CHAPTER 26

ECHO

hey uuoooollss.. i'm back!!

enjoy my new chapies!!!

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Jessica tried to stay calm. The word that came from the young nurse seemed hard to be digested. She quickly grabbed Nichkhun’s hand who’s standing right beside her.

 

“how did that happen? How could you.. omo, my poor mason,” said hyori.

 

“do you recognize them?” Jessica’s father asked with calmed tone.

 

“the woman is wearing a blue sundress. She has a very nice curly hair. While the guy.. he wore casual black polo t-shirt with black jeans. He didn’t talk.” Explained the nurse. She turned to Jessica with guilty filled her eyes. “miss Jessica, I’m really sorry. I’m so clumsy letting this happen. I should be more careful.”

 

“no, this is not your fault. All we need to do is to stay calm. Yunho, you call the police. Nichkhun, keep calling Taecyeon. I know we’ll get some clues from him. If he’s not part of this stupid plan and there’s some humanity left in him, he’ll help us,” Jessica’s father instructed.

 

********************************************

 

Taecyeon opened his eyes. He frowned once his eyes registered the light. The pain behind his head made him lied still. He looked around and somewhat sense familiarity with the room that he currently in. At the very first second, he thought he was kidnapped. He chuckled at that thought. Who wanted to kidnap him? He’s not at the age that was considered as kidnapped victim and most important thing, he was not even worth a single cent.

 

Slowly he rose from the bed and found his goods at the corner of the room. So kidnapping thing was out of question. ‘where the hell am i?’ he cursed in silence. He winched as the sudden movement made his injured head throbbed with pain.

 

He looked at his reflection on the mirror. His head was already bandaged. He somehow got the idea who brought him here. He then approached the window and looked around to figure out his whereabout.

 

“so we’re at father’s beach house,” he said slowly. Still confused with his father intention, he opened the door. He has the feeling that his father was also at the house at the current moment. As soon as he opened the door, he was greeted with the housekeeper.

 

“glad that you already awake. Your father is waiting for your presence at the swimming pool,” told the lady.

 

“care to explain why I am here?” he asked the lady.

 

“I believe that I’m not in the position to tell you the answer. Your father is waiting and I think he knows the answer,” she said before leaving him alone. Taecyeon looked for his phone. He can sense something was off. He got the feeling that his father is planning something and that something was up to no good.

 

Once he switched on his cellphone, he noticed multiple missed calls from Jessica. So his theory was right after all. Jessica WILL NOT called him after what had happened. And multiple attempt of calling him was absolutely fell out of normalcy. Judging from their current situation, and knowing Jessica, she’ll probably get rid of his phone number. So, without any second thought, he dialed Jessica’s number.

 

He didn’t have to wait for long. Nichkhun’s voice greeted him. “Oh my God Taec, where the hell are you? What did you do?”

 

“well thank you for asking but I have no idea what are you talking about. Please do talk Korean or maybe English because I can understand both,” Taecyeon said with sarcastic tone.

 

“I have no time for your sarcastic comment taec! Mason was kidnapped and we thought you were behind this. Where are you now?”

 

“what?!! Wait, I think I know where is he. Actually, ….” Taecyeon quickly told Nichkhun his location and briefly explained what happen to him.  He was quiet sure that his father was behind this. And he was sure that his son, no, Mason was in the same building as he was now. He knew that this might be his chance to prove to Jessica that he deserved to be someone in Mason’s life. Not only as a ‘ donor’!

 

**************************************

 

“Father,” taecyeon said as soon as his father came into his view.

 

“Taecyeon! Son, come here! You won’t believe who I am with now. Come son,” his father’s not-so-cheerful-voice welcomed his presence. He approached his father who was currently holding something or someone in his arm. He held his breath when he saw 7-days-old Mason, sleeping soundly in his ‘grandfather’s’ hold.

 

“why I do not surprise? I knew it was you,” taecyeon said with disappointed tone.

 

“so your little lover told you already? Well, that was fast. What are you hesitating then? Come and sit here. This is our little gathering of the great Ok family. I can’t believe I am a grandfather already. Isn’t he a cute little thing?” he continued to talk like both of them are always civil towards one another. And that only made Taecyeon nauseous.

 

“seriously dad, this is not time for your so-called-reunion. Hand mason to me and I will send him back to where he supposed to belong. My blood might be flowing in him but that’s it. Thanks to you and your great parenting skill that turn me into someone that considered a great git.”

 

“wait Taec. Why do you have to do something like that? He’s an Ok and he’s my grandson. He should be here with us. Not with that corrupted family!” his loud voice woke Mason who seemed in dreamland a moment ago. He started to cry.

 

“seriously dad, if you want to talk about corrupted family, then you should talk about our family. Not them. Now, stop your speech and give me my son. I’m asking you now. Please don’t let me force you father,” Taecyeon started to lose his patience.

 

***********************************************

 

Jessica’s family arrived at Ok’s beach house. They walked straight to the pool as directed by Taecyeon through SMS. Nichkhun glanced toward Jessica. He remembered their conversation at the hospital before heading to Taecyeon’s house.

 

“I think you shouldn’t go. Just leave everything to us and I’ll let you know what happen. You’re still weak Jessica and I don’t want anything happen to you”

 

“No! I can’t oppa. This is my son we are talking about. I can’t just leave him like that. Pretending like nothing happen. I will go and I will not hear any other comment from anyone. Oppa, you have to understand me. I can’t leave him to that beast. I need to be there with you guys,” she said with pleading eyes towards three guys in front of her.

 

“I’ll stay with her,” her mother added. Jessica nodded, agreed with his wife.

