CHAPTER 4

ECHO

 

 

Jessica drove her car as fast as she can. She parked her car and run toward the elevator. She needed her comfort food. The words from her father really did blow her patient away. As soon as she was inside the house, she quickly made her way to the kitchen and grabbed the ice-cream inside the fridge. She ate the ice-cream while her tears role down non-stop. after she emptied the cup, she tried to call Taecyeon, but he didn’t pick up the call.

She needed someone to talk to, someone that really can understand her. Suddenly, she felt nauseous, like how she felt earlier in the morning. The urge to vomit forced her to run to the sink and vomit all her stomach content. Jessica quickly rinsed and walked to the sofa. felt so terrible. Her head throbbed with pain.

 

“what’s wrong with me? Vomit… and now headache? Urgh, what an unlucky day,” she whispered. Her eyes traveled through the room, but suddenly stopped at the calendar. Something troubled her mind. Her menstrual cycle. Slowly, she reached the calendar and tried to calculate the days.

 

“no no no.. this must be due to stress.. but, it’s always normal before,” she murmured when she realized it’s already about 1 month late. While she tried to calm her mind, suddenly her handphone vibrated.

 

“oh, yuri,” she said after picking up the call. Her hands were still rubbing .

 

“sica, are you home? Can I come over?” Yuri said with her delighted voice. She must be on her holiday now. Yuri worked as a stewardess. Once in a while, when she’s on her vacation, she will stay over Jessica’s house.

 

“emm.. I’m home,” Jessica replied.

 

“what’s wrong with you? Your voice sound so terrible,” she curiously asked.

 

“nah, I’m alright. Where are you now?” Jessica enlightened her voice a little bit.

 

“I’m at the convenience store now, buying some foods for us to stay over. Waaaaa, it has been for a while since a lazy around your house. Do you want anything?”

 

“nope,” she replied. She was actually thinking to ask yuri to buy the pregnancy test for her but, the word seemed stuck.

 

“ok, see you in 30 minutes. Bye…”

 

“yu.. yuri~.. can you do me a favor?” she cut before yuri ended the call.

 

“ok. What is it?” she questioned.

 

“can you, can you buy me….” She hesitated to continue.

 

“look Jessica, I’m not getting any younger here. Just spill it out.”

 

“well, you know. Canyoubuymeapregnancytestforme?” she said in one breath.

 

“what? I can’t get that sica. Haish, pally~” haish, this girl never bring her patience together.

 

Jessica sighed before continue. “ca.. can you buy me a preg.. pregnancy test please?”

 

“pregnancy test? Ok, roger that…. Wait? Pregnancy test? What the hell are you going to do with that? Sica, don’t tell me you,” she couldn’t continue her words.

 

“just say whatever you say yuri. Just buy me one and come here quick. I just need to confirm it. Come quick ok,” she said before ending the call.

 

***********************************************************

Yuri entered Jessica’s house immediately after the door is opened. Her eyes glued on Jessica’s eyes. She shot a questioning glare. Jessica stretched out her hand toward yuri.

 

“where is it?” she asked. Yuri got the thing out from the plastic bag but, she didn’t directly pass to Jessica.

 

“yuri, please, after I’ve done with this stupid test, I’ll explain. I promise,” Jessica hold her pinky. Yuri seemed understand with her condition now. She moved to the toilet. After the basic procedure, the result was ready. Jessica shut her eyes tightly. She was too afraid to know the truth. Suddenly, she heard a soft knock on the door.

 

“sica, are you alright?” she can hear yuri’s voice, asking for her condition.

 

“I’m alright. Just waiting for the result,” Jessica answered. She told herself that everything will be alright. Maybe, she was wrong about the pregnancy thingy. She opened her eyes and moved her hands that covered the reading on the kit. Her eyes widen as she saw the results.

 

“ANDWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~!!!!!!!!” she screamed. Yuri that still standing outside the door was shock with her reaction. She quickly knocked the bathroom door.

 

“Jessica!! Jessica!! Open the door sica,” she knocked while calling for Jessica’s name. After a while, yuri heard the door was opened and there was Jessica with her red puffy eyes. Her right hand was still holding the kit. Yuri grabbed the kit from Jessica’s hand and personally observed for the result. Her eyes caught the double pink line on the kit.

 

“yul-ah, ottoke? What am I going to do? I’m dead yuri if my parents know about this.” Jessica said while holding Yuri’s hand. Yuri did not know how to response. Everything seemed wrong at this time.

 

“ok, relax sica. Let’s get rid of this first. And now, take a seat.” She directed Jessica to the coach after throwing the kit into the bin. Jessica started to cry. Yuri brought Jessica to her embrace, trying to cool her down.

 

“is it taecyeon’s ….” Yuri couldn’t bring herself to finish the question. Jessica nodded her head. She explained her condition to Yuri. Everything. Nothing’s left behind.

 

“what should I do yul-ah?” again, she asked.

 

“ask him to marry you,” yuri said to Jessica. “like hell my father will allow us to get married. He went crazy when he knew that I date taec” she replied. She her hair.

 

“then, what are you going to do? Get rid of the baby?”

 

“NO!! that is the last thing that I’ll do yuri,” yuri looked into jessica’s eyes. She held her hand before continue. “so, what’s your plan now?”

 

She was about to continue when she heard knock on the door. Both of them looked upon the door. “I think that is my brother. Yuri, don’t tell him anything,” yuri nodded before standing up and walked to the door.

 

*************************************

 

Yunho stood still in front of Jessica’s apartment. Once again, he knocked on the door. After a short while, he heard a ‘click’, indicating that the door was unlocked from inside. The door open and his eyes met Yuri’s.

 

“oh, yuri, you come?” that girl just nodded her head while smiling.

 

“is Jessica inside?” he asked again.

 

“ne oppa. Come in oppa.” Yunho entered and his eye traveled to find Jessica. He quickly approached his sister when he found her sitting on the couch. Jessica looked pale.

 

“Jessica, what’s wrong? Are you sick?” he asked with concern.

 

“aniyo~ I’m just tired. Oppa, I told you, I won’t move.”

 

“Jessica, look, for this time being, just follow what dad want. I’ll help you to talk to dad about this. You know his temper right? If you keep doing this, things wouldn’t get any better. Now, we’ll pack your things, and we go back to dad’s house,” Yunho coaxed.

 

“you promise?” asked Jessica. Yunho nodded his head, answering his sister question.

 

“but oppa, I’ll go after this. I want to go out with yuri first.”

 

“but…”

 

“come on oppa, it’s has been months since she hang out with me. I’ll let her go home save and sound,” yuri interrupted. She knew, Jessica needed her to discuss with about her plan.

 

“ok, but don’t come home late. I don’t want you to cause any fight with dad again,” yunho answered.   

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

oh yeah.. we've done with 4th chapter..

i'm sorry for dissapointing but yes, jessica's pregnant.. 

huhu, enjoy reading guys