Chapter 29

Immortal Seoul

I'm really in love Taeyeon thought. She sat opposite Choa at the dinner table watching her eat. Her heart was happy in this moment being here now with the girl she used to watch from the shadows. In the short time they spent together Taeyeon felt she had become attached. It was unlike her to be clingy to say the least but even now she had the urge to reach out and grab Choa's free hand. But she didn't grab her hand, she just continued to watch her. Choa was usually a bright person always smiling but today she wore a straight expression. She seemed deep in thought eating slowly while staring out into space. Taeyeon wondered what she was thinking, Choa was always hard to read. She was good at hiding her emotions. Choa turned to her, the familiar smile returning to her face.

"Why do you do that?" Choa raised her brows "... watch me eat?"

"Does it bother you?"

"No..." Choa put down her chopsticks and leaned back in her chair. "But it does bother me when you answer my questions with a question."

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean..." There was fearlessness about Choa that had Taeyeon apologetic. She was unlike the girls she dated in the past who catered to her out of fear of her leaving. She always spoke her mind and Taeyeon loved her more for it. "I miss food... the taste of it. So in a way it's satisfying to watch someone else eat. In my mind I try to remember what chicken or beef tastes like. It's all so different now... I have no desire to eat but eating still fascinates me."

"Have you tried eating food as a vampire?"

Taeyeon smiled and nodded. "Out of curiosity one night I cooked a small meal for myself. It looked good and smelled even better but the taste of it alone was horrible. I couldn't take one bite and I never tried to eat food again after that."

Choa laughed and took a small bite of her food. "Maybe it's because you're a bad cook."

Taeyeon blinked several times her eyes wide with shock. "You really think so?" Everyone she cooked for always said her food was good.

"I'm joking..." Choa laughed again "... your food is always delicious."

"You're very funny." Taeyeon relaxed into her chair.

"Why haven't you bitten me? Choa had been curious for a while about it. She was a little scared to ask but she wanted to know all the same.

"Do you want me to bite you?"

Choa rolled her eyes and sighed. "There you go again..."

"Sorry..." Taeyeon smiled "...it's hard to say why really. I... I just want us to have a normal relationship... if that makes any sense. I don't want you to think of me as a vampire."

"But you are a vampire."

"Yes... I am." Silence fell between them for a moment until Choa spoke again.

"What if I don't want to be a vampire? Choa asked out of the blue. She seemed to like asking the hard questions at random times.

Taeyeon didn't have an answer for that. She knew this conversation would come up someday but she didn't think it would be so soon. "You don't have to be a vampire... if you don't want."

Choa could see the disappointment on Taeyeon's face. "You want me to become one, don't you?"

"I want you to be happy..." Taeyeon got up from the table and made her way to the couch.

Choa followed and sat crossed legged on the couch facing her. "Are you upset with me?"

"No..." Taeyeon shook her head. "Ending your life is not an easy decision. I would never force death upon you... but I will give you eternal life if you ever desire."

"Come here." Choa pulled Taeyeon closer and planted a kiss on her lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." Taeyeon returned the kiss as her phone started to buzz against the end table.

"Your phone... it's ringing." Choa managed to say between soft kisses.

"I don't care..." Taeyeon moved closer to Choa, her mind filled with the taste of her soft lips. "It stopped ringing anyway."

"Mhm..." Choa hummed into the kiss as thoughts of the phone faded. She just wanted Taeyeon closer, she wasn't close enough.

Words ended and moans began as they became lost in each other's embrace. Their hands exploring while clothing dropped to the floor. The buzz of Taeyeon's phone went ignored the second time but the third time Choa could no longer ignore.

"Taeyeon... stop." Choa pushed her away breathlessly. "You have to answer your phone."

Taeyeon her lips and sighed. "It's probably nothing."

"No one calls three times in a row for nothing Taeyeon... answer your phone."

"Okay I'm answering." Taeyeon said defeated. When she reached her phone it had stopped ringing again. But all three calls had come from Tiffany. Taeyeon stared down at the phone in her hand.

"Who was it? Choa asked.

Taeyeon looked up "...Tiffany."

"Tiffany..." Choa repeated grabbing her shirt from the floor and pulling it back on. "I didn't know you were still talking to Tiffany."

"I'm not..." Taeyeon frowned "...I haven't spoken to her since that day... since the mural. I don't know why she would call."

"Hm..." Choa shrugged and brushed her bangs out of her eyes. "Unfinished business... maybe you should call her back."