 

“just promise me that you won’t do something stupid ok? I love Mason like you love him to. I also want the best for him. But I love you more. I’ll do anything to protect my love ones and do promise me that no sudden hero act there ok?” Nichkhun said, ignoring Jessica’s family.

 

Jessica smiled at his sudden confession and nodded. “ok oppa, I promise”

 

*************************************************

 

“well, well well, look who’s here? Welcome my old friends,” Taecyeon’s father greeted them with super sweet voice. Mason started to cry loudly as he saw familiar faces in front of him.

 

“Ok Teuk-chin, not a great reunion I should say,” said Jessica’s father. “well, I won’t beat around the bush. Give me back my grandson Teuk. I know that you still mad at me and hyori but please don’t involve the children with our problem,” he continued.

 

“my,my jihoon-ah. You never change you know. Always talk like you own everything and it never fail to make me nauseous. Hahahaha. Your grandson? Well, I think you forget that my son is the father so that make this baby also my grandson. And of course I have rights to be with him,”

 

“but after a second thought, I don’t think I want to share. I want him,” he said.

 

“what?!! NO!!” screamed Jessica.

 

“Jessica calm down. Hyori,” warned Jihoon.

 

“why? Why do you want my son? You can’t separate him from me!” Jessica asked. She was still in Nichkhun’s arm.

 

“revenge! The answer that I believe that already in your father and mother’s head. You ruin my life jihoon-ah. You took hyori from me and live happily with your family. And you left me alone with my miserable life. You betrayed me, our friendship and hyori, you left me because of him. What a selfish act I should say,”

 

“that has been like years ago. We did apologize. Multiple times. I admit that that’s our fault for betraying you, I’m sorry and I really do. Please just don’t involve our children in this. They have no share with whatever we did back then,” this time Hyori talked.

 

“it is easier to be said than done. I’ve been living in agony forever because of you guys while you have your little happy family! It’s not fair! I hate it and I know that I should do something that make you feel what I feel,” Teuk said.

 

“you have me father. And mother. But you wasted us,” Taecyeon said in low voice. It’s hurt. His own father never wanted him. He pitied himself, his mother.

 

“we talked about this son and you know where you stand,” he replied.

 

“what do I need to make you forgive us Teuk?” asked Jihoon

 

“give me back my life that you guys stole from me. Give me back my past, give me back my happiness. But I know that’ll be impossible. So, I thought of something. Instead of getting back my happiness, why don’t I give you trouble,” he said before turning his body to the pool. With a evil smirk pasted on his face, he threw himself into the pool.

 

“NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my God Mason!” Nichkhun, yunho and Taecyeon quickly followed to jump into the pool. He tried to tighten his grip on the baby. Both Yunho and Teacyeon struggle the crazy grandfather and Nichkhun got the baby. He quickly made to the surface.

 

“mason-ah. Wake up! Please, please” tears started to blur his sight. Jessica rushed to his side while hysterically calling for the baby. Hyori stunned beside her.

 

“mason, mason,” he said while rubbing the mason’s chest. Jessica’s father already called the hospital and asked them to send the ambulance. Nichkhun noticed no response from mason.

 

“get some towel please.” He instructed. Mason’s lips turned to bluish color. He needed to hurry or he’ll regret for the rest of his life. Nichkhun placed his two fingers on Mason’s bone before giving him quick compression. He kept doing that and paid no attention to his surrounding.

 

“please be safe, please be safe” he kept repeating the same words in his head as he continued.

 

*********************************************

 

“how’s mason doctor?” Jessica asked when she saw the doctor exit the emergency room.

 

“well, mason has regain his consciousness just now. Thankfully that you quickly did the CPR to the baby. Mason’s condition was obviously critical as he drown long enough in the pool. If nothing done, he’ll be dead by now. We need to monitor him to avoid any other complications. ”

 

“can we see him now?” Jessica asked eagerly.

 

“I am sorry but we need to let the baby rest. He’s sleeping right now. I hope you understand,” the doctor said before leaving the couple.

 

“how could they do this to him oppa. He’s just a baby and yet he has to bear all those punishment,” Jessica said while tears running down her cheeks. Nichkhun held her closer. Her hand wrapped around his stomach.

 

“what if… what if mason couldn’t make it?” she asked in between the sobs.

 

“shhuuush. Don’t talk something that you never know what’ll happen. We have doctors that can save our mason. Most important thing that we pray that mason will survive. Will you?” Nichkhun said to her. Jessica nodded slowly.

 

“Now, I want you to eat this porridge. Get some energy, get some sleep,” he instructed.

 

“no, I don’t want to sleep. I want to stay awake so that I can be with mason as soon as he wakes up”

 

“I promise that I’ll wake you up when he did,” Nichkhun persuaded.

 

“ok, but you have to promise me that. Emm, oppa, whatever happen to Taec’s father?” Jessica asked.

 

“he’s with police now. Seems that he has major depression for the past few years and the grudge make him lose his insanity,” Nichkhun explained. Jessica nodded before slowly starting eating the porridge.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Yeay for the new chapies.. I know you have wait long enough for this chapter and I’m really sorry for that. And also advance apology if this chapies does not reach your expectation. Glad that I can write again. Been busy with my life lately. Enjoy reading guys. Your comments inspire me and light up my mood. So, do comment will ya? Hehhe.. now I’m begging for the comment.. hehhe.. seriously, leave any thought about the story!!  

Note: I just randomly pick the name for taec’s father’s name.. huhu.. I donno if it sound weird or what not. And about the drowning baby, I did proof reading first.. sorry if it seems out of reality ir something..