Chapter 18

Don't Say Goodbye

Chapter 18

My head felt a bit dizzy. I was tired and I felt weak. My stomach felt like it had died from hunger that it didn’t even have the power to growl.
I had not eaten anything since yesterday morning. Not that I didn’t want to eat, I just didn’t get a chance to eat yesterday.

“Gui, are you all right?” Xiao Xun asked concernedly as we walked out of History class. It was a good thing that Xiao Xun and I had two classes together.

I nodded. “I’m okay. I’m just a bit tired.” I was very tired. I wanted to have some rest, but I still had so many things to do.

“You look really tired. Have you been staying up late?” She asked.

“Yeah. I have so many things to do.” I said in a calm tone.

“What have you been doing?” She asked curiously.

“Been helping my mom with stuff.” I told her. It wasn’t a lie. I was really helping my mom to pay off the debts, but she didn’t need to know that part.

“Get some rest, will you?” Xiao Xun really cared about me. That was what I loved about her. She was like a sister to me.

“I know... I know… I will.” I told her. “Aren’t you supposed to go to your geography class now?”

She looked at her watch. “Oh shoot! I’m late. Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow. Take care okay?”
She hugged me.

I hugged back. “Okay. Bye.”

I watched as she quickly ran to her next class.

My day was not over yet. It was now time to go for my boxing practice.
I wanted to have a fifteen hours sleep, really.

As I walked toward the school entrance, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around.

“Going home?” TOP shot a friendly smile at me. “Walking home all by yourself is so not fun. How about let me walk with you?”

“Erm, actually I’m not going home but sure.” I told him and smiled at him.

“Great. I feel so bored every time I walk home by myself.” He said and we started walking.
“Gui, you look pale. Are you not feeling well?” TOP asked. I didn’t expect my friends to notice me feeling tired like this.

“No.” I answered.

“But you--”

“It is a girl’s thing, you know? That… thing.” I lied and winked at him.

“Oh Oh…” He nodded in understanding and rubbed his head.

~

We got off the bus and walked toward the academy. It wasn’t that far from the bus stop.
I didn’t know why TOP wanted to take me to the academy so bad.
I told him that I could manage by myself, but he kept saying that he wanted to come.

“One… you’re like a dream come true…
Two… Just wanna be with you…
Three… Girl it’s plain to see, that you’re the only one for me.
Four… repeat steps one to three.
Five… make you fall in love with me.
If ever I believe my work is done, then I’ll start back at one…” TOP sang as he stared at me. His voice was beautiful. I never knew he could sing.

“….
I never would’ve made it very far.
Cause you know you got the keys to my heart….
Cause one…” He didn’t even watch where he was going. He kept singing to me. His eyes were on me as we walked. He had a serious expression on his face.
I couldn’t help but smile quietly.

We were about 100 yards from the academy. TOP’s free hand flew to my right hand and we had stopped walking.
Standing face to face, he took my hand and placed it on his chest as he sang.
Then he turned me clockwise and sang the last line of the song before he kissed my hand.
My lips curled into a smile as I watched what he just did. He was such a sweet guy.

“Now I see why so many girls like you.” I teased.

He smiled shyly. He, himself, knew that he was such a sweet guy.

“Girls are like lollipop, so they…” TOP was talking, but I wasn’t paying attention to him anymore.
My eyes were fixed on a guy who was walking toward where TOP and I were standing.

It was Aaron. His eyes were staring at me. I smiled at him, but he didn’t respond.

“… That’s how it supposed to be.” TOP said. That was the only part I could catch. I wasn’t paying attention to his words.

As Aaron got closer, I could see his eyes were like burning in fire. He looked angry, but what was he angry for?

Aaron tapped TOP’s shoulder and turned him around before he gave TOP a punch in the face.
What the…
It was a hard punch. Aaron was a boxer for heaven sake. He knew how to punch very well.

“TOP!” I yelled and rushed up to him. “Are you okay?”

TOP lightly rubbed the area where he got hit. “I’m all right.”

TOP glared at Aaron coldly, but he didn’t take his revenge. He did not punch back.

I looked up at Aaron. “What the hell was that for? Why did you hit my friend?”
I was mad, really. He came and hit my friend. That was so not cool.

Aaron took a quick glance at me and turned to look back at TOP. He gave TOP a cold glare.

I realized Aaron and TOP were glaring coldly at each other as if they were old enemies who just met again.

“Guigui, get behind me!” Aaron demanded. His eyes were still glaring at TOP.

“No. Why should I?”

“JUST DO WHAT I SAID!” He yelled angrily. What was wrong with Aaron?

“NO!” I disagreed. I didn’t know what he was thinking that he hit my friend.

“GUIGUI!” He yelled and was still angry.

“NO, unless you tell me what your problem is!”

“Don’t make me use force!” He warned. Like I was afraid…

“NO! NO! NO! AND NO!” I could be stubborn too sometimes

Aaron walked up to me and took my wrist.

“Let me go!” I struggled as he forcefully pulled me to stand behind his back. He was too strong. I couldn’t win.

Aaron let go of his hand from my wrist and grabbed TOP’s collar.
Aaron snarled. TOP looked at Aaron.
I saw Aaron’s hand was suddenly hard on TOP’s shoulder. TOP’s jaw clenched.

“Keep your hands off of her.” Aaron growled. What did he mean? Was he watching…?

TOP didn’t answer. He smirked and looked away from Aaron.

“Who are you to her? What if I don’t want to?” TOP sounded challenging.

Aaron clenched his fist. He raised his arm and was ready to give TOP another punch.

“No. Don’t hit him, please. He’s my friend.” I had to come in between the two. I held Aaron’s arm, trying to stop him from giving TOP another punch.

Aaron furiously pulled his arm away from my grip and made me almost fell down. He was strong.

My head suddenly started spinning. It was getting faster and faster. I was feeling faint now.
All around me I could hear Aaron’s and TOP’s light breaths.

My vision was getting darker. I blinked a few times as I tried to hold on to my consciousness. I breathed slowly in and out through my mouth.

“Guigui!” That was the last thing I heard from Aaron and TOP before I out.

= = = = = = = = =

Omigod. Hopefully it wasn’t lame :(
Let’s just say TOP sings really good in this story instead of raps.
And I was just kidding about a hundred comments haha.
Thank you everyone <3