice,” she said before slowly stood up. But, Nichkhun quickly grabbed her wrist. He forced Jessica to sit and quickly brought her into his embrace. Jessica couldn’t believe with his action. Was he still remembers about practice-to-be-a-perfect-family thingy?

 

“oppa?” she asked. She tried to escape. However, she failed. Nichkhun tightened his embrace, preventing Jessica from escaping. “just stay like this for a while. Just for a while please,” He said. His sorrow and sad voice melted Jessica’s heart. Jessica nodded and closed her eyes and enjoyed the moment. She can hear Nichkhun’s heart pumping against his chest. It’s like a beautiful melody, echoing inside her head. She tried to calm Nichkhun down.

 

“is it that bad oppa? are they going to fire you?” she asked after a long silence filled between them.

 

“ani… I’m good. I’m good.” He said. He was paranoid. He afraid of the fact that he’ll lose Jessica. Sooner or later.

 

“don’t leave me…” the words slipped from his mouth.

 

“what…. What oppa? why do I have to leave you?” she asked. She pushed Nichkhun away and cupped his face. “oppa, look at me” she instructed. “what happen? You’re weird you know? you make me worry”

 

 “I’m sorry to make you worry about me. It’s nothing actually. It just….”

 

“what oppa?”

 

“nothing. I was just too worry that I’ll lose my job,” he said, covering the truth.

 

“so what happen? Tell me,” she insisted.

 

“Jessica honey, don’t worry. I was just too scared and after I heard that Taecyeon withdraw the report and the company decide not to fire me, I felt happy,” he explained.

 

“and this is what you call happy? Oppa, your face looks like you have a ton of problems. You came back, with a forced smile on your face and suddenly you hug me. That’s not a definition of happy oppa.”

 

“I’m sorry again. And don’t worry I’m fine. Everything is fine” Jessica looked at him disbelief. Nichkhun stood up and held her hand. “chagiya, oppa wants to eat ice-cream. No no, I want banana split. Can you do that for me,” he said in cheerful tone.

 

“shiro!! Not until you tell me the truth. And since when you like ice-cream. That’s my thing you know.” Jessica said. Nichkhun smiled. He decided not to think about that matter for a while. He needed to stop thinking about it in front of Jessica.

 

“if you insist…” he said while bringing Jessica in bridal style to the kitchen. “oppa!!! what are you doing?!” Jessica screamed.

 

“your husband wants ice-cream. Now!” he said with his romantic voice. Jessica gulped her saliva. Jessica hated it when Nichkhun in his romantic mood. He made her heart gone crazy.

 

“put me down oppa!!”

 

“not until you agree”

 

“OK! I’ll do it. Now, put me down,” she squealed. Nichkhun laughed when he saw how red Jessica’s face now. “sit and I’ll prepare them for you,” she said.

 

“I forgot to tell you. I’m going to Japan next week.” Nichkhun said.

 

“really? So, I’ll be alone again? I’m quite afraid because it’s about a month before the due date,” Jessica said.

 

“I know. don’t worry, we’ll have Ahjumma to stay here with you,” Nichkhun replied.

 

Nichkhun left Jessica with her ice-cream. When he was about to sit, he heard the bell rang. “I’ll get that,” he said before went to the main door.   

 

*************************************************************

 

Nichkhun opened the main door and his eyes widened with shock his eyes met the guest who’s smiling brightly in front of him.

 

“mo.... mom…”

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jeng jeng jeng……

Cliffhanger again right? Hehehe

and hey, i brought Nickhun's mother  into character

hope things went well for Khunsica

Happy reading guys ;P