Chapter 36

WinNinG to HurTinG HeArt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maki slowly creep into the living room where she can see clearly the man is sitting on the couch trying to treat his injured head. She manages to sit beside the man and give him a soft smile.

“You’ve read it?”

Maki just nodded softly with smile on her face slowly faded down.

“Can I help?”

Jaejoong raise his eyebrow and notice that Maki is giving him a sign to help him with the treatment. He passes the piece of cloth tainted with some oil. He turn his back so that Maki can get clearer view. Maki was hesitated to place the cloth on his head, it took her  a minute before she can properly clean his cut.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know.”

“Shouldn’t you have thousand of question for me right now?”

“Umm… I have. But I didn’t know which one to ask first.”

Again, an awkward silent fell between them. Maki plays with her both hands and looking around the room as if she was looking the right words while Jaejoong is still turning his back, he didn’t expect Maki to accept the situation this well.

“She really loves her parents then, she never questions his father decision.”

“Umm… what is your name?”

Jaejoong turn his head as fast as he can when he heard the question.

“Name? You don’t know my name?”

Maki shakes her head.

“I saw you at the hospital, I know you’re the one who hit me but I don’t know your name.”

Jaejoong feel something rush inside his chest, tears almost come out from his eyes but he kept on breathing hard to steady his feeling.

“I don’t hit you, I was the one who found you at the scene and take you to the hospital.”

“Really? Then why Erika..”

“My name is j… my name is Honey.”

“What?”

“Honey Kim, you can call me Honey.”

Maki eyes blink, still can’t believe what she just heard. She once heard a girl name honey but a man? Jaejoong almost laugh out seeing Maki’s reaction but he quickly look to the wall.

“Your father, what did he said in the letter?”

“Owh, that you’re protecting me from the loan shark looking for me and my family to redeem their money.”

“You’re not surprised why loan shark looking for your family?”

“Umm..”

Maki just fell silent, talking about the matter still hurt her heart. She knew she is the reason why her parents so addicted to gambling. If only her brother still alive, none of this would happen. But still she is happy as her father want to protect her, her father still care for her.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about that.”

“Ano, why my father send you? He should ask for Erika or Nari….right! Nari! You have phone? I need to call him.”

Jaejoong feel like someone just squeeze his heart.

“Your…your father ask me not to bring any telecommunication device as someone might detect them.”

“Owh…. Why are you helping me?”

“I’m not! I’m helping your father, I owe him once.”

“What is it?”

Jaejoong looks straight into her eyes, he really want to tell her everything he really want to make her remember but he know he can’t.

"Man thing."

Maki still doesn't satisfied with the answer but she knows she doesn't have the choice. Without her knowing she gaze straight to Jaejoong as if trying to remember something, how come a stranger feel so familiar? Jaejoong didn't dare to disturb her dazing as it might help her a bit but being put up to stand with her soft gaze make his heart beat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter