Chapter 34 -edit

WinNinG to HurTinG HeArt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maki can senses that the person beside him is not looking at her, she opens her eyes, and there she can clearly see a figure is shaking sitting beside her with his head on the bed. She realizes someone entering her room but she decided to ignore it since she thought it would be Nari or Erika. The atmosphere is the same as few nights before, when she starts to have good sleep, she feels so safe.

“Who is this guy? Why is he here? Is he crying?”

Maki still confuse with the man appearance, but she didn’t feel afraid at all. She doesn’t know how to react, she needs to push him away, it is normal for a girl to scream if she realize a stranger in her room but why she didn’t feel to scream at all. She glimpses at her hand which tangled with the man’s hand, all she knows she feels warm not just her hand but also her heart.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Good Morning.”

“Morning, Taku.”

Only Ryu answer his uncle greeting while both of his parents put down the spoon and the newspaper as if they lose their appetite.

“What are you going to do?”

Mr Horikita can’t keep his mouth shut for long, both of his hands are on the table with his sharp gaze is on Takuya.

“Geezz, you won’t even let me eat my pancake.”

“If you try to threatening us..”

“Come on, sis. You guys have nothing else to be threaten for.”

“So, what are you doing here?”

“Only one reason, Maki.”

“Maki is in vulnerable state, if you take notice we are trying to protect her.”

“Wrong use of words, bro. That is not protecting, it is call being use. And I think you guys use her enough.”

“How dare you! You come back after years, we don’t even know you live or not. And now you’re here claiming those words toward us, her parents?”

“Parents? Are you sure about that? Then why don’t you guys answer this! Why is she living outside the house when her campus is much farther from her apartment? Why isn’t she allowed to be in this house for the last two years? Why there is no single picture of her in this house except in Ryu’s room? Why she gets married with a stranger even before she finishes her studies? Why I didn’t get the invitation? Why is she crying on her wedding day? Why is she collapsed on her wedding day? Why you guys abandon her? Why she got to be blame for your son dead? Why? Why? Why?”

“Because she is the reason he is dead!”

A loud smack can be heard throughout the dining room, Mrs Horikita was shaking with her hand is touching her cheek which already in red, she could not believe it that her own brother just hit her.

“How could you? It was an accident, you guys know that Maki feel guilty for what happen, and you just put it all on her.”

“She feels guilty because she is guilty.”

“No, she feels guilty for you guys. She took the blames for you guys. So that you guys can live without the burden.”

“Burden? She is my burden since she existed in my stomach!”

“Sis!”

“Stop! Both of you!”

Mr. Horikita cannot stand them anymore. He takes a deep breath to calm down his self.

__________________________________________________________________________

Maki feel like her body froze to the point that she feels numb on her whole body. she still trying to understand why didn't she even try to push the man in front of her. She stay awake for hours looking straight at the figure sleeping on the edge of her bed. Her hand is still interwined with his and somehow if feel so warm until it reach into her heart.

"Who are you? Why are you here? Why do I feel like I know you?"

Maki's hand move slow and unconciously towards his head, wave of his hairs seem calling her to touch them like a habit. A sudden movement quickly made Maki close her eyes once more. she can hear a little moan coming from his mouth, then the door was open.

"Did she wake up yet?"

"Uh? No. Why?"

"I send you a message before and I call but you don't pick up Oppa."

Maki knows that voice, she know it is Erika.

"Wait, Oppa? They seem.... close."

"I must have miss them since I put it in vibrate. What's wrong?"

"Emergency. Follow me!"

With that Erika storm out from the room, she sound hurry base on her foot steps. Then she can feels a warm touch caressing her head and something moist on her forehead that make her hear suddenly beat out of rhythm. She stop breathing to control the beating afraid that he will notice and only gasp for air when the door is closing. She is sitting on her bed and quickly tap her chest to make the beating slow down, her other hand goes straight to her forehead where she feel moist just now. 

"Did he just put his lips on my forehead?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Jaejoong just watch the man in front of him, he seems nervous somehow. He tries to get the answer from Erika, but still she look the same as that man.

"May I know what is this all about?"

Erika tilt her head and cast her hair behind her ears, she looks again to the man sitting on the bench.

"Uncle, I think this is the right choice."

"What choice?"

Ja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter