CHAPTER 20.2

ECHO

 

“Jessica…” Jessica heard her name was called outside.

 

“yes,” she replied as she opened the door. She saw Nichkhun smiling charmingly in front of her door.

 

“let’s go downstairs. My friend is already on his way,” Nichkhun said. His eyes glued at Jessica. she looked wonderful with the dress.

“you look wonderful today,” Nichkhun whispered. Jessica smiled shyly when she heard Nichkhun’s compliment.

 

“thanks to this lovely dress. I love it,” she replied.

 

“it fits you,” he said.

 

“chincha?” Nichkhun nodded. “I don’t look fat?” jessica asked.

 

“of course you look fat. You’re pregnant remember,” he said.

 

“how could you oppa~”

 

“hahahaha… no, you look wonderful Jessica. come, let’s go downstairs. My friend will arrive in any minutes,” Nichkhun said.

 

********************************************

 

“hi jessica, I’m wooyoung. Nice meeting you Jessica-shi. I’m a big fan of yours,” Wooyoung said while offering hand shake to Jessica. Jessica accepted his offer while smiling.

 

“nice meeting you too wooyoung-shi. Really? You’re a fan of mine?” Jessica asked.

 

“a really biiiig one. And I still don’t believe that I meet you today,” Wooyoung confessed.

 

“are you still a fan of mine when seeing me like this now?”

 

“of course. You look gorgeous now. if your other fans can see this, I bet that they will agree with me,” wooyoung said with a light smile.

 

“you’re such a sweet talker wooyoung-shi.”

 

Wooyoung nodded, admitting what Jessica said to her. “so, how’s living with khun?” wooyoung asked.

 

“it’s hard for the first time, but after that I’m getting used to it. He’s quite icy cold. But then, he changed,” jessica replied.

 

“Khun is always like that. He’s like living in a cage. I can’t stand it if I were him.” Jessica nodded her head. “but I think, after you coming into his life, he’s changed,” wooyoung continued.

 

“really?”

 

“yeap. I know him long time ago, but I never see him like that. Thank you for changing his human side,” wooyoung thanked Jessica. Both of them laughed as they realized how cold Nichkhun was. After a while, the bell rang. Wooyoung was about to stand up but Jessica stopped him. “I’ll get that,” she said.

 

“no, I’ll get that.”

 

“wooyoung-shi, I need to move. It’s good for pregnant lady to walk around. It’s kind of exercise for them,” said Jessica. Then, she moved to the front door and opened it.

 

“oppa!!!” jessica said in surprise tone. In front of her, her brother was standing while holding a box containing the birthday cake.

 

“omo oppa!! you make it,” Jessica jumped into his brother embrace. She was too happy seeing her brother. “sica, I’m holding a cake now and FYI, you are about to ruin it now,” her brother said while struggling to escape from his sister embrace.

 

“oppa, I was too surprise to see you here… I’m sorry.”

 

“owh hyung, you’re here…” said Nichkhun who was standing behind Jessica.

 

“Nichkhun oppa, you sound like you know that my brother will come today,” Jessica started to suspect Nichkhun. Nichkhun smiled without answering her suspicion.

 

“yaaah Jessica Jung!!!” said two voice in unison. Jessica turned her face toward her brother. To her surprise, there were her two best friends, standing in front of her. Jessica couldn’t say anything. She was speechless with what happened.

 

“tiffa.. tiffany, yuri? yaaa~ you guys are here,” Jessica said with tears started to form. Both Tiffany and Yuri moved closer toward her.

 

“happy birthday Jessica,” all of them said in unison. Jessica couldn’t resist to cry. Tears started to roll down her cheeks. “aigoo this cry baby. Yaa, you’re going to be a mom soon. Yet you’re still crying like a small kid,” said Tiffany.

 

“I thought all of you forgot about this,” she said between the tears.

 

“how can we forget about that,” Yunho said while hugging his sister.

 

“hey buddie, a group hug?” Yuri said to Jessica and Tiffany. Both of them smiled and embraced one another. “I miss you guys soooo much,” Jessica said. “we miss you too honey.”

“hey, let’s go inside. The foods are ready,” Nichkhun said, breaking the moment between Jessica and her friends.

 

********************************************************

 

Nichkhun placed the meat on the grill. Jessica moved closer to him. “oppa, you still owe me a wish,” she said as she stood beside him. “what wish?” he asked.

 

“you still don’t wish me happy birthday”

 

“I did”

 

“no. you don’t”

 

“yes. I did”

 

“noooooo you didn’t” she said with a pout. Nichkhun laughed at her.

 

“seriously guys, the more I look at both of you, the more the chemistry that I feel. You guys look like a couple. A happy one. Right guys?” Wooyoung said. Nichkhun raised his eyebrows.

 

“what are you blabbering about woo?” Nichkhun said.

 

“I agree with you,” Tiffany said. “you guys can make a cute couple. You can stand her Nichkhun-shi. It’s hard to find someone that can control her,” Tiffany continued.

 

“yaaa~ stop seeing that. You just see him today and you talk too much about that,” Jessica commented.

 

“jessica, you know me right? I can see through people,” Tiffany replied.

 

“yaa, let’s go inside. You’re getting weirder when the more you expose to the sun,” Jessica said while forcing Tiffany to follow her.

 

“what’s wrong with you?” Jessica said once they were inside the house.

