CHAPTER 16

ECHO

 

Jessica walked down the stairs. She looked around the living room, searching for Nichkhun. Luckily, he wasn’t there. She sighed a relief. She went to the kitchen and found ahjumma busy with her daily schedule.

 

“morning ahjumma,” she said as ahjumma saw her.

 

“morning. Where’s khun? Breakfast’s ready,” ahjumma said. Jessica cleared . Hearing Nichkhun’s name reminded her of last night’s kiss. She didn’t know what’s the meaning behind that kiss. But, one thing that she knew, it’s going to be very awkward between her and Nichkhun. She didn’t know how to react in front of Nichkhun after this. If she didn’t initiate the kiss, she won’t feel this weird.

 

‘aish, why did I kiss him last night? Aigoo~’ ahjumma looked at confused Jessica. Jessica didn’t even answer her question.

 

“sica? I’m asking you,” she said.

 

“omo ahjumma, sorry. I was spacing out. What did ask again?” she apologized.

 

“I asked where’s Nichkhun. He usually wakes up early,” ahjumma repeated her question.

 

“molla~ I think he came back late last night,” she said with a short comment. She tried to act as cool as possible.

 

Jessica took her usual seat. She grabbed her toast slowly enjoyed it with mushroom soup. “morning ahjumma,” she heard Nichkhun’s voice from her back. Her heart automatically jumped crazily.

 

‘be calm sica, be calm. You can’t be like this,’ she said to herself. Nichkhun sat in front of her.

 

“morning,” Nichkhun greeted her with his usual smile. He acted like nothing happened between both of them. Jessica nodded her head. she didn’t dare to raise her head. she quickly finished her soup and drank her juice.

 

“are you done?” Nichkhun asked. “you eat so little. Here, have some more toast. Ahjumma, we still have the soup right?” Nichkhun handed her a slice of bread. She accepted it without a refuse. She needed to get herself out of this.

 

She ate without talking, which is so weird because everytime they ate, wouldn’t stop blabbering. “I’m done,” she said while standing up. She quickly brought her plate to the sink. Nichkhun was also done with his breakfast. He approached Jessica and handed the plate to Jessica.

 

Nichkhun knew Jessica embarrassed with what happened last night. He felt that too. But, he tried to hide how he felt. He can see how clumsy Jessica this morning. When he think again, he’s the one who should be embarrassed. At least, Jessica has a reason why she kissed him last night? Nichkhun? He didn’t know his reason. What he knew, he wanted to kiss her badly.

 

Jessica surprised how cool was Nichkhun this morning. Maybe, Nichkhun didn’t mean to kiss her last night. She felt relief. However, in her deepest heart, she felt disappointed with how Nichkhun handled the moment.

 

OK, if he wants to play cool, I can play it too… come on Jessica Jung, the kiss last night, it was a mistake. Let’s get to your usual self. fighting’ Jessica decided to come back to her ownself.   

 

“Ouch!!” Jessica cried out.

 

“what’s wrong?” Nichkhun asked in hurry.

 

“my stomach… it’s hurt?” Jessica said in panic reaction.

 

“what? Are you going to give birth now?”

 

Jessica didn’t make any comment. Her face looked like she was in a great pain.

 

“Jessica, let’s go to the hospital. Ahjumma, pally~” Nichkhun said. Jessica quickly held Nichkhun’s arm, stopping Nichkhun. She didn’t move.

 

“oppa~ I’m just kidding” she said.

 

“what?” Nichkhun asked in confused.

 

“I’m just kidding. It’s not the time yet. It just the baby kicked my tummy,” she confessed. “I just want to see how panic you’re,” she said with a light smile. She wanted to laugh when she saw him panicking.

 

“haish~ don’t you dare to play with that joke ever again,” he said in serious tone.

 

“arasso~ miane,” Jessica said.

 

“Ouch!! Omo oppa, the baby… it kicks again,” Jessica said. Nichkhun looked at her. She quickly held Nichkhun’s hand and placed it on her stomach. Nichkhun’s face looked amazed. His hand can feel the tiny movement that the baby made. He smiled with amusement.

 

 

“waaa~ that’s…. that’s really beautiful,” he said.  

 

Jessica laughed at Nichkhun reaction. Nichkhun looked at her. He didn’t know what changed Jessica’s mode. She was so passive this morning. Then, she made a shocking joke. She surely can switch on and off her feeling easily.

 

“you don’t want to go and check whether it’s a boy or a girl?” Nichkhun asked. Jessica shook her head.

 

“wae?”

 

“I want it to be surprise. When I give birth.. pam pam!!! Surprise~” Jessica said. Nichkhun walked to the living room followed by Jessica. He switched on the TV and at that time, the news was on.

 

…. Last night we were shocked with a shocking video from the net. A fight involved a famous supermodel with the heir of Ok agencies was captured by the citizen in an elite club in Gangnam. People believe that the fight was caused because of a woman…’ 

 

Nichkhun quickly switched off the TV. Jessica can clearly see the video and Nichkhun’s face was clearly in it.

 

“omo oppa~ what’re we going to do now?” Jessica asked. At that time, Nichkhun’s phone was ringing. He quickly answered the phone.

 

“arasso… I’ll be there in a minute,” he said before leaving Jessica alone behind.

 

*************************************************************************************

 

Jessica walked back and forth. Once in a while, she opened the main door to check whether he’s back or not. She took her seat, then, she stood up again. Ahjumma shook her head. Her head became dizzy when she looked at Jessica.

 

“sica, I have to go back now.” She said to Jessica.

 

“Ok ahjumma. Be safe ok,” she replied with force smile.

 

“you should eat Jessica. Since Nichkhun’s went out, you didn’t touch any food yet. If Khun knows about this, you’ll be in trouble,” ahjumma tried to persuade Jessica to eat. Jessica shook her head.

 

“shiro… ahjumma, I can’t eat now. Not until I know what happen to oppa,” she said. Ahjumma smiled at her. She took her seat beside Jessica.

 

“Sica, Khun is in big trouble now. His head is already in mess. Do you want to top up his trouble if you get sick because you’re not eating. You know right, Nichkhun hates it when you skip your meal.”

 

“arasso~” she replied.

 

Ahjumma smiled at her. “you seem care about Nichkhun,” ahjumma said.

 

“do you happen to like Nichkhun?” ahjumma asked again. Jessica looked at ahjumma. She was actually shocked with ahjumma’s sudden question.

 

“why do you ask me such question ahjumma. Who am I to like Nichkhun oppa. Oppa… he’s a kind guy ahjumma. When I was in trouble, he’s there with me. Even though he didn’t want to… now, it’s my turn to help him,” Jessica said in slow voice. ahjumma nodded her head.

 

“I know. I’m just kidding asking you that question. It’s true. Khun, he always put himself second. He cares about others more than he cares about himself. Don’t disappoint him sica… don’t disappoint him like how Vic disappointed him before,” Ahjumma said.

 

“ahjumma~ I … me and Nichkhun, we’re not like you think. He’s like a friend… ani… a lifesaver to me. He’s my wonderwall…”

 

“I know Nichkhun for years already Jessica. And I know you too. Even though both of you deny it, I know that both of you have feeling for one another.”

 

“aigoo ahjumma. How can you say that… Oppa won’t set his eyes on me. Look how am I now. I’m about to have a baby now. Oppa deserves a girl better than me. He’s a good guy and he can’t be forever with this troublesome girl. I mean, I was a jerk. I fought with my family, I disobeyed my parents, I accidentally get pregnant, I came into oppa’s life and ruin his peaceful life. And now, I’m about to destroy oppa’s career. If not because of me, he won’t fight that night,” she confessed.

 

“sica, listen… you have to be thankful for the bad things happened in your life. For they to open your eyes to good things that you weren’t paying attention to before. Everybody made a mistake. But people deserve to get chance to repent and improve themselves. You can’t bring back the past… it’s gone. All you can do is let go, move on and make better memories in the future… and khun, I can see he’s your future. You deserve him and he deserves you.” Ahjumma said. Jessica didn’t know what to say. she just kept in silent.

 

“I have to go now. don’t forget to eat. and think what I’ve told you Jessica. see you tomorrow,” Ahjumma said before leaving. Jessica couldn’t help but think what’s ahjumma told her. She didn’t know that ahjumma can see what happen between both of them. Was it that obvious that she liked Nichkhun? Did she really like Nichkhun? or, did she loved him? Jessica didn’t know what to answer. In fact, she didn’t has the answer now.

 

if you don’t love him, why did you kiss him last night?’ her mind started to question herself.

 

it just because I wanted to thank him for what’ve he done for me’ she answered.

 

huh.. that’s just an excuse jessica!!!

 

who am I to be with him. I’m not a good girl. I’m a pregnant woman now. I’m going to be a mother soon. For this time being, I was just a burden. Me being here… I’m not deserve for this… all this thing.. and oppa, he doesn’t love me

 

how do you know that he doesn’t love you? Did he tell you? And… he kissed you. Isn’t that prove that he loves you all this time

 

Jessica puzzled with her own thought. she stopped thinking about her feeling toward Nichkhun. she slowly lied down on the couch. Her eyes started to close.

 

*************************************************************************************

 

Nichkhun opened the door. It’s already late now and he was sure that ahjumma was already back home. He walked to the kitchen and get water to drink. From kitchen, he can see Jessica, sleeping soundly on the sofa. Her hand was clenching over her phone tightly.

 

Nichkhun approached Jessica and sat beside her. She looked so calm in her slumber. Nichkhun tried to wake her up but she didn’t wake up. Lastly, Nichkhun gave up and carried her in bridal style to her room. He placed Jessica on the bed and covered her with the quilt. Her phone was placed on the table beside the bed.

 

 

Nichkhun stared at Jessica’s calm face and smiled. All of the problems that he encountered today vanished as he saw her face. He didn’t realize that they can progress this far. The most important thing is he couldn’t believe the progress of himself. He remembered how much he hated Jessica. He hated when Jessica shamelessly entered his life, asking him this and that when he clearly told Jessica that he hated nosy people. He had thousand of reasons to hate this girl but now he can easily talk with her without feeling annoyed, he can stand hearing her good-for-nothing story, offering his shoulder for her to cry on and he can stand staring at her sleeping face for hours without feeling bored.

 

‘What’s the meaning of this Nichkhun?’ he asked himself. His hand crept on Jessica’s flawless face. His heart skipped a beat.

 

“you changed me little girl,” he said with a smiled on his face. Nichkhun finally realized that Jessica already filled the empty space that once filled with Victoria name. He can finally answer why it was so hard to accept Victoria back even after he knew the true story.  

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

ok, i think it's already time to put some conflict in their life...

i think the story will be ended sooooon....

maybe a few chapies more...

sob sob... 

hope i can do it well... 

btw, i like it when Nichkhun put his hand on Jessica's stomach...

kya~ i love that moment.. got this idea when i watched 3 dads 1 mom last night (well, again)