Chapter 3

Immortal Seoul

Taeyeon was awakened by the strong metallic smell of blood mixed with a hint of roses and strawberries. She opened her eyes and turned her head toward the sleeping girl snuggled up next to her. The girl covered half Taeyeon's body with her own, her arm flung over Taeyeon's chest and her leg lay between her own. She could feel the warmth of the girl's blood as it pulsed against her cold skin. Taeyeon tried to remove herself from the girl's intoxicating embrace but the movement stirred the sleeping girl waking her.

"Taeyeon ah..." The girl groaned and tighten her grip around Taeyeon's neck with a shiver. "You're finally awake." She groaned again and placed a kiss on the crook of Taeyeon's neck.

Taeyeon grimaced at the warmth of the girl's lips as she continued to place small pecks along the most sensitive part of her neck that only her most intimate partners knew. A small moan escaped Taeyeon's lips and she could feel the smile spread across the girl's lips against her skin. Taking the moan as a sign to go further she shifted herself to sit on top of Taeyeon and shot her a wicked grin.

"Are you hungry?" The girl asked seductively, ing her shirt halfway and pulling one side down exposing clearly.

Taeyeon stared up at her for a moment and then shook her head no.

"Taeyeon ah!" The girl pouted and slapped Taeyeon's arm hard only hurting her own hand. "You haven't eaten in weeks, what's wrong with you?" She narrowed her eyes at her and crossed her arms. "Have you been seeing someone else?" The girl questioned with the sound of hurt in her voice. Taeyeon sighed weakly and sat up so that they were face to face. She cupped the girl's face in her hands and pulled her into a deep kiss. They kissed passionately for a while until Taeyeon pulled away making the girl groan and pout again.

"I'm not seeing anyone else." Taeyeon looked directly into the girl's eyes. "I just haven't been hungry lately."

"But you're so cold... let me warm you." She tightened her legs around Taeyeon's waist connected their mouths again. She pulled Taeyeon's lower lip into it and then bit into it hard drawing blood.

"What the hell Sunmi!" Taeyeon pulled away frowning and touched her lip. The cut had already healed but it still hurt. Sunmi smiled and a bit of blood from Taeyeon's lip.

"Bite me back." She grinned wickedly and kissed Taeyeon once more. When she broke the kiss Taeyeon bared her fangs. "That's my girl." Sunmi leaned forward and tried to kiss Taeyeon again but she turned her face slightly and bit hard into her neck making her cry out in pain.

Sunmi pulled Taeyeon's hair as she at the two small holes her fangs had made. She could feel herself warm as Sunmi's blood coursed through her veins. The feeling was pure ecstasy, nothing she had experienced in life or death could compare. She lost herself in the feeling, her senses sharpened like a knife's edge and she could feel and hear everything around her. She drank deeply for a while longer until she felt Sunmi's grip on her hair loosen and the beat of her heart slow. Taeyeon pulled away and her lips slowly. Sunmi leaned against her not having enough energy to hold herself up anymore. Taeyeon watched as the blood continued to trickle down Sunmi's neck. She bit into her own finger and rubbed her blood over the two small holes healing them instantly. She laid the now drowsy girl down on her bed and headed toward the door.

"Taeyeon ah... don't leave me." Sunmi called weakly.

"Shh..." Taeyeon said softly turning to face her. "Rest, I will bring you something to eat." Sunmi nodded and closed her eyes. Taeyeon watched the sleeping girl for a moment and then exited the room.

As she entered the kitchen, Sunny and Hyoyeon were sitting at the island counter. One was smirking at her, the other frowning.

"How was your meal? You have that after dinner glow about you or did you get a little desert on the side as well?" Sunny teased and nudged Hyoyeon who just rolled her eyes.

"I thought we couldn't bring food home." Hyoyeon said sarcastically. "I guess that only applies to the two of us." She looked at Sunny and then back to Taeyeon.

