Shining hope

WinNinG to HurTinG HeArt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maki open her eyes, she feel refreshed and awaken but her body doesn’t seem to operate as usual. She searches for a blanket to wrap herself since the cold is attacking her bones. Her hand didn’t find it so she uses her legs but nothing work. She manages to pull herself up to get a clearer view but a figure on the sofa almost startles her. She forgets that she had a sleeping company last night. A smile slowly forges on her lips, she takes the blanket which falls to the floor and slowly cover the man, suddenly a flash happen in front of her.

“Honey?”

“Why are you shivering?”

She can clearly see Honey is in pain, but something is off. She tries to nudge him off with her hand but his hot temperature startled her.

“Honey, are you alright?

No answer coming from him, just the shivering starts to creep her out. She spends the night taking care of him. Maki wake up from the bed after checking his fever. She picked up the basin and towel from the drawer and hurried to the kitchen. After washing the entire utensil she grab the kitchen towel and wipe her hands. She looks around her and realized something weird.

Why she feels so familiar with this house? This is her first time here, but she knows where the medicine is, the utensil, even the spices. At first she doesn’t really care much since she is busy caring for Honey but now the place feel awkwardly common to her. She shakes her head, washing the thought away. She slowly peeks at Honey, who is still sounding asleep.

She closes the villa door as she step out from it, she take a look at the sun shining brightly as if there is no cloud in the sky. The wind blowing the sweet scent of the tree, the grass and the sea giving her the most calming feeling she ever taste. She sits on the huge rock and enjoy the scene.

She doesn’t know how long she’s been sitting on the rock, but she can 

a man voice calling her name. She steps down from the rock but her feet miss the step slightly made her crumbling to the ground. She can feel small pain on her knees and both of her palms; she can hear her name more clearly and louder. She tries to take the support from her arms to get up, she manage to lean on the huge rock but before she move in front she can a see a figure standing in front of her but not clear enough.

“Honey? Is that you?”

She makes a few steps more to get a clear view and bit by bit the figure become silhouette, she realize it is a woman shaking heavily in front of her.

“Miss, who are you?”

She moves again, but after few steps she abruptly stops. A gun catches her eyes, the woman is pointing a gun at her but she can’t still see her face.

“Mi..miss, what are you doing? Stop!”

Maki senses that the woman didn’t have any desire to stop, she try to back off quickly.

“Why? Why you take him away from me!”

A piercing shriek comes from that woman before a loud gunshot can be heard. As soon as the gunshot fired Maki feels a huge pain on the back of her head, she crumble down to the ground and held her head with both of her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter