Chapter 11

Don't Say Goodbye

Chapter 11

This is the continuation of the previous chapter. I was supposed to make it one chapter, but I was too lazy =P

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

“Don’t tell me you fall in love?” Calvin chuckled.

Aaron didn’t answer. He took a sip of his drink.

It’s not that Aaron didn’t want to answer his best friends. But he, himself didn’t even know the answer to the question. He didn’t know what was wrong with him tonight.

Aaron fell silent and had no expression on his face. He heaved a huge sigh. Calvin, Jiro, and Chun couldn’t understand what Aaron was thinking. They could only shook their heads seeing his friend looking troubled.
Ever since his sister’s death, Aaron never talked much. He never let his best friends know what he was thinking nor feeling. He would rather keep it himself.

Calvin, Jiro, and Chun knew Aaron too well. Although they didn’t know what Aaron was thinking, they would always know when something was wrong with him.

Aaron picked up his fork and started eating his food.

“I didn’t see Guigui today. Where did she go?” Breaking the silence, Chun asked Aaron who was sitting next to him.

Aaron shrugged his shoulders and continued eating his food. He didn’t know how to answer his friend’s question as he didn’t even know where Guigui was.

Calvin crossed his arms, “Speaking of Guigui, I don’t know if you guys feel the same, but I find Guigui is a lot like Han.”

Jiro choked, “What are you saying? Guigui is Guigui. Han is Han. They’re two different people.”

“I’m not saying about her appearance, but there’s just this feeling that makes me feel like I’m with Han whenever I’m around Guigui.” Calvin explained with a serious look on his face.

“It’s really funny because I feel that, too.” Chun agreed as he took a bite of his food.

“I don’t know what makes her a lot like Han.” Calvin said as he took a sip of his soft drink.

Aaron stopped eating his food and raised his eyebrows at Calvin who was sitting opposite him.

Calvin choked on his drink as he felt a pair of eyes was looking at him, “You think so, too?”

“I--”Aaron couldn’t finish his words.

“I know what makes Guigui a lot like Han.” Chun said. He swallowed down whatever he had in his mouth before he continued, “It’s the way they smile. Don’t you think the way they smile always make people around them feel happy?”

“Now that you said it, I think I feel that too.” Jiro nodded his head. “They both have innocent smiles.”

Why exactly are the boys talking about Guigui now?

---

“Thank you for bringing me here. This is really good.” I thanked Achord as I just finished my food. Oh boy, that was really good. I’d never eaten something like this before. No wonder it was very expensive.

“It’s my pleasure.” Achord shot a warm smile at me. I still found it a bit weird that he brought me here tonight.

“Gui,…” He said quietly.

“Hmm, yeah?” I looked at him. His face turned serious.

“I-I don’t know how to say this.” He said nervously as he stared at the window.

“What do want to say?” I asked. Why did he look so nervous? I wouldn’t bite, really.

He looked back at me, “I-I’m moving to the States.” He said and he let out a huge breath. What?

“I’m sorry. W-what?” I asked as I couldn’t believe my ears.

He sighed deeply. “Yeah. You know that my dad’s health has been failing lately. It’s getting worse every day. He needs a heart transplant soon or else… Anyway, my mom found a very good doctor in the States, so she decided to bring dad to the States and get a transplant there. Mom wants me to come with them, so we’re moving for good.” I could hear the sadness that came out of his voice.

This was too sudden. Achord’s leaving? Does that mean I won’t see him anymore?
Nooo… I would miss him so much. My mind went blank and I didn’t know what to say. Not a single word came out of my mouth.

Although we’ve only been together as a couple for five months, I’d known him since we were in high school. We were best friends back then. We’d done many things together. I didn’t want to lose my best friend,… ugh I mean boyfriend.

“W-when are you leaving?” I asked, trying to sound calm.

“Soon.” He forced a smile. He still looked adorable though. Soon? How soon is soon?

“How abo--?”

He cut me off, “Will you come with me?” He looked at me with a serious expression on his face.

I looked at him, waiting for him to say that it was just a joke. But his expression was getting more serious now. It was then did I realize that he was serious. Would I come with him? The answer was I didn’t know. I really didn’t know.
Even though he’s such a good friend and a caring boyfriend, I don’t think I love him enough to come with him. Moreover, I still have my mom here. I can’t leave my mom.

