CHAPTER 17

ECHO

 

Jessica opened her eyes and yawned. She looked around her room and started to think. ‘did I originally sleep in my room last night?’ she asked herself. When she tried to stretch her right hand, she felt something was holding her hand. To be correct, someone’s hand was on her right hand. She turned to her right and found Nichkhun who was still sleeping.

 

Jessica’s heart beat crazily as she realized how closed they were now. She pushed herself to sitting position before slowly released her hand from Nichkhun’s loose grip. ‘Maybe he’s the one who brought me upstairs.’ She murmured. Her hand moved down and pushed a strand of hair out of Nichkhun’s beautiful face.

 

He looked calm. As always.

 

Jessica stood up slowly. She didn’t want to wake up Nichkhun. She pulled the quilt and covered Nichkhun’s body. He must be exhausted with what happened.

 

‘let’s cook something Jessica,’ she said happily.

 

After refreshed herself, she quickly made her way to the kitchen. Ahjumma told her last night that she can’t come today. So, she’s the one who’s in charged in cooking today.

 

‘so, what’s are we going to make today baby?’ she patted her belly, like communicating with her baby.

 

‘let’s take a look in the fridge. Hmmm….’ She said while observing the content of the refrigerator.

 

‘baby, we have some chicken, hmm, we have salad too… toooo many veggies and fruits here. Some cheese that mommy likes. We have ready-made pizza but I’m not cooking that. What else do we have? Wait… I have to cook oppa’s fav dish. But the problem is, I don’t know his favorite food. Aigoo sica, you’re practically live with him like a year now but you don’t know what he likes and what doesn’t,’ she said to herself. From her observation, Nichkhun ate whatever food that ahjumma cooked. He’s not that picky. However, today is special treat. Jessica needed to cook something that he really wanted to eat.

 

‘think jessica think,’ she said.

 

‘aha!! Let’s ask Mr. Google. Heh, everything is in your palm today,’ she said while browsing the internet in her smart phone. She quickly typed ‘Nichkhun’s favorite food’ in the search tab. Then she hit the search icon and in a blink of eyes, she got the answer. She chose the first one from khunstar.com (kredit goes to this website.. I really do google khun’s fav food… teehee~)

 

‘waa~ baby, your uncle really does have tons of fans outside’ she said with big grin. She scrolled down the page until her eyes met the information that she wanted.

 

Thai food… but I have to love kimchi here… kimchi is good though’ she read the sentence loudly. ‘Thai food? I didn’t know how to cook Thai Food. And kimchi? I can’t serve kimchi alone. I needed something else.’

 

The she tried another website. Looking for another clue. ‘there’s no food that I don’t like

 

‘haish!!! Be specific you paboo~’ Jessica shriek. ‘aigoo~ miane baby,’ she said while patting her belly. She then continued with her reading.

 

Not being bias or whatsoever but I think Pad Thai is still the best’ (he said this in WGM I guess)

 

‘Pad Thai? What is Pad Thai?’ Jessica asked herself. ‘I just search for the recipe. I think if I follow the instruction, I can do it well,’ she said with full of confidence. She quickly searched for the recipe. Then, she observed the recipe. ‘it’s not that hard. I think I can handle it. Let’s see whether we have the ingredients or not,’ she said without losing her confidence. Again, she checked the ingredients in the fridge. Luckily, she had everything that she needed.

 

‘better start now before oppa wake up,’ she continue to do her work. First, she soaked the rice noodles in cold water and left it on the table. She needed to wait until the noodle soft. Meanwhile, she worked on other ingredients. She took the chicken from the fridge and washed them before slicing in nice size. Jessica moved back and forth. Once in a while, she looked at her phone, reading the recipe before continue cooking.

 

After an hour in battlefield, she finished her cooking. She served on a big serving plate and decorated it with some chilies on it. Judging from the look, she thought that it was a success. But, she didn’t know about the taste. She had never tried Pad Thai before and she had no idea about the taste. It fit her taste bud but she didn’t know whether it fit Nichkhun’s. Nichkhun’s from Thailand and maybe he tasted Pad Thai thousand times in his life.

 

“what are you doing?” Jessica startled as she heard Nichkhun greeting her behind her back. She quickly covered the Pad Thai that she made with the cover.

 

“oh oppa. Sit, I cook breakfast for you,” she said. She asked Nichkhun to take his seat. She placed an empty plate in front of him.

 

“where’s ahjumma?” Nichkhun asked when he realized that ahjumma wasn’t there.

 

“she’s not coming this morning. She told me last night that she needs to go to somewhere today,” Jessica explained.

 

“coffee or tea?” she asked Nichkhun.

 

“coffee,” he said while his eyes following Jessica’s action.

 

“what’s that?” he asked while his finger pointing toward the plate.

 

“I cooked something for you. It’s Pad Thai…” she said while opening the cover. Nichkhun’s looked happy when he saw his favorite Pad Thai. He quickly reached the serving spoon.

 

(this is Pad Thai... hey khun, i love Thai food too!!!)

