CHAPTER 14

ECHO

 

 

It was quite that evening. Jessica sat on the couch while her hand busy flipping over the fashion magazine. Although she can’t go outside, she always updated herself with fashion world through magazine and internet. Sometimes, she watched fashion shows through TV. When she got the mode, she can design her own cloth. For the past few months, she had been designing a lot. But, she still didn’t have any courage to show to anybody.

 

Nichkhun climbed down the stairs and saw Jessica in the living room. “hey” he greeted. Jessica rise up her chin and smiled at him as he halted a few feet from her. 

 

“you look handsome today. Going out?” she asked. Nichkhun nodded as he checked his phone.

 

“well well well… good move my friend. Having a date huh?” said Jessica. She stood up and approached Nichkhun.

 

“let me see,” she said as she encircled Nichkhun and studied his appearance. She put her hand on her chin, acting like she’s observing his appearance.

 

 

“hmmm… good sense of fashion… check for that.” Her hand touched Nichkhun’s cloth. “good style oppa. Just nice and eyes catching…”

 

“of course I have good sense of fashion. I’m a model FYI” Nichkhun informed her. Jessica nodded her head. then she continued observing Nichkhun.

 

“your hair style look nice… check!. You know what, your hair styles show your own personalities. And remember, if you know how to match your styles with the event, you’ll become highlight of the day…”

 

Her hand reached Nichkhun’s flawless face. “you’re handsome oppa, but there’s something insufficient here,” she stared at him. Nichkhun didn’t make any comment. In fact he wanted to laugh on how serious Jessica was.

 

“what am I lacking?” he asked.

 

“a smile.. you know oppa, you have a wonderful smile. Smile and that girl will fall for you in a second” Jessica said. 

 

“tell me something that I don’t know Jessica” Nichkhun said proudly. Jessica pouted.

 

“I’ll share you some tipswhen you go for a date. I’m sharing with you since you don’t go for a date for a long time already. Well…” Nichkhun stopped her before she started her talk. “OK, first, I’m not going out with a girl. I’m meeting my friend and he’s a guy. Second, if I’m seeing a girl, I have my own charm. I don’t have to hear any dating tips from you,” said Nichkhun.

 

“Oh, why don’t you tell me earlier… where are you going to see him?” Jessica asked.

 

“a pub”

 

“well, use that chance oppa. there must be a lot of beautiful girls hanging out at that pub right. Use your charm to catch one girl OK.”

 

“I don’t have to do that. Girls will naturally fall for me even though I do nothing to attract them,” once again Jessica pouted. Annoyed with Nichkhun’s confidence tone.

“uhuh? You expect me to believe that? I never attract for you since I live here with you. Not even once,” Jessica said. OK, actually she lied. Nowadays, she can’t directly look into Nichkhun’s eyes. Her heart will go crazy once those beautiful eyes locked into hers. But, she said that to challenge Nichkhun.

 

Nichkhun looked at her disbelief. He moved toward Jessica and slowly leaned forward. Closer and closer until there was only an inch apart. Jessica can feel Nichkhun’s warm breath on her face. She tried to look as cool as possible. ‘calm down sica, calm down. Act like nothing happen’ she monologue.

 

Her heart beat like crazy.And her little heart felt like jumping when Nichkhun’s hand reached down and pushed a strand of hair out of her sight. “and you say that you aren’t attracted to me? judging from your expression right now, I think you’re wrong…” he said with a light laugh.

 

“I have to go. I’m going to be late. Don’t stay up late. Drink your milk and go to sleep early OK. If anything happen, call me,” he said.

 

Jessica sat on the sofa. Her hand was on her chest. She still can feel that her heart was beating crazily. She took a deep breath, tried to cool herself down. Now, she had to admit that Nichkhun’s great in seducing people.

 

***********************************************

Nichkhun entered the K Pub and searched for Wooyoung. He promised to meet him at this pub. They always hung up at this pub in the past. After Wooyoung went to Japan, he rarely back to Korea. From afar, Nichkhun saw Wooyoung was waving at him.

 

“hey man, long time no see,” said Wooyoung while giving him a friendly hug. Nichkhun took his seat beside Wooyoung and ordered his favorite drink.

 

“how are you? Haven’t seen for a year right?” Nichkhun asked. Wooyoung answered him with a light nodded. “I’m great.”

 

“are you coming back for good?” Nichkhun asked.

 

“well… I plan to but you know… I still have things to settle in Japan” Wooyoung said.

 

“what about you? I saw you doing great in Korea? Everytime I opened a fashion magazine, I won’t miss seeing your picture” Wooyoung tapped Nichkhun’s shoulder.

 

“well, better than before as you can see,” he said.

 

“what about your love life? Still heartbroken? It’s already 3 years right?” Wooyoung knew, Nichkhun was a loyal type. He never saw Nichkhun dating other girl after Victoria end-up their relationship.

 

Nichkhun smiled. “well…” Nichkhun stopped and gulped down his drink. “actually, Victoria’s back,” he said. Wooyoung raised his eyebrows.

 

“you met her?”

 

“no. she met me. She came to my house… with a completely different story”

 

“what do you mean with ‘complete different story?’”

 

“for all this long, she’s been lying to me…” Nichkhun took a deep breath before spilling what happened to Victoria.

 

“so, you believe in her story?” asked Wooyoung.

 

“I asked Krystal about this. Seems like she’s right”

 

Wooyoung tapped Nichkhun’s shoulder and smiled. “so, what are you waiting for? You still love her right? Go grab her back.”

 

“I don’t know… I mean I’m not sure with my own feeling now. I know this is not her fault. She lied to me for my own sake. After she left, I do miss her. I mean like REALLY missed her. but after the time past, that feeling seems faded away,” Nichkhun spoke his heart. Wooyoung looked at him with interest.

 

“OK. I still remember your answer when I asked you with the same question few months back and your answer now is completely different. Seems like you started to forget Victoria. So, is there something that I missed here my friend?” Wooyoung asked. He knew Nichkhun and Nichkhun that he knew was always loyal to Victoria. He remembered asking the same question a few times to Nichkhun but his answer was always the same.

 

“someone already fill the empty space that Victoria left right?” Wooyoung continued to ask.

 

Nichkhun smiled as he heard Wooyoung question. He didn’t know why but as he heard the question, his mind quickly thought of Jessica. “ooooo man, you’re smiling. Can I assume that your answer is yes?”

 

“hey, I don’t say anything man,” Nichkhun replied shyly. Truthfully, he never thought about his feeling toward Jessica. the only thing that he realized was when Jessica was around, he felt good.

 

“khun, I know you for nine years already. I know you more than you know yourself. Your body language told me everything.”

 

“so what my body language says?”

 

“from my observation…. Hmm… it says that my friend is in love. It just that he doesn’t realize that he’s in love now. So, tell me who’s that lucky girl”

 

Nichkhun fell into silence. He didn’t know what to say. “I can’t say that I’ve fallen in love. But, with her existence, she makes my days better,” he honestly said that.

 

“I’ve been living with her plus minus 7 months already. She’s in difficult condition that I can’t explain. At first, I hate her. She’s a nosy girl and always disturbs me whenever she has the chance.”

 

“you, Nichkhun Horvejkul, living with a girl?” Wooyoung asked in disbelief.

 

“it’s hard to believe right… but it happened bro” Nichkhun said with a light smile on his lips.

 

“what happened to her?”

 

“OK, she had problem with her boyfriend and get pregnant. Her family can’t accept her decision to keep the baby and she left her family just because to protect her decision.”

 

“so, why she end-up living with you?”

 

“because she can’t just living like a normal people. She’s a sister of my favorite hyung.”

 

“she’s a public figure? A celebrity?” Nichkhun answered with a light nod.

 

“and who is that girl?” Wooyoung can’t wait to know who’s that girl.

 

Nichkhun hesitated to tell Wooyoung but he knew, Wooyoung won’t go around telling public about this story. Then, he said, “jessica jung”

 

“the only Jessica Jung that I know is that famous actress… man, I really like that girl” Wooyoung stopped and looked upon Nichkhun. “khun. Don’t tell me that she’s that girl…”

 

“I’m afraid to admit but yes, she is that Jessica Jung”

 

Wooyoung fell into silent. He tried to put Jessica’s image in Nichkhun’s story. He knew it’s hard to believe that story, but he had to. “I still can’t believe…” he finally talked.

 

“neither do I,” Nichkhun replied.

 

“hey man, Wooyoung right?” said a man that just sat beside Wooyoung. Wooyoung looked at him. “hey Taec. Man, how are you?”

 

“great as ever. When did you come back?”

 

“just a few days ago. Waa, great to see you here,” said wooyoung.

 

“And, who’s that?” Taecyeon asked as he saw Nichkhun beside Wooyoung.

 

“let me introduce. Khun, this is my friend Ok Taecyeon. And Taec, This is Nichkhun Horvejkul, my best wingman.” Taecyeon offered a hand shake and Nichkhun accepted. Nichkhun’s expression looked serious. He didn’t know why, but he suddenly reminded of Jessica.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

hey, because i feel soooooo good with the comments and i'm gaining more readers, i decide to update today...

well, tq for the comments guys.. really appreaciate that..

well, i made wooyoung as Nichkhun's bestfriend here...

i'm going to expand Taecyeon's character afterward...

here you go, chapter 14