Chapter 31

Don't Say Goodbye

Chapter 31

“Guigui, come on, eat something!” Uncle Ray persuaded as he placed the plate in front of me.

I shook my head, refusing to eat. I didn’t feel like eating.

“But you haven’t eaten anything since the day you came here. Come on, just a little!” Uncle Ray said, trying to persuade me.

“No, thanks. I’m cool.” I told him.

“But you look so pale. You must be feeling so weak. You need to eat something.” He said concernedly.

I apparently was not in the mood to feed my stomach. All I thought of was I wanted to get out of here.

It had been three days I was kept here. I didn’t know what would happen to me later on. I didn’t even know why I was kept here.

My heart thumped as I thought of the worst thing that could happen to me. Scared, I brushed the thought off.

I sat down, gently leaning my back against the wall, bringing my knees up to my chest to hug them.

I let out a small sigh, not caring how loud my stomach was growling. I didn’t even care about how weak my body was.

I took a look at uncle who was eating vigorously and a slight smile crept onto my face.

At least, I was not alone here. Uncle Ray was with me. He would talk to me about anything. He told me a lot about TOP and how proud he was of his only son.

“Hunger makes the food taste very good. Try it if you don’t believe me!” Uncle Ray said as he swallowed down everything he had in his mouth.

I let out a soft giggle as I watched the way he ate. He didn’t even chew his food properly.

Looking at the food, I thought about something. Funny how those people would come in here bringing food once a day.

I tried to ask them about why I was kept here and I never got the answer.

I anxiously turned to the door as I heard a sound behind the door.

Uncle stopped eating and he glared at me. It was then did I realize that I didn’t hear wrong. Someone was coming.

Three men came in and without saying a word; they walked over to us, pulling uncle and I up.

I looked at uncle confusedly, wondering if they were taking us somewhere.

“Where are we going?” Uncle asked one of the men anxiously.

They did not reply. They harshly dragged us out of the room. And we finally came into another room. It was bigger, like a warehouse.

Those men pushed uncle and I to the ground.

Soon, I heard brisk footsteps from behind. Growing anxious, I instantly turned around. To my surprise, Leo was walking to our direction. There were around twenty men following behind him like they were his bodyguards.

“Well… Well… If it isn’t Guigui, the lucky girl.” He smirked and stood before us.

I froze, not knowing what to say and do.

“Leo, what are you planning this time?” Uncle Ray asked.

Leo laughed. “It’s really none of your business. You’re not a part of the gang anymore.”

“Why did you bring Guigui here? I know you must have planned something evil.” Uncle Ray accused naturally.

“You’re really smart for a dumb person like you.” Leo smirked in an evil way.

I looked at Uncle Ray as I was confused. A part of my mind was telling me that this was not going to lead me to something good. But I kept brushing those thoughts away.

I heard my heart thump so loud and I was scared. I took a breath, trying to calm myself down.

“I’m here.” I heard a husky voice say from behind.

Upon hearing that familiar voice coming from behind, I anxiously turned around.

“TOP!” I said in surprise. Why was he here?

Oh wait. He couldn’t be the one, who kidnapped me, could he?

No! He was fighting with Calvin when someone covered my mouth from behind, and…

Leo smirked. And I saw TOP walk towards us. His eyes were still and fierce. He walked and didn’t even bother to look at me even for a glance. He stopped not too far from uncle and me.

“Now that you have Guigui, please let my dad go!” TOP said sternly.

Leo let out a chuckle. “True, I did promise you that if you brought me this girl, I would let your dad go.”

My eyes widened in shock upon hearing what Leo had just said. So that day, TOP was going to bring me over to Leo to be exchanged with his dad?

No! I couldn’t believe my ears. He actually tried to kidnap me to be exchanged with his dad.

“But… apparently you failed. My men were the one who brought the girl here, not you!” Leo accused, his voice harsh.

“Isn’t it the same? She’s already here! You got what you want.” TOP replied, raising his tone.

Why was it like this? So, what Leo wanted was me? But why me? What did he want from me?

“Let me think about it.” Leo raised his eyebrows, laughing.

“What do you want me to do then?” TOP asked impatiently.

I could tell from his voice that he was very impatient. I could swear that if there weren’t these many guys here, TOP had already punched Leo and knocked him out.

I glanced at Uncle Ray. His mouth was open, but no words could come out of it. I bet he, too, was confused and didn’t know what to do.

“Honestly, I didn’t believe that you would bring this girl here. And I guess I was right to send my men to follow you.” Leo admitted.

“You… how coul--”

A man suddenly came and ran towards Leo. He then whispered something to Leo’s ear. I saw Leo nodded in reply and told him something. The man left not long after.

“I’m sorry. I’m afraid that I still have another business to be taken care of.” Leo laughed in an evil way.

Gee, I really hated the way he laughed. Not that he was too evil, but the way he laughed was very annoying.

Leo signaled one his men something. One of his men then walked up to me and dragged me with him to stand behind Leo. Ten guys or more guarded me. Two of them were holding me as if I was a hostage.

“What do you want from me?” I finally asked as I struggled from the guys’ grips. But I was just too weak.

“Don’t worry! I promise I won’t hurt you if he brings me what I want.” Leo smirked over his shoulder.

He? Who was he talking about?

As I struggled, I looked at TOP, trying to catch his gaze. But he avoided eye contacts with me. He looked away.

Not long after, one of Leo’s men who had come in before, came back. Apparently, he was not alone.

What surprised me more was that, I saw ‘him’ walking behind Leo’s guy.

Yes, him. The person I wanted to see the most.

“Aaron?” I called softly.

= = = = = = =

double chapter