“Achord, I--” I sighed softly. I couldn’t continue. I didn’t know how to reject his offer without hurting his feelings.

Achord stared at me, waiting for an answer. “I want you to come with me. I’m serious about this. I’ll take care of everything, so don’t worry. I need you, Gui. I really do. I can’t leave you here. I can’t do a long distance relationship and you know me.”

His words were roaming in my head now. Why would he need me? Why… I would only be a trouble to him. But if I didn’t go with him, does that mean we would be over?

I stared into his eyes, but no words came out of my mouth. He heard my intake of breath, though it was barely audible to my own ears. He rubbed his hand in mine and then held it tightly.

“I can’t go with you.” I said in a calm tone as I lightly pulled my hand from his grip.

“Why?” He looked disappointed.

“Achord, I can’t leave my mom.” I told him honestly. Even if I could leave mom, I would still think twice whether or not to go with him.

“Gui…” He sighed softly, “Go with me and I promise I’ll bring your mom to the States soon after everything’s settled there.” He said as he forced a smile. Oh dear God, I didn’t know how to answer now. I didn’t want to hurt him.

“It’s not that easy.” I said as I bowed my head down. I had just started my life in this city. I have Aaron and the rest as my friends now. It wouldn’t be easy if I had to move to the States and start it all over again. Moreover, they would be talking some weird language that I wouldn’t understand.

“Will you think about it, please?” He begged sincerely.

I looked at him. I smiled quietly as I couldn’t resist his cuteness. Maybe I should think about it. It’d be a good chance, too. My mom wouldn’t have to work in a pub anymore. She might get a better job in the States.

“Listen, I--” I didn’t get to finish my sentence because his cell phone suddenly rang.

He took out his cell phone out from his pocket and answered, “Hello.”

I took a sip of my glass of red wine as I watched him talking on the phone.

“WHAT?” He shouted in shock, making me choke on my drink. I looked at him, trying to read his expression. It didn’t seem like a good one. He frowned. “Okay, I’m going now.” He said before he hung up the phone.

“What happened?” I asked with a concern look.

“My dad got a heart attack, again. Mom’s bringing him to the hospital now. I’m afraid I have to leave. I’m really sorry.” He said. He looked sad.

“It’s all right. He’ll be fine. Do you want me to come with you?” I asked.

“No, it’s okay. I’ll take you home first, so let’s go!” He stood up from the chair.

“I can manage. You should go see your dad now.” I told him as I stood up from my seat.

He stared at me in disbelief. “But it’s already late. Are you sure?”

“I’m very sure. Go now, your dad needs you.” I flashed a reassuring smile at him.

“Okay. Be careful.” He walked up to me and planted a warm kiss on my forehead. “And don’t forget to think about it.”

~~~

The street was empty. I was walking home now. The summer breeze was blowing slowly, throwing my hair over my face. It was in the evening, so it wasn’t hot but cool instead. I loved the night breeze in the summer.

As I was walking, I started to remember what Achord had told me. He wanted me to move to the States with him.
I fell deep in thoughts as I was walking. I didn’t know what I wanted. I don’t love him enough to accept his offer.
Why was I thinking about this now? Why, at a time like this, did I just realize that I wasn’t in love with him?
I didn’t know the answer.
Now that I think about it, maybe I love Achord only as a best friend or a brother.

I shook my head as I didn’t want to think about this anymore.

I had a bad feeling all of the sudden. I felt someone’s presence as I heard footsteps behind me.
I paused for a while and turned around to see who it was. There was no one. Maybe it was just my feeling. I continued walking home. And I heard the footsteps once again. I started having goose bumps. I didn’t know why but I had the feeling that this wasn’t something good for me.
I paused again. Once again, I turned to see if someone was walking behind me. But there was no one. Gosh… I was getting scared now. I’d better get home real fast.

I was running now. I just wanted to get home as fast as I could. I had the feeling that someone was following me. Who could it be?

= = = = = = = =

Hello guys, Thank you for the nice comments :D
Oh no… Achord is leaving :(
I feel like doing something bad to Guigui and I won’t let Aaron rescue her this time HAHAHA.