 

“I’m not sure about the taste because I never tasted it before,” she said in hesitation. Nichkhun put it into his mouth and chewed it slowly. Jessica looked at him and waited for his comment. She’s nervous. She never felt like this before. It’s like waiting for the judges to comment about your reputation.

 

“so…” she can’t wait.

 

“noodles… I think you soaked them too long. The taste… it’s flat. You should put more ingredients. And I like it spicy,” said Nichkhun. Actually, the taste was good… no it was awesome considering someone amateur in cooking Thai food like Jessica cooked this Pad Thai. He just wanted to .

 

“chincha? Is it that bad? So, it’s a failure?” she asked in disappointment. She lost her appetite.

“why do you cook this? Do you know what does it called?” he asked.

 

“Pad Thai. Am I right? Actually, I want to cook something that you like. You’ve been in hard time this few days. So, I think, I can help with feeding something that you really like.”

 

“and how do you know that I like Pad Thai?”

 

“ahjumma told me…” she lied. She’ll never tell him that she spent about an hour looking for his favorite food in the internet.

 

Nichkhun continued to eat his Pad Thai. “oppa, don’t eat it,” Jessica quickly warned him.

 

“wae?”

 

“it’s not good. I’m ruining your favorite food taste now. I’ll cook something else for you,” she said. When she’s about to stand up, Nichkhun held her hand.

 

“it’s good. I just want to tease you earlier. Well, this is your first time cooking this and considering that, I think the taste is good. Well, there’s still room for improvement. And make a mental note, whenever you cook Thai food for me, remember to make it spicy,” Nichkhun said to her.

 

“aigoo~ I don’t like your joke today oppa. I spent an hour to prepare this and you said that to me,” she frowned. Nichkhun’s laughed when he saw her cute face.

 

“aigoo~ baby, our mummy is so cute.” The word slipped from his lips. Nichkhun didn’t realize that but Jessica did. Jessica startled when she heard the ‘our’ word slipping from his mouth. She looked at Nichkhun who’s still enjoying his flat-taste-Pad Thai. She couldn’t help but imagine how wonderful if Nichkhun’s the father of the child in her belly. She can clearly imagine Nichkhun as her husband, sitting across the chair, waiting for her to cook the breakfast while teasing their little baby.

 

“Jessica!” Nichkhun’s voice brought her back into reality.

 

“what’s wrong? Did I say something that bothered you?” he asked with concern. She shook her head.

 

“aniya~ it just… I’m happy to look how happy you’re. Although you just enjoying my cooking, I feel happy. I wish that someday, I’ll have a complete family that I can care about. When I wake up, my husband is beside me, waiting for me to wake up. Cooking, doing homework… preparing them for daily life routine.. waiting for my husband and my children to come back from work and school… I just wish that will happen,” she said. Her tears started to form. Nichkhun looked at her and held her hand.

 

 

“hey~ don’t cry… you don’t look that good when you cry,” Nichkhun tried to create some silly joke.

 

“sica… you know what you’ll gonna be a great mother… and a great wife too. The guy that is destined for you… I should say that he’s lucky. I believe that someday, he’ll come to you… by hook or by crook” He looked into her eyes. Jessica disappointed with what Nichkhun said. Well, maybe it’s one-sided love. Nichkhun didn’t refer him as the guy that will come into Jessica’s life in the future.

 

I wish that I am strong enough to tell her about my feeling’ Nichkhun thought. Then he cleared his throat. “or, maybe you can practice with me first. Just think that I’m your husband and just do everything that you said earlier with me. People said, practice make things better,” he said in cheerful voice trying to break the awkward moment.

Jessica laughed. “everything oppa?” she asked while laughing.

 

“everything. Starting from waking up… no no no.. then, you have to sleep with me so that I can wake up beside you every morning. Then, you can cook breakfast, lunch, dinner plus brunch, tea time and supper. Hmm, we can fire ahjumma because we no longer need her service. The baby… just wait for OUR baby to come out and you can practice the child part later. How about that? I’m genius, don’t I,” Nichkhun said with a big grin.

 “merong~ I won’t do that! And, you want to fire ahjumma? How could you,” Jessica said while laughing.

“of course. I don’t need two wives at the same time,” Nichkhun said with his cool tone. Jessica’s redden as she heard the word wife. Nichkhun already finished his breakfast.

“honey, thank you for the breakfast… I have to go upstairs and prepare myself. I need to go to agency. The discussion about that case was still in difficult position. I’ll see you during lunch time. I’ll be home as early as I can. Love you honey!” Nichkhun said followed by a sudden kiss on her forehead.

“consider that as a practice. Remember, practice make perfect!” Nichkhun said before leaving Jessica in shock.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 Hey there~ after reading your comment, I’ll consider to make my story longer…

I’ll put some drama in it.. hehe.. but in this chapter, it’s all khunsica moment..

Maybe next chapter we’ll have Taecsica or Khuntoria moment….

I do have hard time finding Nichkhun fav food and I found out that he said Pad Thai in his conversation with Victoria in WGM… so, I put Pad Thai as he’s fav food.