"You know it's different." Taeyeon took a seat facing her two companions. "One: I don't kill my partners, two: she knows exactly who I am... what I am and three: she brought herself." Taeyeon looked at the two girls and smiled. "She even watches over the apartment in the day. How weird would it be if no one ever entered or exited during sunlight hours?"

"I guess you're right but it's still a little unfair. Sometimes I like to have desert in the comfort of my own room too you know." Hyoyeon pouted and Taeyeon couldn't help but laugh at the girl's sulking face.

"You should just get a room and have desert before dinner. That's what I usually do anyway." Sunny chimed in.

"Nobody asked you." Hyoyeon shot back and pushed Sunny playfully.

"Yah, how dare you!" Sunny returned the playful shove.

"Kids... behave your selves." Taeyeon walked over to the refrigerator leaving the two shoving girls behind. Sunmi always stocked the frig with food for herself so it was easy to find something. Taeyeon decided to make her a veggie omelet. She cooked it quickly without much effort and poured a glass of orange juice.

"Aren't you the perfect little girlfriend?" Sunny jested. "I never should have let you go."

Hyoyeon frowned at the both of them. "Sunny... stop being gross. You two are like my sisters and I don't want to hear about your sick twisted past." She shook her head and covered her ears.

"That's ancient history" Taeyeon bit her lip and smirked "and she's not my girlfriend."

"Um hm, right... you never change Kim Taeyeon, forever breaking hearts" Sunny grumbled.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Taeyeon smiled and left the room with the food she made in hand.

Returning to her bedroom Sunmi was still lying in bed but she sat up when she saw Taeyeon enter.

"You feeling better?" She asked as she handed the plate to Sunmi. "I made you an omelet." Taeyeon sat down on the bed and placed the orange juice on the nightstand.

"Thank you" she took a bite of the omelet and moaned. "Mmm... Tae this is so good." She took another bite and smiled but then frowned as she looked at Taeyeon who was watching her eat silently, unmoving.

"What?" Taeyeon blinked a few times. "Are you not hungry?" She tilted her head questioningly.

"No, it's not that" she took another small bite of the omelet and then pushed the plate away. "It's just sad really..."

"What's sad?" Taeyeon was confused by the sudden change in Sunmi's mood and the girl's emotions were unclear.

"This omelet is sad" she picked up the plate and held it up to Taeyeon's face. "You cooked this delicious omelet and you can't even enjoy it!" She put the plate back down and frowned. "That's what's sad."

Taeyeon smirked and cut a piece of the omelet, she held it up to Sunmi's mouth. "I enjoy watching you eat it."

"Really?" Sunmi pouted and scanned Taeyeon's eyes.

"Really." She raised her eyebrows and smiled. Sunmi returned the smile after a moments hesitation and took the piece of omelet into . "Finish up before it gets cold." She handed the chopsticks back to her and again watched silently as she ate.

"I'm so full now" Sunmi patted her stomach after finishing the omelet and glass of orange juice. "I need to work some of this off." She put the plate to the side and found her way back into Taeyeon's lap. "Will you help me work it off?" She placed small kisses on Taeyeon's lips between each word.

"Wait..." Taeyeon tried to move away from the girl's hungry lips but Sunmi was unrelenting. "Wait..." Taeyeon mumbled again grabbing the girl's face in one hand and pushing her back a little. "I need to talk to you."

"No, I don't want to talk." Taeyeon studied Sunmi's eyes and she could see tears starting to form in them. Sunmi's emotions were still unclear, Taeyeon could feel longing, lust, love but sadness and pain were the two strongest emotions.

"What's wrong?" Taeyeon questioned. "Why are you crying?" She reached up and wiped away the single tear that fell from Sunmi's eye.

"It doesn't matter..." she smiled sadly and wiped the second tear away. "Tell me later." She said placing another kiss on Taeyeon's lips. "Right now I just want you."

"But it's important." Taeyeon sighed and ran her hands through Sunmi's hair.

"I don't care... just tell me later." Sunmi pleaded this time.

"Okay..." Taeyeon relented and Sunmi kissed her passionately. It was true that drinking human blood was pure ecstasy, but having desert until dawn was definitely a close second Taeyeon thought.

*****

"Which one of you knuckleheads told Sunmi we were leaving?" Taeyeon sat on the couch in their living room the next evening. She looked between the two girls, Hyoyeon shrugged and shook her head. Taeyeon looked at Sunny who gave her a guilty smile.

"I didn't tell her we were leaving." Sunny furrowed her brows and bit the side of her lip. "I just asked if you said anything to her about leaving."

"Big difference" Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "You know she kept biting me last night."

Sunny laughed. "Don't you bite her all the time?"

"Ha ha, real funny." Taeyeon scoffed. "She asked me to turn her." They both looked at her and then Hyoyeon laughed.

"Really... what did you tell her?"

"What do you think?" Taeyeon gave a serious look.

"You should have told her yes. How long have you two been together, 3 or 4 years now? It's about time you made a commitment." Hyoyeon laughed and patted Taeyeon's back.

"I think I'm already committed enough with you two and it's only been 2 years and we're not together."

"Did you tell her no?" Sunny questioned.

"Of course I told her no and she's not very happy with me now." Taeyeon laid her head back on the couch and closed her eyes. "She said she never wanted to see me again." She sighed "I swear if she had a stake she would have killed me."

They all became quiet, lost in their own thoughts for a moment until Sunny spoke up. "Should we be concerned? She's not going to come back during the day and set fire to the apartment?"

Taeyeon chuckled and shook her head. "I don't think it's as serious as all that. She would probably just open the curtains on me at noon or something."

"That's not funny." Sunny replied. "I hope she's smart enough to know she has to kill us all if she plans on killing you."

"It won't come to that." Taeyeon shrugged. "She left her keys and a nasty letter."

"Wow you really pissed her off didn't you?" Hyoyeon gave her a thumbs up. "Way to go Casanova."

Taeyeon laughed and nodded her head. "She already called me to apologize." Taeyeon smiled triumphantly. "She said she was in love with me and couldn't live without me. I even got her to agree to stay here and watch the apartment while we're away."

"You're a little devil." Hyoyeon snorted.

"Who you calling little?" Taeyeon shot her a dirty look. "We're the same height."

"I just called you a devil and you're only worried about the little part." Hyoyeon shook her head.

"Who knows what we are... maybe we are devils." Taeyeon said thoughtfully.

"Speak for yourself." Hyoyeon ran her hand through her hair. "I like to think of myself as an angel of mercy, putting these poor fools out of their misery.

"Only the male fools." Sunny joked laughing.

"Shut up!" Hyoyeon picked up a pillow and throw it at her.

Sunny grabbed the pillow out of the air easily and placed it in her lap. "You never told us why you wanted to go back to Korea?" Sunny turned her attention back to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon rubbed the back of her neck and shrugged. "I know this is going to sound weird..." she hesitated for a moment. "I keep having these dreams, no they're more like visions. I'm back in Korea and Jessica is there leading me into a room but I can feel someone else there watching me."

"That's why you want to go back?" Sunny walked over to sit in front of Taeyeon facing her. "You remember how I was able to find you that night right?" Sunny questioned and Taeyeon nodded her head. "I followed Jessica remember and she lead me to where you were being held and tortured. That was after she told me she didn't know where you were."

"I know..." is all Taeyeon said.

"You know...?! That's all you have to say?" Sunny sighed and crossed her arms. "I don't like it, it sounds like a trap to me."

"I know..." Taeyeon repeated again. "But I don't think the visions are coming from her. I've been seeing the same thing every night for the past month right before I wake up. But it's the person I can't see that's bothering me." She paused and looked up at Sunny. "I think it might be my maker."

Sunny stared at her for a while and then looked away with a sigh. "I still don't like it."

I know..." Taeyeon said for the third time. "But you understand why I must go. I have to find Jessica, maybe she knows where my maker is."

"Or maybe it's a trap." Sunny said again but decided not to protest any longer. She knew how important is was to Taeyeon to find her maker.