CHAPTER 27

ECHO

Jessica opened her eyes. Nichkhun smiled as her eyes met his. “morning sunshine,” he said while he helped Jessica to sit up. “morning oppa” she replied, while quickly trying to get off from the hospital bed that she stayed last night.

 

“ehemm, excuse me but what are you trying to do?” Nichkhun asked with overly protective tone.

 

“I want to see Mason. How’s he? Is he awake?” she asked eagerly.

 

“I’ve checked on him before coming to your room. He’s still sleeping but the doctor said he’s doing good. There’s nothing to be worried about. Now, make yourself presentable before going to see him. Seriously sica, you don’t look like the-beauty-Jessica-Jung that I knew before. Our Mason wants to see his beautiful mother, not the-homeless-Jessica,” Nichkhun said with smile pestering on his handsome face.

 

“homeless-Jessica? Really oppa? Well thanks for that compliment because it really does help lifting my so-cheerful-morning-mood,” Jessica pouted.

 

“you know what, I miss that. Your infamous pouty lips.” Nichkhun pecked on Jessica’s lips. Jessica frowned when Nichkhun didn’t take her seriously.

 

“excuse me oppa. For your information, I am currently sulking with what you’re saying. Kissing me is not going comfort me. Not after you said that I looked like a homeless freak.” Nichkhun chuckled.

 

“aigoo~ I thought that after you give birth, all those hormonal acts of yours will be gone. Looks like I have to say good bye to that theory. Jessica honey, no matter how you look, you’ll always be the most beautiful and wonderful woman for me. I love you not because of your beauty. I love you because it’s you. I love everything about you. Your clumsy acts, your nagging side, your busybody head, I love the idea of you. You are not perfect. Neither am I. But together, we perfect the imperfection. And…, that’s not a kiss. This is what we call kiss,” Nichkhun said before planting his lips on Jessica’s, giving her a sweet lingering kiss.

 

“OK, that’s not fair. And I did not brush my teeth yet,” Jessica said after his warm lips left hers. Nichkhun smiled at her comment.

 

“Whatever dear, now, get your lazy bum off the bed and go take your shower. Mason’s waiting and I know you can’t wait to see him too. Now go,” he said, patting the pillow lightly.

 

“I don’t know whether I should be angry with your words or not. But, I’ll take that as a compliment,” she said before disappearing into the shower.

 

******************************************************

 

Taecyeon smiled at the sight in front of him. He released the breath that he unconsciously held. Thank goodness, there’s nothing bad happen to mason. He can’t forgive himself if anything happened to him. He can’t believe himself that his father, his psychotic-own-father wanted to kill his own flesh and blood. He knew that his father was unpredictable but not till this extent.

 

“hey Taec,” greeted a voice behind him. Taecyeon turned his head to his right before his eyes met the owner of the voice that smiling cheerfully.

 

“hey Tiff, long time no see isn’t it?” he said. Tiffany took the place beside him. Her eyes landed on sleeping Mason.

 

“yeah. How’s Mason doing? Where’s Sica?”

 

“the doctor said that he’s doing good. Jessica’s resting in her room. I think she’s with Nichkhun right now. I bet she’ll be here anytime soon. When did you arrive?”

 

“I took morning flight from Japan. Took a cab from the airport and straight to the hospital,” she replied. Both of them fell into silence after the brief exchange. “so, how are you?” Tiffany asked. She and Taecyeon were once friends.  But, after what happened between him and Jessica, Tiffany built strong hatred toward him.

 

“thank you for asking but I’m good. Despite from my father nearly killed my son and the mother of my child doesn’t approve me, I’m good,” he said with small chuckled released.

 

Tiffany laughed at his joke. “you deserve that you know. Jessica has the right for not wanting you in her and Mason’s life. She’s been tolerating you since you both were seriously involved. You had your chance but you blew it,” Tiffany said.

 

“I know. You know what, I will give up everything to bring her back into my life. I’ve never felt this way Tiff. Jessica and Mason changed the perspective of my life,” Taecyeon looked at his companion. “but… I guess I already miss my chance,” he said as he saw both Nichkhun and Jessica were walking toward them. He gave a weak smile to Tiffany which she replied with a sigh.

 

“you’ve changed Taec. I thought I’ll never have the chance to see this side of yours,” she laughed. Taecyeon nodded before replied, “I guess I did. Thanks to this little boy that brought the miracle in my life. Everything that happened in lately was complete disasters, but, I’ve never regretted. He changed me and that’s all I concerned about,” he said.

 

Tiffany patted his shoulder before greeted Jessica and Nichkhun. “oh my God Jessica. You’re such a melodramatic princess. I did expect you to have a peaceful life but ughhh… I nearly lost my favorite nephew,” she said jokingly. Jessica pouted at her comment. Tiffany hugged her best friend tightly.

 

“how are you?” Tiffany asked with concern tone. Jessica nodded while weak smile pasted on her face. She nearly cried when Tiffany hugged her. “hey, don’t cry. Everything’s gonna be alright. See, Mason’s doing fine,” Tiffany convinced her best friend.

 

“I just… Mason… I mean this’s not his fault for existing but he has to suffer all this. This is not fair for him.” Nichkhun and Taecyeon just stood still, still looking at the interaction between the two best friends.

 

“of course it’s not his fault. Not your fault either. Please don’t blame yourself because it’s not good for your health. You need to be strong for Mason. Remember that,” Tiffany said.

 

“owh, I forgot to tell you guys but when I arrived at the hospital’s lobby, I noticed that the lobby has been swarmed with reporters. I bet that they are waiting for your appearance,” Tiffany said to Jessica. “and after the little fiasco that happen yesterday, I bet that they are waiting for a big hit for their papers,” she continued.

 

Jessica sighed for the new information. “God, I forgot about that. How are we going to deal with that?”

 

“there’ll be a press conference for that. So, let’s just ignore the reporters until the press conference,” Taecyeon said to Jessica.

 

*******************************************

 

GOOD GIRL GONE BAD?

NOT enough with speculation with having illegible child with a famous photographer Ok Taecyeon, Jessica Jung was rumored romantically involved with a handsome international model, Nichkhun Horvejkhul. Nichkhun was said to be the one who saved Jessica’s son, Jung Mason when his Taecyeon’s father, Ok Teuk Chin attempted to kill the baby by drowning both of them in the pool to pay his old grudge towards Jessica’s parents. Jessica who disappeared from the public for about 8 months was said to be living with this famous model during her absence….

 

Jessica tossed the papers on the table. She hated this. She knew that people will eventually know about this but not like this. She barely survived and this will kill her. Well, literally!!!

 

“hey, relax. They are writing nonsense. Don’t stress yourself with that rubbish. We both know the truth” Nichkhun calmed her down.

 

“I don’t know how you still can calm yourself oppa. Are Ok with this?” she paused. “this thing will bring you down and you might never be able to bring yourself high up again oppa,” she reminded him.

 

“I don’t give a damn for that. Let’s finish this. People will never stop condemning but they’ll run out tired.”

 

“I know but it just bothers me. I want peace in my life. Especially after that incident. Plus, I don’t want mason to grow up in this kind of environment,” she confessed. Nichkhun gave her a warm hug, trying to calm her down.

 

“the press conference will be held on this Friday. Till then, relax yourselves. I know how much you hate this but it gives you nothing but stress.”

 

“are we… are we going to reveal about us?” she asked.

 

“I.. personally I don’t mind. I always want to go out with you without being covered. I want to freely meet you. So, if you ask me, I really want people to know about us. Let’s just end those dramas that people always created for us. Do you mind?”

 

“of course I don’t mind. It just, I care about you oppa. I don’t want people to talk bad things about you because of me and mason,” Jessica looked upon him. His gaze softened as he smiled to her. She liked that. When he smiles liked she’s the world to him.