 

“what is wrong with you! I should be the one who ask that question,” Tiffany replied. Jessica sighed before taking her seat beside Yuri. “you shouldn’t make a joke like that. Me and him, we’re not a thing OK” Jessica.

 

“but, who knows the future right?”

 

“Tiffany, I know who am I. I’m tired telling people that me and him are not going to be…. Argh,” she couldn’t finish her word.

 

“but you like him right?” yuri finally spoke.

 

“yaa, yuri! I thought that you’re taking my side”

 

“I just say what I can see. And I can see that Nichkhun likes you too”

 

“well no he’s not”

 

“he is Jessica. Just observe how he treats you? Remember when you want to drink the wine earlier? Remember how angry he was when you insist to drink it?” tiffany said.

 

“well, he’s always like that. He’s always become a super annoying and overprotective person when I want to do or eat something that I shouldn’t. That don’t explain your theory my dear friends,” Jessica tried to defend her opinion.

 

“we’ll see Jessica,” said Yuri with smile on her lips. Tiffany nodded her head.

 

********************************************************

 

“hey, let’s sing. You have karaoke set right? Let’s have a competition. Girls vs boys,” Tiffany suggested.

 

“what’s the price?” wooyoung asked.

 

“well, the one who lose will have to drink. How about that?” Tiffany suggested.

 

“Jessica will pass that. She can’t drink,” Nichkhun said, objecting Tiffany suggestion. Yuri and Tiffany secretly smiled toward Jessica. Jessica quickly ignored her two friends.

 

“aigoo, just replace her drink with milk or something. Or, maybe we should force her to eat cucumber?” yunho said.

 

“oppa, how could you!!” all of them laughed as they knew how much Jessica hated cucumber.

 

“OK, I agree with that. Who’s with me?” Tiffany asked. Wooyoung, Yuri and Yunho raised their hands. Nichkhun shrugged. “I guess I should follow the majority” Nichkhun said.

 

“OK, I’ll do the first round. Who’s up against me?” wooyoung asked. Tiffany bravely stood up. “me. Be prepared wooyoung-shi,” she said.

 

Wooyoung chose ‘DJ GOT ME GOIN` CRAZY’. His voice filled Nichkhun’s living room. Then tiffany up with ‘Rolling In The Deep’. After the results were out, Wooyoung’s result was higher than Tiffany’s.

 

“here is your drink Tiffany-shi,” wooyoung gave her the drink. Tiffany gulped it in a second.

 

“OK, it’s my turn now. so, I against who?” yuri asked. Yunho raised his hand. Yuri smiled shyly. She chose Baby Steps (TaeTiSeo), the song that portrayed her feeling towards Yunho.  She actually fell for Jessica’s brother long time ago.

 

Du nuneul karilsurok nega deo jalboyeo

(the more I cover my eyes the clearer your image gets)

It’s you it’s you

Naedu gwireul mageulsurok jongil neoman dellyeo

(the more I block my ears the more I hear you all day long)

 

She meant everything in the song. After yuri ended her singing, she can see that yunho was looking at her. yuri gave him a smile. Then, yunho continued with She (TVXQ).

 

“omo oppa, I don’t know that you can sing this well,” Jessica said. Yunho smiled shyly.

 

“it’s like you’re talking to each other in the song,” wooyoung commented. “you guys look cute together,” he continued while pointing toward Yuri and Yunho. Both of them blushed in red.

 

“omo omo omo. Look at you two,” said Tiffany.

 

“yaaa.. stop it,” Yuri stopped Tiffany. After the results came out, Yuri won the second round.

 

“OK, now is my turn and of course I’m against you oppa,” Jessica said in confident tone.

 

“Jessica, we have the juice ready,” Tiffany said to Jessica. She frowned as she saw the juice was placed on the table. “I’ll make sure that I’ll win,” she said.

 

“I’ll sing ‘Heart Road’” she said. Then, her angelic voice filled the space. For the sake of the cucumber juice, she had to win no matter what. When she finished the song, the audience clapped their hand.

 

“as expected from Jessica Jung” wooyoung said while clapping. “Khun, we put our trust on you. You must win her,” Yunho said. Nichkhun chose I’m yours and sang it. Jessica surprised as she heard Nichkhun’s voice. she never expected that he can sing that well. After the result came out, Nichkhun won the last round which make guys team won the competition.

 

“prepare to drink the juice sica. it’s sooooooo delicious,” Yuri said.

 

“ough, the smell.” She said while squeezing her nose. As she drawn the glass closer, the more nauseous she felt. Right before the glass touch her lips, Nichkhun quickly grabbed the glass and drank the whole juice by himself.

 

“oppa…”

 

“you couldn’t drink that right? Besides, you deserve to win,” Nichkhun said after finishing the juice. Yuri and Tiffany pulled Jessica toward them after all the guys leaving them.

 

“seeeee.. and you still don’t believe us that he likes you,” Tiffany said.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

this is the longest chapter that i ever made
it takes me 14 pages to finish this chapter.. phewww. 
what do you guys think? 
i think that i tried to put everything inside one chapter.. 

i know that some of you want them to get married
do you think that they'll get married that fast? kehkehkeh
i told you guys that i wanted to finish the story..
but after a few chapter, i though that i still have few ideas about the story...
so, it's longer than i expected.

so, happy reading guys