Taeyeon smiled at the look on Choa's face. Her words sounded more like a dare then a genuine request. "I don't think I will."

"Why are you smiling?" Choa looked even more annoyed now.

"No reason..." Taeyeon was about to put her phone down when it buzzed in her hand. She looked down and sighed when Tiffany's name popped up on the screen.

"It's her again isn't it?" Choa inquired and Taeyeon nodded. "You should answer what if she's in trouble?"

"She is trouble..." Taeyeon said looking into Choa's eyes.

"I don't disagree." Choa smiled "...but what if she needs your help?"

"Okay I'm answering." Taeyeon shook her head and pressed the answer button. "Hello..."

"Tae... Taeyeon..." Tiffany's voice was broken and a little hard to hear.

"Tiffany...? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Taeyeon listen..." Tiffany sounded like she was crying. "This guy told me to give you a message. He said it is time for you and your family to meet true death. He said he found your maker and he was going to end this tonight."

Taeyeon's mind started to race in ten different directions but she tried to stay focused. "Do you remember the guy? Did he say who he was?"

"Yes... I remember him clearly. He was tall with dark hair. He said has name was Taecyeon and you will know who he is."

"Taecyeon..." Taeyeon repeated "...yeah I know who he is. Thank you Tiffany for telling me this, he didn't hurt you did he?"

"No... but Taeyeon..." Tiffany's voice faded into silence.

"Yes...?"

"I... I'm sorry... about everything... goodbye Taeyeon." The call ended before Taeyeon could reply.

"What did she want?" Choa questioned wondered why Taeyeon was just staring down at her phone.

"There are things going on in my life that I haven't had time to explain..." Taeyeon stood and grabbed her keys from the end table. "Unfortunately I don't have time to explain them now but I promise to explain everything when I get back." Taeyeon placed a kiss on Choa's lips. "I love you."

*****

"That was great..." Minho eased the pressure on the knife against Tiffany's neck. "That whole apology and goodbye was ing brilliant!"

A single tear rolled down Tiffany's cheek. She couldn't believe how easily she had been played.

"Are you crying?" Minho moved the knife from her neck to her cheek wiping the tear onto it. "You cared for her didn't you?"

"You're a monster..."

"Thank you." Minho stood grabbing his pants from the floor. "Women tend to tell me that after we've had and I'm quite literally a monster, being that I'm a werewolf and all."

" you!"

Minho sighed and put on his shirt. "You're upset... I can see that." He sat down on the bed next to her but she moved away. "Listen Tiff... can I call you Tiff?" He paused for a small moment but Tiffany didn't answer. She only stared back at him with disgust in her eyes.

"It doesn't have to end like this you know. I know you must think I'm crazy after the whole knife thing but this is not who I am. Maybe after all this is over I can show you the real me."

"Get the out of my apartment."

"Okay..." Minho stood up from the bed "I have to make a couple phone calls anyway." He pulled on his jacket and headed for the door. "I'll call you." He said over his shoulder as he left the apartment.

Outside he pulled out his phone and dialed a number. It rang a couple times before the other line answered.

"Hello?" Choa was still sitting on her couch trying to find something to watch on TV. She didn't know when Taeyeon would be back but she had decided to stay up until she did. She wanted to know exactly why Taeyeon had run off after Tiffany called. She never would have allowed a boyfriend to run off after an ex called. Taeyeon definitely had some explaining to do.

"Choa! It's Minho. How's it going?"

"Minho...?" Choa frowned at the unknown number... "Um... pretty good I guess."

"I know this is out of the blue but are you busy right now?" Minho hoped Taeyeon had taken the bait and left Choa home alone.

"No... not really."

"Ah... that's great." Minho smiled to himself and open his car door. "I thought maybe you would like to have coffee with me since I'm in your area."

"Um... I don't know," Choa looked at her watch and it was a quarter pass 12. "...it's getting kind of late."

"Yeah it is kind of late." Minho gave his best sigh. "If you don't want to come out I understand... maybe another time."

Choa really didn't feel like going out but her plan was to stay up so a cup of coffee wouldn't hurt and she could catch up with Minho. "Okay sure let's have coffee but you're buying."

"Yeah of course... what kind of guy do you think I am? You know the 24 hour coffee house around the corner from your apartment? We can meet there in 15."

"The one with the amazing apple pie? Oh my god I love that place... okay I'll see you in 15."

"See you soon..." Minho ended the call and started his car. He had one more call to make before he met up with Choa.