 

“we can’t stop what people think about us. You and mason are everything that I care most,” he replied. “thank you oppa… for being with us,” Jessica replied while her hand hugging his waist. “no biggie dear. Let’s get ready. We are going to pick mason remember,” he said. True, mason was fine now. After one week spent in the hospital, he was allowed to be discharged.

 

*****************************************

 

Press Conference Day

 

“hey love, you okay?” Nichkhun asked. Jessica nodded while silently sat on her chair in the waiting room. She, Nichkhun, Taecyeon and her father will attend the event.

 

“are you guys ready? We’ll be starting in 5 minutes. If yes, we can go to the stage now,” Yunho asked. All four of them nodded at Yunho. He led all of them to the stage.

 

As soon as the event started, they were bombarded with questions. Some questions were regarding relationship between Jessica’s and Taecyeon’s parents. What led him to act that way. Jessica’s father answered them and openly apologized to Taecyeon for what happened.

 

“What is your feeling after knowing about your father?” a man asked Taecyeon.

 

“well me and father were never closed. I admitted that I once did try to gain his attention. I have no idea what’s happening after what he done to me and mason. I didn’t believe that he did that even though I was there,” taecyeon said. He didn’t want to talk too much about his father. He hated his father, YES, but he didn’t plan to talk bad about him. After all, he was still his father. 

 

“what about you miss Jessica. About your absence and this whole pregnancy thing. We clearly remember that you told us last few months that you’re putting a hold for you career because you want to pursue your study. However, we were shocked with this,” ask a woman.

 

“first of all, I want to apologize for the lie that I’ve told before. I know that was one of the biggest mistakes that I’ve ever done. After I found out that I pregnant, the first thing that I wanted to do was protect the baby. I know what reaction will I get if this news was revealed. That’s the reason I hide myself and told such lie. With my father didn’t approve our relationship, what choice do I have? Still, I don’t want to blame others. And I’m glad that I kept the baby,” Jessica answered.

 

 

 

“I didn’t want to continue doing mistakes. People might think that Mason’s a mistake in my life. But, he’s a wonderful gift that God sends to me and I hope people will never judge him because of my wrong doings,” she continued.

 

“it’s hard for me to choose either my career or this baby. I love acting so much and I never dream to stop my acting and modeling before this happened. Dad and I, we fought a lot. We disagreed with a lot of things. After I decided that I wanted to keep the baby, I ran away…” Jessica heard ‘ahhhh’ and ‘oooh’ from the reporters, responding to her story. “yes, I did run away because I know that dad will never agree to this. And that is when Nichkhun oppa came into the story,”

 

“you both did a commercial together before this right? So, you two must know each other well,” asked one of the reporters that sat at the middle of the room.

 

“yes we did but to say that we know each other so well, no we didn’t. In fact we both quarrel even at the set.” Jessica replied.

 

“so, you said that running into him was absolutely unintentional?” asked that reporter again.

 

Nichkhun answered the question for her. When the reporter asked about their relationship, they both admitted that they have feeling for each other. She didn’t want to live in lies any longer.

 

*****************************************

 

Hey guys. How are ya?! Today, when I opened my AFF account, I found out that I have reached 100 subscribers which I never expect to reach one day. Thank you for supporting my story. I promise that I will update sooner but I’m sorry for the short update. Let me say that I save the idea for my next update. I think you can guess that next chapter will be the last chapter for ECHO. But, don’t worry guys, I have 2 fanfics that already written out in my mind. So, I would like to have any recommendation from you guys about the couple that I will use for my next fanfic. I will do khunsica again because I’m a big fan of khunsica. But, I need another couple for my another fanfic. So, leave any comment about your favorite couple!!! And, next week, I will spend my good 4 days at Vietnam and I hope upon my return, I will be able to write the longest chapter of ECHO. I hope so. So, till then, anyong~

p/s: i do not how to write at the interview parts. i hope you guys satisfy with the story.